Side Story 4 : it shouldn't be me

us.
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Side story 4 : it shouldn't be me

in which he thought he was too small.

 

Why me?

In a random night when he felt so small.

 

His dream vanished the moment some weight was put on his bed, Yang Yoseob turned around, eyes lazily opened up. Yet then, a smile curled thinly as he saw a girl in his white t-shirt and loosened hair came to him. And his visitor was none other the tired Jung Eunji who managed to copy his smile. Her eyes were greeting him, and he muttered an audible ‘hi’ before she caught his lips for a short peck. He put his elbow on the bed and leaning backward, welcoming her body to come closer. She reciprocated his invitation right away, coming closer into his embrace and leaning her exhaustion onto his warm chest, inhaling his comforting scent.

Her smile didn’t leave since then.

“What time is it?” he managed to ear with the whisper. And without he knowing she closed her eyes tight, shivering upon both his husky lazy voice and his hot breath. And thankfully she managed to mutter ‘1’ before tilted up her head to gaze into his eyes.

“1 am oppa,” she said again.

He made a frown on his small forehead, “Who sent you here?”

“A handsome oppa,” and she grinned innocently.

“Excuse me, Jung Eunji-ssi?”

“It’s manager oppa,” and her grin getting wider. Teasing him was one of the most interesting things for her. Being inside his embrace Jung Eunji could feel Yoseob stiffened a second before, and it was cute actually.

“And ... today Minhyuk oppa asked me out for a date,” she was teasing again.

“And?”

Of course she declined it. He knew she was just teasing him. She enjoyed it, yes he knew. But the truth, it wasn’t just a tease for him. He had been continuously felt unsecured getting this kind of news. It was just yesterday Hayoung told him that Kim Bum, the actor she once played with, just texted Eunji for a meet up. He knew he had broken up with his former girlfriend, it was a huge news, and then, why he started contacting Eunji now. He really didn’t want to answer that. And now, the picture of how Kpop Fest MC, that handsome drummer of CN Blue had tried to approach her was not helping his anxiety.

Being her boyfriend wasn’t easy, not that he doubt her love, no, he would never. But with all the popularity she managed to build day after day, and all the amount of love people gave her, he knew that he was so tiny beside this bright rising star.

He had been thinking that being the main vocal of Beast was more than enough as his resume, but it turned to be too light beside all she had now. She was the success Busan actor. She was always one of the amazing vocalists. She was not a mere musical actress. And nowadays, she had been continuously receiving love call from famous brands asking for an endorsement. While him, he was still that main vocal of Beast.

He heaved up, looking at her solemn figure who lying carelessly inside his embrace.

“You should really meet a better guy,” he murmured loud enough. And he got no response even after waiting for seconds. He heaved another deep breath, “hey, you sleeping already?” he asked more. Lifting his head a little further he could manage to see her solemn face as her eyes closed together, breathing in soft rhythm. Again, he sighed, back to his own pillow and securing her figure into his tight embrace. A pout was formed next, the picture of his disappointment.

“How can she sleep after putting me in this un-cool jealousy?”

It was supposed to be an audible whisper but her un-sleepy ears inevitably caught it. Her thin smile formed.

“Kang Minhyuk, he’s handsome, right? I saw those videos. Seriously Jung Eunji, he looked good next to you,” he murmured, thinking a silly thought, “and he’s tall, and you’re short. That’s just perfect. Isn’t he such a gentle bastard? Why I even cursing?” he continued his soft rant. Eunji might have slept, he thought, that’s probably why his disappointment lingered, disturbing him, a lot. “He plays a cool instrument. Should I learn playing drum too?” and he groaned softly.

He sighed, feeling so lost. His gaze went down again, studying the way she slept. “Shouldn’t this girl choose someone else rather than staying with me?” he took his hand off of her waist and went into her cheek, softly, carefully touching it. “Of all those gentlemen, why me?” he whispered into the air. A faint smile formed on his face before he closed together his eyes.

But a second after, he sensed a movement from the girl inside his arms. Before he successfully opened up his eyes, his lips had already graced by hers. A grin on her face followed next.

“Minhyuk oppa is truly handsome,” she said once their eyes met. “And he shines, somehow,” and it startled the older. He was about to questioned her but she kissed him again, “But, you’re handsome as well, oppa,” the girl said the matter of fact, “hotter often, and cuter even,” she added another soft peck on his nose.

Yoseob was dumbfounded. He had already gotten two pecks, but he couldn’t understand what her intention. His eyes dazed, studying her sparkled eyes. What she just said? Was what on his mind, and he couldn’t hide it well.

Eunji then woke up to face his cute daze, then she cupped his cheeks, “I said, you are handsome. The most handsome man I ever met. And I hate it cuz you’re getting more handsome time to time.” Again she finished her line with a soft kiss on his lips, which this time stayed a little bit longer.

_____

“Eunji-ya!”

“Yah!”

“Eonni?!”

“Uh?” she had been unconsciously drooling over the familiar look on their TV Plasma. “What?” Her eyes hadn’t moved at all from the sc

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter