DODO

HOE-TEL

By the time he’d completed his task, he was in a much better mood. Some of the guests staying at the resort were a pleasure to be around, he thought as he trotted down the stairs, giggling.  Jae sometimes thought of the resort as a hotel; the atmosphere in the dwelling quarters was just that intimate. He really had to watch himself around that Shirota. Not to mention, he’d be dead if Changmin found out he’d been messing around with the customers. “5TAR has a no-no policy about such behaviour…blah blah blah” he grumbled in an attempt to imitate Changmin’s voice.

Thinking about that filled him up with dread. Changmin seemed to be in a particularly sensitive mood today, anyways. Letting something like this slip would be an axe to his job. “It was just a tiny peck!” Jae said in an attempt to convince himself he hadn’t done anything worth getting into too much trouble for. It wasn’t his fault he was a er for gwiyomi!

“Unless, that customer from this morning blabbed…” he thought. That would really do it. Throughout his errand, he’d wondered “what if he was actually deaf or something”, which had filled him up with guilt. But that sentiment wouldn’t last if the guy cost him his job!

“No-one blabbed” came from his right…very close to his ear.

Unsurprisingly, Jae screamed, which caused him to jump and hit his elbow on the counter. A string of profanities left his lips as he started hopping around holding his elbow in pain, only to end up banging his foot on the edge of the counter protruding from the floor. “!” He screamed louder and started hopping on one foot while he held onto his toe... The one-foot-hopping sent him crashing into the display cabinet, making the contents crash down to the marble floor.

“! ETY Mc, !”

“I haven’t heard anyone use that word in such an inventive way before” said Yunho, who’d seen the whole clumsy display and hadn’t offered to help. He was too busy comparing Jae to a wild kitten…and trying to keep his laughter to himself.

“YOU!” Yelled Jae, as he turned a death glare at Yunho, finger pointed.

“Careful. You don’t want to trip on the mess you made”. Yunho really didn’t mean it to come out so patronising; he was trying to be humorous. His words only boiled Jae’s blood further - though he did step through the pile very carefully.

Well, at least the guy wasn’t mute so he didn’t have to feel guilty over that.

Once out of the danger-zone, Jae came marching in front of Yunho, with an accusatory glare pointed in his direction. “What the hell is your problem!?”

While Jae was raging, Yunho couldn’t keep his chuckling in anymore. He couldn’t help it; Jae was the most adorable thing he’d seen. And Yunho was a er for clumsy-cuteness.

But, seeing the expression on Jae’s face, Yunho immediately sobered up. Yeah, maybe laughing at him wasn’t the best approach, based on the information in his file.

“Sorry. Umm, Yunho.” He extended his hand in introduction. But Jae just looked at him with those eyes, expecting more.

“Know what?” He finally asked once he realised Moob-Man was done talking.

“Huh?”

“Know what? You just said ‘You Know’… I know what?”

“Oh no, umm…Yunho. I meant my name.”

“Oh. Oh, no I don’t.”

“What?”

“I don’t know your name!”

“Yunho! I just told you that.”

“I’m confused.”

“What’s there to be confused about?”

“Your name! I don’t know it. Quit saying ‘You Know’! I mean unless you’re some prince or superstar, how the heck do you expect me to know your name…Moob-man” he said the last bit under his breath.

“HA-HA! Oh, I get it. What I’m trying to say is that my name is Yun-Ho, Yunho. Not ‘You Know’. Ha-ha.”

“…you’re called Hoe?”

“WHAT!?”

“What ‘WHAT’? You just said your name is Hoe…”

“Oh God! Not Hoe, you dodo! YunHo. Yun-Ho! Y.U.N.H.O. Yunho!”

“Ooh. Ha-ha. Now I get it. That makes a lot more sense. Uhm…I’ll just walk away.” That’s what he tried to swiftly do before he was grabbed by the elbow and towed back to face Moo -  Yunho!

“Wait! Did you just call me Moob-Man?” Yunho asked incredulously.

Jae immediately panicked. “HUMPH NO!” he tried to appear nonchalant, but only managed to bow his head in guilt. “I really need to stop saying my thoughts out loud” he said, without realising he did exactly that.

Yunho was on the verge of squishing his cheeks and cooing at him like a baby, but refrained himself for the sake of his life. How can such a ball of fuzz be real? Though, he didn’t much appreciate having his much-hated moobs pointed out so painstakingly. On a normal basis he would have decked anyone who dares say such a thing, but with the Kitten in front of him he couldn’t bring himself to do anything about it. That guilt-filled look was enough to make Yunho panic and his brain scramble for something to bring a smile to that beautiful face.

“Uh, I guess I heard wrong.  Ha-Ha.” Yunho let go of his elbow. “Soo, what’s your name?” He asked, not that he needed to be told. His little snoop session had given him a lot of information about the little red-head.

And suddenly the guilt disappeared. Jaejoong snapped his head upwards - damn his height! “Why? Why do you want my name?” He fired questions one after another, his eyes growing bigger and bigger with each one. “Are you going to complain? Because let me tell you that I am the most…”

“HAHAHA!” burst Yunho before Jae was finished with his panicked rant. “No, no, don’t worry! No complaining! Promise.” He shook his head, that goofy smile still stretching his cheeks. Jae just stared at him like he was wasting his time that could be wasted doing…whatever –  it didn’t mattered, he was probably going to be sent off on another pathetically useless errand by the Bane anyways.

But anything was better than facing this idiot! Ugh! “Why me?” he grumbled, one side of his mouth lifted in disgust. “Look Mr Mo- uhh… I mean Mr Hoe – YUNHO!” Dang it! He took a deep breath before squaring his shoulders and standing to his full height, not that it helped; he still had to look up. “SIR, if there’s anything I can assist you with please feel free to ask. And if you don’t require my assistance, then I request that you please take your leave. As you can see I’m quite busy...” he said pointing in the general direction of the mess he’d made, his eyes still staring daggers at the taller man, making it clear that no word out of his mouth was sincere.

“…”

When Jae got sick of the wide-eyed staring, he sighed in defeat. Knowing he’d just waste his time asking questions, he decided to simply ignore the taller presence and bent down to pick up the display items and starting stacking them back up. Though why there were such ridiculous items on display in such a prestigious resort, Jae had no idea. He just shook his head and ignored it, like he’d learnt to do about a lot of things at 5TAR.

Display back the way it was, Jaejoong put his hands on his hips and sighed, satisfied. Though he was surprised that the guy hadn’t offered a helping hand, despite it being his fault! “Hah!” He swirled around to tell him off, but decided against it once he saw the glazed look in those almond eyes. He was not in the mood for another forced, one-sided conversation.

Much like he’d done earlier, Jae marched forward and shoved past Moob-Ma – DAMN IT TO HELL! That name seemed to have gotten stuck in his brain.

The impact of Jae’s shove seemed to have broken the spell cast on Yunho. Realising that his fascination was walking off again, he quickly followed and caught up thanks to his long legs. “Yah, you didn’t answer my question” he accused as he got in step with the irritated employee.

“What question?” Jae continued walking.

“What’s your name?”

“None of your business” he continued to walk past the desk, making sure he didn’t trip on the stupid ridge again.

Yunho, in his haste to keep the conversation going, failed to notice what Jae does on a daily basis and got his foot caught on the evil ridge poking out from between the two levels. In a very un-Yunho fashion he went tumbling down, his torso taking Jaejoong down with him.

“AAH!” yelled Jae, when his already sore elbow connected with the hard floor. He didn’t have time to nurse his wound or swear his heart out because there was suddenly a heavy weight on him; his squished between the floor and what his brain decided was pounds and pounds of flour. “Yah!” screamed Jae, all the while trying to wiggle away from the heavy man on top of him. “Get off of me you overgrown whale!”

Yunho was a little dizzy after gravity had betrayed him and didn’t even realise he’d taken Jae down with him. Noticing that the floor was wiggling under him, and the constant demanding yells Yunho finally came to his senses when he got his hair pulled in a handful. “Ow!” he exclaimed and quickly sat up on his knees bringing Jae up with him considering the strength the smaller male was using on his hair. “Ow! Let go of my hair you little spider monkey!” His hair was immediately released. Jae was twisted backwards in an awkward angle as he’d been back-to-front with Yunho on the floor. He turned his head as much as he could to glare at Yunho, who was now unknowingly straddling his from the back.

Yunho was rubbing the spot on his head where he was sure hair had been ripped out from, so he missed the deadly glare being shot his way from underneath him. His eyes grew twice their size when he snapped his head towards the boy underneath him, after hearing a middle aged couple in casual summer clothes throwing disapproving looks their way, while the pretty woman leaned in to whisper something in the man’s ear before disappearing behind the double automatic doors. “Uhm…you…i…well you...” he stuttered trying to look for an excuse.

Jae continued to glare and set his lips in a thin line, his arms were getting tired from supporting his weight. “Get. Off. Me. Now.” Jae spat through his closed lips.

Yunho could swear he saw smoke coming from his ears.

Knowing he was in danger of going home with a broken nose, Yunho hastily got off Jae and offered his hands for him to take. The other completely ignored the offered help and got off the floor in a clumsy fashion, almost falling again before he gained his balance and dusted off his trousers and straightened his shirt collar.

Taking a deep breath, Jaejoong turned towards Yunho. “Ok. I’m going to say this once and once only so listen to me very, very carefully.  If you cross my path one more time, I will forget about the ethics of my job and you will forget what it’s like to walk, talk or do anything else that requires a working bone in your body. Do. I. Make. Myself. Clear?” He took a tiny step closer with each word, ending up so close to the taller man that he could smell the expensive cologne wafting off of him.

For all his cuteness, even The Jung Yunho had to admit Jaejoong looked downright scary at that moment. Unfortunately for the little fire-breather, his stance convinced Yunho even more that he had to spend more time with him. A slow smirk adorned his face; he was definitely going to have to see how long he’d be able to push Jaejoong’s buttons without ending up in an infirmary.

“Crystal” Yunho replied, lowering his face even closer to Jaejoong’s – which only pissed him off further.

A loud growl erupted from Jae’s throat. Before he really did punch the guy into Neverland, he just closed his eyes and took a careful, big step backwards. When he opened his eyes, Moob-Man – yes he deliberately thought of that name - was just smiling at him…or was that a smirk?

“Ugh!” for the third time that morning, Jaejoong shoved past him and went in the opposite direction.

“What about your name?” he heard a yell from behind him.

Jaejoong just ignored him and climbed the stairs to Changmin’s office. Only when he was near the door did something occur to him. He stopped in his track. “…wait. Did he call me a dodo!?” he exclaimed.