TULIP

HOE-TEL

AN: this chapter wasn't going to be posted for a while, because the other half wasn't done. However, I decided that the remaining parts of this chapter will be better of on a chapter of their own...hence this chapter is a little shorter than the previous ones.

ENJOY

P.S. starting from this chapter the plot will start to move...Keep your eyes peeled!

...how many times did I write 'chapter'...damn

________________

On the ride towards the little florist, Jaejoong was trying his best to calm his nerves; it wouldn’t do any good to make a fool of himself. Although he was really excited about asking out the girl he’d been crushing on for a while, there was also the fear of rejection. He’d been going to the same florist shop for over three years now, always coming out with a lighter heart and the same bundle of yellow roses every time. He’d seen the shop open as a little cart stand on the road-side and eventually build into a successful little business. Somehow, throughout the years the place had become a place of comfort for him; the pleasant smell of the different flowers overwhelmed his senses to the extent that he’d pretend he was somewhere else. A place where the accident hadn’t happened…

Not wanting to dwell on that particular night, Jaejoong turned his thoughts to his newest colleague at work. Surprisingly, the day had gone faster than he’d expected upon recognising who he’d been ordered to train. He was glad they’d been able to get along by the end of the day, though he still was very annoying, in Jaejoong’s opinion; he wasn’t sure what to think of the never-ending open mouthed stares he constantly got until he had to click his fingers in his face or nudge him to focus. But the worst part of Jaejoong was Yunho’s apparent skill in Gwiyomi!

As mentioned before, Jaejoong had a weakness for any type of gwiyomi. It was one thing he couldn’t build resistance against. And lo and behold! The guy he wanted shove down the stairs most of the time knew exactly what to do turn his frown into an open-mouthed smile.

Damn it!

It had really got on his nerves throughout the day, so much so that he was on the verge of doing something rash. Fortunately for him, before they knew it the evening had come and he’d had to the guy to Changmin’s office; being very pleased with it. Though he felt a little weird being in the same room as the two taller men; there was a strange sort of secretive atmosphere – one that he felt highly uncomfortable with.

Before he knew it, Jaejoong was in front of the florist. With a nervous smile he parked the car and got out. The little bell jingled above the door as Jaejoong pushed it open; a very familiar and comforting melody. He took a deep breath appreciating the smell for the nth time in his life, the bright interior of the shop challenging his visuals with its contrast to the dark scene outside.

There were a couple of customers scattered around, some looking and inhaling the pretty flowers while others were paying and thanking the little old man behind the counter whom had his signature bright smile on.

Feeling more relaxed, Jaejoong couldn’t help the smile from erupting on his handsome face.

“Jaejoong-ah!”

Knowing exactly who that voice belonged to, he turned around and walked in the direction of the voice, coming across a pile of beautifully wrapped bouquets as the current woman of his affection sat cross legged on the floor, in the middle of wrapping a bunch of white lilies with shiny green wrapping paper. Jaejoong carefully set a couple of the bouquets aside and sat in front of her just as she looked up at him with her usual heart-warming smile.

“Hi” they both said simultaneously, grinning.

“What are these for” Jaejoong asked trying to distract himself from his increasing heartbeat.

“Several occasions. The lilies have been ordered for a prom date. The white roses are for an anniversary and the yellow ones are for a congratulatory part. The marigolds are for a get-well-soon wish. The daisies are for…” she continued to list off the numerous bouquets and what they were for.

“Dara, sweetie can you cover the counter for me? I need to look over some receipts…Oh hello son! I didn’t see you come in.” Exclaimed Mr Park, as he came towards them.

“Daddy, I need to finish these bouquets. Can’t you stay for a couple more minutes?”

“Ah, it’s ok. You work on the bouquets, I’ll watch the counter till then” offered Jaejoong. No it wasn’t strange because the Parks had known him for years now, and they definitely trusted him with the counter. In fact there had been times when he’s manned the entire store alone, when there’d been some sort of emergency.

“Oh thank you! I’ll be quick” assured Dara as she continued to wrap away.

It didn’t take long for Dara to come up and relieve Jaejoong of his duties, not that it was much; he’d only served two customers. Jaejoong wondered around for a while until the customers had finished before hesitantly going back towards Dara, who was looking for something in the little cabinet overhead.

“Ah, here they are.” She said proudly before presenting the little assortment of tulips to Jaejoong on the table. He had been ordering the same flowers every fortnight, for as long as he’d become Dara’s customer. She knew they were special from the many little heart-to-heart sessions they’d had with each other. Hence, she always had them specially looked after every time he came in to collect them; sometimes she’d even go to lengths to make sure they had them in stock if they’d somehow run out.

“They’re perfect, as usual. Thank you” Jaejoong sincerely provided while gently the plump, unopened petals of different colours. Before he’d become acquainted with the precious buds, Jaejoong had no idea tulips came in so many different colours and patterns. But if he had to choose, he really had a liking for the white ones. No deep meaningful reason, they just drew him for some reason.

But Euna had always preferred the ones that had more than one colour in them; though any tulip was special in her eyes. Jaejoong couldn’t help remember the times he used to prank her by destroying her little tulip pots. How he wished he could see her smile so adoringly again, he’d provide her with all the tulips she ever wanted.

Dara saw his expression going dark again and quickly searched for something to halt his thoughts; knowing exactly what he was remembering.

“So how was work today? No chesty guys attacking you again?” she enquired amusedly, but hoping he’d brighten up.

“Ah, no not really. It was actually worst…or better depending on how you see it” he said with a cute grimace, looking back up at her.

“What do you mean?” she quirked her eyebrow in question.

 “Well, remember I told you that there was a new employee joining 5TAR? Turns out, Moob Man is the new employee” he grumbled dismayed.

“Wait…what!?” She couldn’t help snicker. It was only a couple of days ago, Jaejoong had come in declaring his disgust at some rude person who’d inconvenienced him during his work hours. He was very unhappy that night; it was interesting because Jaejoong was usually cheery when he came to visit. Apparently that night he’d come to vent…or in his words, he would have strangled an innocent duck somewhere – yup, duck.

“It’s not funny!”

“Oh yes it is! Please tell me you didn’t attack him!”

“Well…no permanent damage was done…” he finished in an undertone. Dara simply burst into laughter, holding her midsection. Watching her laughing so freely, Jaejoong knew he had to ask now or he’d chicken out.

“Umm, Dara? Umm…are free…I mean are…what I’m trying to say…” he couldn’t seem to finish a sentence. Dara had stopped laughing and was now just smiling at him expectantly. Great, he thought. Perfect time to have a stuttering phase.

Summoning up all his strength, he let out in one breath “Willyougooutwithme?”

“Huh?” understandably, she hadn’t caught it.

Looking into her eyes, he finally decided to go for it like a man. “Dara, I like you. I have for a while, and I was hoping…if you’re not busy this weekend, will you go on a date with me?” He surprised himself by how calmly he managed to say that; mentally patting himself on the back.

Dara just stared at him, completely lost for words.

“Off course you’re not obliged to say yes! I mean it’s totally fine if you just want to…” he quickly started noticing the lack of response from her, but wasn’t able to finish before Dara spoke, interrupting his little assurance statement.

“So, are you asking me to be your girlfriend?” she asked for clarification, secretly excited.

“I suppose…yeah. I mean, if that’s ok with you, because you now it’s totally…”

“Jaejoong” she had to interrupt him again, seeing as he obviously had lost the connection between his brain and tongue, temporarily. “Yes, I would like to go on a date with you. And yes, I will be your girlfriend.”

“Oh” it was lame, but in his shocked and flustered state of mind, it was the best he could do. “Ok, then. Great!” he finally acknowledged.

They just stared at each other, smiling and a little nervous. Not really sure what to do now.

“Well, I guess I should go now. Umm, I’ll pick you up on Saturday?” he asked with an adorably expectant smile.

“Yeah, that should be fine. Dad can manage by himself for one day” she assured, ringing him up as he paid for the tulips. Once he held the flowers in his hand, they stood there a little awkwardly.

“Right then. Thank you for the flowers. I’ll see you this Saturday” he bowed a little before backing out of the shop. Once outside, he took a huge deep breath. A smile lighting up his entire demeanour as he headed towards his car. He felt like a weight had been lifted off his shoulders. After the day he’d had, this was just what he needed to make the bad things insignificant…though it would be fantastic if he could get some good news about Euna. 

____________

If there are any questions feel free to ask in the comments sections. 

Let me know what you guys think!