THE JUNG

HOE-TEL

I hate him. I abso-freakin-lutely hate his mutant tall guts!

That was the thought running through his head as he abruptly turned a corner, and came face-first with…MOOBS!?

WHAT?!!! WTF?

Jae immediately untangled himself from the owner of the moo…um, chest. When did he get tangled up, anyways? As he hastily moved backwards, all he saw were bow-shaped lips with a mole adorning the top lip before gravity pulled him on his back. He’d failed to notice the ridge separating the two floor levels; the same damn ridge he always warns people about.

He fell flat on his .

His current predicament wasn’t helping his already sour mood. He seethed internally, as he got off the marble floor and dusted himself off. It suddenly occurred to him, that Moob-Man was the cause of him going into ultra-clumsy mode. Excellent, he thought. Mentally prepared to take his anger out on the guy, Jae turned towards him, only to have the glare vanish.

It seemed, Mr Moob wasn’t all that bad looking…not to mention he’d been staring at him like a freak. Creepy much?

“Ahem.” Jae deliberately cleared his throat, expecting to see at least a sheepish apology from the idiot. But no. All he got was more staring. Ok, he thought. Let’s try the Chullie approach.

“Welcome to the 5TAR Vacation Resort, can I help you?” Not that he particularly cared about doing his job at that moment. He just wanted to make the guy quit staring like he’d just witnessed wings sprout from Jae’s back, with a halo dancing on his crown. Seriously, what’s up with this guy?

Jae’s less-than-cheerful greeting fell on deaf ears. He was still being scrutinised like one would an exquisite creature. Getting tired of a lack of response, he snapped. “If you don’t have any business here, then I suggest you turn around and leave, sir.” The last part was only added to prevent another lecture-session with The Bane of his existence ; he hated it when cowardly customers complained to the manager about him, rather than face him.

He effectively shoved past the Goldfish – who was still staring like a moron – and attempted to go about his oh-so-delightful errand.

GRR!

***

Wow. Just…wow!

He couldn’t believe his eyes. 

He was trying to convince himself that he’d not really seen such an exquisite creature, in a place he’d expected himself to rot to death from boredom! Suddenly, this whole ordeal didn’t seem so bad. His lips slowing curled into a huge smile as he thought maybe taking care of this particular branch of 5TAR wouldn’t be so bad. Not if he had people like…what was his name?

! It occurred to him that he hadn’t even asked him his name. It also dawned on him that he’d done or said nothing but gawk, like a brainless buffoon at the pretty, clumsy employee. Oh well, he thought. He’d have plenty of opportunity to get to know him. But as it was, he started looking around for the manager who was supposed to greet him at the entrance.

Pfft! Looks like he has some disciplining to do, already. Time keeping was of utmost importance in good business, and it was not acceptable for a manager to make a higher authority wait. He was about to turn around and go to the reception again, when he heard someone shout “Jung-sshi!!!” He wasn’t sure if it was intended for him or not, after all, there was more than one Jung in South Korea.

But once he saw the freaky tall and handsome man approaching him, waving some papers at him, he was sure it was aimed at gaining his attention. Hmm, he thought. Was this the manager? Somehow that seemed wrong. This guy seemed too handsome to be spending his time behind a desk and documents…then again wasn’t he – smexy beast that he was- doing the same thing?

Once the guy was close enough, he immediately stuck his hand out in welcome. “Jung Yunho-sshi, right? I’m the manager, Shim Changmin. Sorry for the delay, I was held up trying to get rid of Jaejo – umm. Anyways! Please accept my apologies.” He bowed with the last part.  Yunho was planning on reprimanding, but this guy seemed to know he was in the wrong, that was something the Jungs appreciated.

They shook hands after a curt introduction from Yunho’s part, ensuring that he wasn’t going to be holding this against Manager Shim. As he was led to the main office, Yunho looked around one more time, in hopes of glimpsing the auburn-haired employee. No such luck, although it did make him smile at his own behaviour.

The main office was, just like he’d expected, grand. Yunho had been to many meetings where the aesthetics of each branch was discussed in detail, to make sure everything was done to attract customers. On the way to the office, he learnt that Manager Shim was highly respected, and perhaps even feared, as some employees deeply bowed to him while others flinched at his sight.

Hmm, interesting.

“Please take a seat Jung-sshi” offered Changmin. “I must say, I was expecting an entourage…I mean it’s quiet surprising that you’re here all on your own.” Changmin seemed to be suspicious of something, as his mismatched eyes bore down onto Yunho’s. Yunho, on the other hand, was quit amused. He could see that Changmin was a no-nonsense man – just the kind of people he liked to work with.

“Manager Shim, I assure you, I’m quite capable of getting to a destination without the support of an ‘entourage’. Now, why don’t we finish the pleasantries, and get on with business?” Surprisingly to Yunho, Changmin didn’t flinch or cower at his cold voice, like he’d expected. That was the reaction he was used to when he used his all-business, no-, Jung Yunho approach. The next words out of Changmin’s mouth showed Yunho that Changmin would get along with him just fine. Yunho liked his behaviour and attitude already.

“With all due respect, Jung-sshi, but I must make such enquiries for the sake of the business. I have no particular interest in chit-chat.” Changmin replied just as straightforward as Yunho had been which made Yunho break his demeanour and laugh. He’d always loved working in a place where people weren’t especially afraid or intimidated by him, and Changmin was just that person! An equal in looks and attitude; Yunho wasn’t acquainted with many people of that calibre.

 There seemed to be more than one reason for Yunho to actually be excited about working here. Especially with that adorable thing he’d crashed into on the way here…

“Did I unknowingly crack a joke, Sir?” enquired Changmin, sounding very unimpressed. He didn’t like getting off topic. Chairman’s son or not, he wasn’t about to let anyone walk all over him. However, the he was curious about the famous Jung Yunho’s behaviour…he didn’t seem very much the cold business-man he was prepared to face.

“Something like that” replied Yunho, with a somewhat faraway look in his eyes.

Right” said Changmin, exaggerating the sound. “Well, Jung-sshi I’ve prepared the docume…” he didn’t to finish his sentence, before Yunho interjected with “Yunho. Call me Yunho. Let’s drop the honorifics.” That caught Changmin by surprise.

“Um, right. If you wish, Sir – I mean, Yunho. As I was saying, I have the documents ready for you to review and approve. I’ll let the other employees know of your role in the…” again, he didn’t finish before he was interrupted. Yunho seemed to snap out of whatever reverie he’d been having. “That won’t be necessary, yet. Draw up the files of the employees; I’ll sift through them, individually, before introducing myself officially.”

“But Si-Yunho, I don’t see why that would be necessary. I assure you; all the employees are here because they have earned their places. I have run thorough background checks on each individual before they have been hired.” Changmin seemed determined to get his point across. What he couldn’t see was the mischievous glint in his new boss’ eyes.

“Manager Shim, I was jus…”

“Changmin.” Interrupted Changmin.

“Sorry?”

“You just said to drop the honorifics. I believe it’s always best to start something by oneself.”

“Ha. Right. Changmin. My going through the employee files does not, in any way, demean your authority. I can clearly see you’re a champion at your job, and take your role seriously. I find that an admirable trait, Changmin. But at the same time, you need to understand that I have my reasons for wanting to do little things here and there.” It was said in a friendly manner, so Changmin was confused. He didn’t seem to figure Yunho out, which was annoying. Jae always nagged him for figuring people out quickly, but he loved that particular ability of his, so it irritated him when he couldn’t do it.

“You are the boss so I guess what you say goes. I’ll just load the files, you can go through them on my laptop. I have to go and check everything is running smoothly. If you finish this feel free to go through the business documents. We need to get them signed and sent to the Chairman’s office, as soon as possible. If we have any time remaining I’ll take you up to your office.”

“Excellent” chirped Yunho, excited about seeing the file for the clumsy little red-head…well, it was more like auburn, but who cares.