3. Mission: Accomplished!

The Mechanicians [Read Chapter 6]
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

[CONTENTID1]Chapter 3:[/CONTENTID1]

 [CONTENTID2]

Click.

The karabiner on his harness got hooked on the wire. He was now literary putting his life on the line.

“Well guys, don’t leave me hanging.”, he chuckled at his own joke.

“Hyung, you’re so lame. Don’t leave me hanging? Seriously now? Your jokes are ... just lame.”, Jongup complained.

“Thank goodness that he didn’t use the sentence ‘to put your life on the line’  because that would be absolutely lame.”, was the short response of the maknae who was as amused at the joke as his older teammate.

“NOOO!! YOU GUYS ARE LAME! I was only trying to lighten up the mood since you maknaes are way too serious!!”, the older one defended himself.

“Geez, Dae... Just get your job done please... Listening to your nonsense is giving me the biggest headache.”, another voice added.

“Young-“

“It’s Brain during missions!”

“Whatever! You’re a traitor! I thought at least my best friend would be on my side ... Tell me! How much must I have sinned in my past life to be punished like this now? Just how much?!”

“Drama queen.”, was the only reply accompanied by the sighs of the maknaes.

“What??? Me?! A drama queen??”

“Shut up for real now, you blabbermouth!”, an irritated Himchan butted in.

“Uhmm... guys? Base here.”, a soft voice interrupted the ongoing bickering, “We need to start now or else time is running out.”

“Mirae’s right.  Dae, you can go now.”, Youngjae instructed.

“Brain, did you make a copy of the data?”, a sudden nervous Mirae asked.

“Don’t worry, I don’t go out unprepared. I’ve all the required data, even the back-ups.”, Youngjae reassured her. “Dae?”

“Already in action!”, the latter responded and jumped over the railing of the building. “Don’t forget to stop the wire at the right height!”, he yelled at the maknaes.

“As if we would forget something like that.”, Zelo murmured, rolling his eyes.

As if on cue, the lights of the building went off one by one signalling the awaited closing time. The cable roll from which the wire unreeled came to an immediate stop as he pushed the button.

 

“Alright. 10 minutes.”, smirked Daehyun as he entered the building through the hole on the window he’d just made.

He immediately hooked himself off and glanced around the room. All the exhibits were placed on platforms without any further protection.

Hmpf. Confident rich pigs.

Trusting your damn security system more than the old-fashioned bullet-proof glass? Fools.

His gaze fell on the desired object, the highlight of the exhibition, exposed openly on the most pompous podium, he’s ever seen. It was placed in an extra side room whose entrance was protected by a laser system and watched by three security cameras in total, one at the entrance and two in the room itself. An unnoticed intrusion was impossible. Well, almost.

“Aww... How sweet. Protecting the main artefact with only laser and cameras? You guys must be reaaally confident. What happened with the good old bullet-proof glass?”

He smirked and glanced at the two plants, the delivery of Himchan and Bang this afternoon, which were positioned at the entrance of the room.

Hidden between the leaves were mirrors which, if positioned at the right angle, reflected the laser beam. It clears the path only for 10 minutes because after that time limit, the receiver will perceive the similarity of the beam it’s releasing and which it’s receiving. This leads to the self-tripping of the alarm. But that wouldn’t be his problem anymore since he’d be long out of this building.

He turned to his right, faced the camera with a confident look, flashed a teasing smile and waved before he finally entered the room to finish his part of the mission.

 

 

Two meters. Then turn left. After turning, seven more meters.

She crawled through the narrow and dark passage. The only source of light radiated from the little flashlight on her headband.

“Alright, five more. The second on the right, then three. Left and now it should be- BINGO!”.

She broke into a big smile.

Found it.

She checked her watch.

5 more minutes.

She was good in time.

 

 

Click. Bang.

The metallic arrow flew silently through the cold evening air, pulling with it a thin wire rope and hooked itself on the nearby tree. He locked the other end of the rope on the railing of the roof.

“Alright. Time to take our leave.”, Jongup smiled satisfied at his work, “Dae?”

“I’m down. You can start. I’ll go home first.”

Both boys at the roof immediately started packing all their utensils into the two waiting boxes and fixed them on the wire.

“Well, our delivery is also quite successful.”, Zelo chuckled and pushed them down one by one, “Can I go next?”

“As you wish. I’ll remove the door lock. See you at the bottom.”

The younger boy nodded and slid down the wire rope.

Jongup scanned the place one last time to check again that nothing got left b

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter