Questioned

EMPTINESS [MOVING TO OTHER ACCOUNT]
Please log in to read the full chapter

I slowly opened my eyes when I felt the warm reflection of the sun upon me. I sit up straight and felt my back aching really badly. I stretched my body from side to side and saw the cloth fell along the way. I picked it up and wondered who covered me up. Glancing back to my sister's bed, I saw her already awake and looking at me with a smile on her face. I smiled back.

"Since when were you awake?" I asked her.

"I don't know. I was just watching you sleep. Did you have a good dream?" She asked me and recalled the dream I had. But it was more like a throwback 3-4 months ago, when I was still preparing for the music festival. I furrowed my brows as I thought of why I dreamt of that event. I glanced on my sister and saw her hair, the same length she still has since 3 to 4 months ago, it was like the answer popped out suddenly.

"Since when were you bald, eonnie? Three months ago? Four?" I bombarded, ignoring her previous question. I saw her stiffened a bit and tried to let out a chuckle, which sounded more like a nervous one.

"What? No. I'm not bald." She laughed it off, turning her eyes away from me.

"Eonnie. Don't hide it from me already. I just realized it. It was that time where I saw your hair remains and gave me an excuse that you just cut your hair, wanting change." I explained in a bitter tone, still looking at her.

"Yeon-ah..." Yoona eonnie cooed and held my hand tightly. And the time squeezed back, I felt something metallic between and that's when I saw a ring on her right hand. How come I never saw this? Or I was really wasn't noticing the few details. But I could still remember that time when Kris oppa asked me for help in proposing to my sister. That was few months ago but I know he planned to propose after I get back from Busan. So why did he already proposed when we had already readied for an event?

"This ring..." I started slowly. "Are you and Kris oppa engaged?" I asked and saw her head fell down along with her expression. So it's not Kris oppa who proposed? Then who?

"It's not oppa?!" I shrieked. Saddened by the thought of there was another man in Yoona eonnie's life, when the both were like match in heaven. I saw her shook her head.

"It's Kris. He proposed to me when you were at Busan." She explained, muttering words later on that I couldn't hear clearly. I gaped at her. I was feeling weirdly, like there's too much mixed feelings, happy for my sister, feeling pity to their love and disappointed in Kris' absence.

"Then why isn't he here?! Oh I know, it's when he found out your sickness? Oh that jerk, he sure is getting it from me." Knocking my knuckles as I felt the anger rising up on me but I felt Yoona eonnie's grip on my arm.

"No. He's not here... But I- I'm going to see him soon." I saw my sister suddenly smiled warmly, like she and Kris were really going to meet up soon. I wanted to ask for more details but I don't want to push her to it. So I just smiled back, softly.

"He better be. Hope you'll see him soon." I said. I was really hoping them to see each other but why was I feeling a lump on my throat when I stated it?

 

"Here. Eat up." I placed two-opened bread and milk in front of Sangchu. He ignored me and I scoff back at him.

"Eat it before I eat them. I know you're hungry and I am too." I reached my hand to the bread but was halted when Sangchu immediately munched on it. I smirked as I felt like winning against him.

I opened another pack of bread for myself and ate as I watched Sangchu ate his share. I rummaged my bag after eating the bread, trying to search for another food. And as soon as I felt my hand touch a bar chocolate, I grinned widely.

Taking off the chocolate wrapper, I took a small bite from it and it was heavenly. My eyes grazed to my side and saw Sangchu watching me eat my chocolate.

"You want?" I innocently asked him. Sangchu gaped his mouth, letting his tongue out as he breathes. I leaned the choco bar to him, but when the proximity was few millimeters away, the chocolate bar was grasped by a doctor intruder.

"What the-" 

"What were you doing?" He glared at me as he asked me in a cold tone.

"Ma-making him eat?" I stuttered, my words rising to another octave. I was nervous and hell, his glare is sure scary.

"With a chocolate bar." He raised a brow. His voice was much calmer than the previous but still stern.

"And???" I muttered questionably with furrowed brows. I saw him sigh deeply and ran a hand through his hair. His simple action squeezed some part in my chest but decided to ignore it.

"You almost killed him, Jiyeon." I gaped my mouth at his words. How could a dog die with merely a chocolate? How? 

"Next time, you should also research in what a dog could intake and not." Now, his voice is sure soft as he explained. "Dogs can't eat chocolate since it has methylxanthines which is toxic to them. So never even try to feed them a small chunk of it, understand?"

I nodded as I fumbled with my own fingers. I don't even know a thing about that toxic methasomething. I whipped my head to face Sangchu and hugged the dog tightly as I pouted.

"Sorry Sangchu ahh, you almost ate it because of me. Why did I even buy it? Ughhh damn that cashier who tempted me. Sorry Sangchu ah." I squeezed the dog tightly, feeling sad from what I have almost done. And as soon as I heard a whimper from the dog, the doctor was already pulling me away from the dog.

"Yah, are you trying to suffocate him to death instead?" I bit my lower lip and shook my head, fe

Please log in to read the full chapter