Chapter 5-Delusional

Undying Love

"T-Taemin?"

My eyes widened, my heart shook, and my jaw was probably on the floor again. Not to mention I dropped whatever I was holding for the second time. What the was happening? I thought, taking one step closer to the figure. "Is that..Is that you?"

The head lifted up and either I was delusional, or Taemin was really here because that was his face. That was his same beautiful, and flawless-..pale, thinned face. "Oh g-god Taemin I-I'm so sorry-I'm so-" Suddenly, Taemin was running away. "W-Wait! Where are you going!" I shouted this as I bolted right after him. There was no way I was going to lose him. No way I can stand having that again. My eyes were focused on no one but him. It was my goal to reach him, to hold him into my arms and to whisper the apologies I owe him. It was my goal, so why wouldn't he let me achieve it? We left in good terms didn't we? Doesn't he remember I that I said I loved him back ? Doesn't he? "Taemin!" I screamed. I could see that I was catching the attention of everyone around, but I could care less. Right now my brain only saw them as obstacles in the way of my path. So with every body my own had made contact with had been pushed aside like an object.

I reached out my arm to Taemin's shoulder. I was closing in on him. And I really mean that I was so so close. However, as soon as my finger almost made contact, he disappeared by running to his left. Completely thrown off, I was slowed down inevitably. But that didn't stop me from continuing.

It was then that I encountered a dark place between two tall buildings, probably where one could have things done to them and no one would know unless they walked in deeper. So I did go in, only to find that he was truly gone. God knows how long I had been running because my knees completely gave out. I just realized I was probably numbed the whole time I was in the chase, because it started to take a toll on my body a few minutes after. My legs were practically tembling, sort of twitching once in a while. But then I felt my shoulders shaking as well, which meant only one thing. I was crying.

I lifted my hands to my face to touch my cheeks and check if I really was. To my displeasure, I felt the warm liquids that quietly pitter-pattered the floor. I could hear it since I was sitting down. I put my hands back down to look at them and saw that they were glistening from the wet substance. Quietly, my tears started to land on them instead, causing my vision to blurr even more while I clenched my hands into fists. What's worse is of how held back sobs started to leave me. Although I tried to deny it, I knew those ugly sounds belonged to me. I knew it was my voice, and my pitiful cry. It was my tears that stained the floor, and my hiccups that filled the empty air.

I almost had him. 

But I ing lost him again. "F--" I sobbed.  

I could feel some stares coming from outside the shadows. They could probably hear my ridiculous cries. I knew no one would come though. I knew no one would take the chance on seeing whoever was getting tortured here.

Who cares. Who ing cares if they didn't look. What really mattered was of how Taemin was the one who returned all those things back to place. I was still not forgiven, and this was the proof. I cried even harder at the thought of this. I thought everything was going to finally be okay when he had woken up. I didn't know Taemin would still be this angry. "S-..I'm s-so sorry Taemin..I-I'm sorry..P-Please-come b-back to m-me.."

It was so cold. I don't remember it being this cold. Or maybe mother nature just wanted to be ed up and decided to make the matters worse for me. It was already late, so that could have been another logical reason for the crispy night.

I suddenly felt my phone buzzing in my pocket. I didn't want to pick it up, especially right now. But the buzzing was too damn persistent, so I it up and took deep breaths to stop my constant hiccups. I looked at my phone's screen and saw that the hospital was calling me. Now they choose to inform me of this? "Y-Yeobosaeyo?" I croaked.

"Yeobosaeyo? Mr.Choi?"

It was the doctor. "Neh?"

"I'm so sorry to tell you this so late-"

I was angered. By the tone of his voice, I already knew what he was going to me. So I interupted him."Yeah, you're pretty damn late alright."

"Minho we're sorry-We just didn't know when it happened-"

"It's fine."

It went silent for a moment.

"You..You should really come here."

"Waeyo?"

"We have to show you a few things. It's better to talk in person, so just come okay?"

"Okay."

"Sorry..about-"

"I said it was fine." I hung up the phone and then texted Yuri.


10:17pm
The doctors called me to the hospital. I might come home late.
Minho


I sent it to her and shut off my phone immediately after. The last thing I wanted was to be called. I was about fed up right now. I'm just so damn frustrated about everything that's been happening. It hasn't even been that long yet since Taemin had been in the coma, and now that he's awake it kills me even more. If we are going to start off like we did before, how is it that I have repaid his kindness? How is it that we will start as lovers?

-

I walked into the hospital with no expression. I was greeted by many nurses, but I didn't bother to speak back to them. I had one thing in mind right now. And that was to scold those good for nothings who had let Taemin out of their sight. If they had just taken care of him a little longer and informed me earlier I would have been able to see him in the hospital instead of outside. I wouldn't have had to chase him and then get abandoned. I know more than anyone that I deserve this pain, but I also know I have a right to explain to him why things were this way. I figured along the way of walking to the hospital that it was possible that his negative reaction could have been from realizing I was still with Yuri. Maybe he was hurt knowing that even after we had confessed to each other on his dying day, that I still wore the ring that tied me to my wife.

It wasn't a sure thing that he really felt that way, but I knew it was possible with how he had had time by himself to figure out what was happening now. My point is, that if the doctors had just kept him safe from finding out things I should explain to him, none of this would be happened.

After a few more moments, I was able to spot the nurse and doctor I had seen everyday. It seemed that they had taken notice of my presence, because at the second I was in their range of eyesight they all looked at me with guilt in their eyes.

"Minho-"

I glared at the doctor and cut him off like I did before. "What."

"You have my most sincere apologies, I really would have informed you earlier but I didn't know until we saw the security footage. Which is what I want you to see because-"

"Why would I want to see it? I already know what happened to Taemin."

He frowned slightly. "Oh..well I thought you would have wanted to see it to know just exactly how it happened.."

"I already saw the ing evidence myself." I said, my voice slowly rising. "I had to chase him through the streets for 's sakes, why didn't you all keep him in his room so I could have seen him? Who in their right minds would have let a patient out the second they had awakened!" By the time I finished my sentence, all the nurses and the doctor was looking at me wide-eyed. They were quite, and that only pissed me off more.

Then the nurse who I had talked to before started to speak. "Mr.Choi what are you talking about?"

For some reason I was out of breath. "What do you mean what am I talking about?" My brows knitted, "Taemin woke up, was out in the cold and you guys never even bothered to inform me about it-"

"Woke up? Minho what are you talking about? He never left that room." She said.

Now I was looking at all of them like they were mad. "Bwo? But I saw him at the house!"

The doctor studied me for a few seconds. "That not possible Minho, because that would be something she would get to first since she is his assigned nurse. And we wouldn't even let him take one step out of this hospital until you had seen him. He is your husband after all."

"But-But-" I thought hard, still in disbelief. I swore I saw him. "T-Then what did you call me here for?"

"Well Taemin seemed like he was starting to get upset. This mean that he was no longer in a coma, but that was only confirmed when he started to breathe heavily to lack of oxygen. It was almost like he was having a nightmare. And then that's when he said your name and we knew right away he was finally awake, just sleeping. We have it all on the security cam, and we can play it back if you want to. The only reason we hadn't noticed was because for some reason the room didn't alarm us when he started to breath heavily. If it did, we would have noticed it right away and called you. But we saw it later on as the security guard replayed all the videos and spotted that one event. He was confused why no one had come to aid Taemin, so he told us and then we called you."

"So t-that means he is awake?"

"Was awake." The doctor said.

"W-Was? What do you mean?" I could feel my cheeks were wet again from my tears.

"He fell back into a coma which is unusual."

"M-Maybe he's just sleeping-"

"That's what we thought too, but he wouldn't wake up or respond to anything. He didn't move, he didn't speak, nothing. He was completely unresponsive. Even to painful stimuli."

I put a hand to my face, and let myself cry softly. "S-So you're t-telling me..I-I m-missed it?"

They didn't respond to me. I knew why they didn't, because I would have done the exact same thing if I were in their shoes. I would have stayed quiet and let myself cry, just like they did. If what they said about earlier is true, then what does that mean? I know I wasn't hallucinating when I saw Taemin running out. And I know for sure the evidence at my place was from no one other than him. But if they say he never even took one step off of the bed, what does that make me? Am I crazy?

I cried even harder at my hand, feeling circles being rubbed onto my back for comfort. I guess I just miss him enough to feel this way. Even physically, my own body yearns for Taemin. For all I know, I could be brainless and my body would still search for the warmth that belonged to him. God this is all just one ed up situation. "It's okay Minho..he'll wake up soon at this rate." The nurse whispered to me. But I knew somewhere within those sincere words, a forshadowed reality was waiting. I knew she was just trying to sugar coat the bitterness of my pain. Which only brought more tears upon my eyes. Perhaps if she knew it wasn't that easy to take away the pain she would have come up with a better way to help me, but who could blame her? She has probably been working here for so many years that the pain from seeing others suffer was now just a numbing feeling she had to witness every single day and night.

I pity her. I pity the doctors here, but most of all I pity myself. All alone and sad while I hope for something most unlikely to happen. I knew that I deserved all these excruciating feelings, but why is it that now I don't want it? Have I really gotten that impatient? Or is it just too much?

I chuckled inwardly to myself. "What a coward.." I whisper under my sniffles. I really am such a coward.  I can't even keep a promise. Being given hope from seeing Taemin again, and to have it taken away within seconds could have probably been what made my thoughts result this way. But that was too much of an excuse in my opinion. I knew deep down my heart just wanted a reason to find that would let me off the hook to finally be with Taemin. I knew it wasn't good to think that way but I wouldn't say I disagreed either. I wished in every way that I could finally love him, but I'm sure reality won't give me something I don't deserve.

So until then, I'm guessing I have no other choice but to wait. I'm guessing whatever I saw today was nothing significant. At least not significant enough to be thought about for too long. Pushing away that arm that tried to comfort me, I stood up and simply bowed to them. No other words were needed except for mine. "Can I see the video please.." Rather than coming out as a question, it became a plea from the bottom of my broken heart. And with the best efforts they could, they explained the situation again before showing it to me. It was painful to watch. Taemin was just lying there, and then you could see his chest going up and down in a sudden rapid manner. After that, I could see him move around just barely until he finally said my name with a frown on his lips.

"Mr.Choi..gwenchana?"

Looking down on the floor, my mouth remained still. Could they even really ask me something like that?

I didn't bother answering that stupid question and left the hospital. I walked all the way to the house and next thing I knew I was laying down in my bed in our house, holding one of Taemin's pillows tightly to my body while inhaling the faint scent that remained. I could feel the wet line that traced down to the side of my temple and I didn't try to stop it this time. Instead, like I had done on the other night spent here, I let out every cry, sob, and sniffle of pain. There was nothing else I could think of doing. I could have been cleaning this place up, but even if the house was partially still a mess, I couldn't bring myself to get up.

I was too tired, both physically and emotionally.

"Taemin-ah.." I whispered, visualizing him laying right in front of me. Strangely, the picture of him being right next to me seemed real. So real that it was almost painful. My tears overflowed at the sight of him. He was so beautiful, so pure and innocent. So full of hope in that big heart of his. "I love you so so much. Did you know that?" My hand which had a mind of it's own reached out to the imagination of Taemin and caressed his smoothe cheek. I felt my heart beat quicken seeing him lean onto the feeling of my palm on his face.

This imagination of him wasn't helping me all that much since he only made me cry even more. "I love you so much that even my brain made you up and had me thinking I saw you at this house. My love for you has made me delusional." Taemin who smiled softly to my words held my hand. It felt so good to be comforted like this..even if it was all in my head. "I-I don't know how long you put up with this pain..I don't know how long you put up with all of my . I can't find myself to imagine how you dealt with all of it." I rested my forehead on his, "I know for a fact that I can't even go a week without you because it hurts so much..so how did you you deal with it for years?"

My voice was failing to remain calm, cracking as my cries heightened. "How much longer? How much longer will I have to face these kind of sufferings? You already know how impatient I am. I was never someone who could wait like you. I was never someone who could be like you. You were and you still are perfect." Goddamnit..I love him so much. I don't even have the right to approach him. "You held on so tightly with those delicate hands. But it's not even that which I felt grab me tightly, it was your love that had me in your grip for so long." A moment of silence came before I shook my head softly. "Aniya..it was never you holding on. It was probably me who desperately loved you so much without even realizing it. I thought I had gotten over you. I thought I was finally normal once I started dating Yuri. But I know now it was all an act. To tell the truth, I think I did it so you wouldn't suspect me. I didn't want you to know I had feelings that were considered a sin to others. But..if I had known you felt the same, I know that would have been able to embrace that."

I let out a shaky breath. "We could have been the ones married if I had just-..made the right choices."

The Taemin in front of me was surprisingly quiet. So-worriedly-I looked up at him, only to be shocked when I saw that he was crying. This reaction was probably what my brain desired, because seeing Taemin feeling so touched by my words made my heart feel lighter. "I-I love you so much Taemin. I always have..and I always will. I know I've said this numerous times before..but please come back to me. I need you..I need you so badly." And just then, even when I'm undeserving of it, my brain had decided to have Taemin hug me. I hugged him back the best I could.

I knew it was not a body that I had enveloped in my arms, but a pillow that simply held his scent.

I don't want to go back.

I want to stay here and sleep until one day I can be woken up by Taemin and his sweet voice.

So on that night, I slept next to Taemin.

-

Waking up, I had completely forgotten where I really was until I stepped on a good handful of shattered glass. Good thing I had been wearing my shoes when I had fallen asleep last night or else my foot would have been bleeding by now. I didn't really know whether everything was back to it's place or not, so I went to the living room to check. And just as I thought, everything was back again. Even though I had a good feeling who it was, I pretended to be clueless and simply cleaned the place again. I didn't want to be delusional, and I'm sure Taemin wouldn't want me to be this way either.

What was surprising was how the parts of the walls I had painted, and the new plates and glass cups were left untouched. Despite the other items which were back all over on the floor, nothing else seemed to be broken. I mean, the cabinets, the couch and the shattered glass was back, but the wall didn't have the knives stabbing it anymore. It was the exact part I had repainted which brought me to think. Is it because it was new?

Suddenly, at the back of my neck I heard a small whisper of 'No' being spoken. I gulped at the sound of it, turning around only to find there was no one.

I sped walked to the bathroom frantically and looked under the cabinets. I don't exactly know what I was trying to do, but figured out I had done that so it would seem like I didn't hear anything. So as naturally as I could, I cleaned the house up again. However, this time I collected the shards of one plate and put it together. I was lucky enough to have this particular one to only have big chunks instead of small ones spread out and about on the floor. I wanted to see what would happen if I had fixed it and left it alone for the night. Once I had finished doing that, about two hours had passed until suddenly it had fallen to the floor.

It was normal for it to fall since it was most likely doing the same thing it had always done before, but what wasn't was how it didn't break whatsoever. It was just there on the floor, cracked but still in one piece. I found myself completely fascinated. The plate was soon in my hand, and just to check the cracks, I touched the rough surface of the plate. Most definitely, it was still cracked. I tried to pull it apart, knowing that it should have split easily since I used clear tape to hold it together. But for some strange reason it felt as if it was sealed with stone. I even threw it on the floor, but the thing didn't even get chipped.

With this in mind, I hurriedly ran to one of the drawers which held the same knives as before. I returned to the living to the exact place of which the walls had been stabbed, and looked at it hard. Drawing my arm back, I braced myself as I put full strength when I swung it forward. And as if it wasn't already enough, I had felt even more confused when the tip of the knife only hit the wall. It didn't leave a dent. "What the hell.." The rest of the day  simply consisted of me trying to break other things that I first put back together. And like my other results, nothing happened.

Something was going on here. This wasn't possible at all. These things should have burst into pieces, but nothing like that occurred. Even when I did my best to break the items, my efforts became in vain. So I gave up after that, dressing up before packing up my things while all these other questions were inside of me. Am I delusional? Who was that yesterday? Have I finally just gone mad? There were too many times where I had had imaginations of him, but this was just too much. After this, I'm pretty sure I really will go crazy.

That night, I went back home feeling as if I was being watched the whole way.
____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

A/n: Annyeong my lovelies! Welp, this is weird ain't it now? Ehehe, just wondering, how many of you didn't expect this sequel to be a fantasy? I hope you guys like it though! When I had first written the one-shot, it was going to be a story like this, but I didn't know how exactly to make it lead up to what this sequel is now. SOOOOO, I made the one-shot, and put the original Idea I had into the sequel (: (I really really hope you guys don't hate this.) So far, I like how the story is ^.^ so if you don't, I'm so sorry it didn't come out how you expected it to be. I'll do my best to update before school starts, please be patient with me! Happy reading my lovelies, and don't forget to comment and subscribe to give some inspiration to this pabo c: