2. Mission: Start!

The Mechanicians [Read Chapter 6]
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

[CONTENTID1]Chapter 2: [/CONTENTID1]

[CONTENTID2]

As it has always been since the opening of the exhibition, the entrance hall was lively and noisy. The young female receptionist checked her watch, leaned back in her comfortable chair and sighed.

45 minutes until closing time.

 “I want to go home...”, she whined and received a small smile from her co-worker. “Well, it was kind of a busy day.”, was her only reply before she continued with her work on the computer.

She closed her eyes. “Kind of a busy day ... what an understatement.”, she thought while remembering the countless asks for directions from lost exhibition visitors, a forever ringing telephone, tons of emails to answer, numerous deliveries to be taken care of and grumpy old businessmen who were “absolutely sure. Check again!”. She opened her eyes and scanned the hall.

A group of mid-thirty old men in suits were seated on the sofas at the middle of the room. The janitor disappeared through the doors to the staircase. Visitors, in casual clothing or dressed up like for some fancy gala dinner, are either entering or leaving the building. Two delivery boys in greyish uniforms and caps with big packages entered the elevator.

Neither did she realise that the both of them didn’t presented themselves at the reception like how it is custom nor did she question as why the janitor would enter the staircase in a building with 40 floors instead of using the elevator, because something else caught her attention.

 

At that very moment, a van with the inscription “Sunnys Sunflowers - Make everyday a sunny day” with the image of a laughing sunflower beneath it, entered her field of vision.

Another delivery.                                                             

Two men in green uniforms and caps climbed out, pulled a trolley out of the back of their vehicle and placed some plants that look like shrubs for indoors – Plants all have some weird Latin name. How the hell is she supposed to know them all?! - on top of it.

Just great... Another delivery.

 “Welcome. How can I help you with?”, she flashed a fake smile. However that smile quickly froze and her eyes widened. She was completely in a daze. The charming voice brought her back to reality.

“Excuse me. On which floor is the exhibition of Mr. Do? We have a delivery.”, the man gestured to the other one waiting some steps behind him with the trolley.

“Y-Yes. Ehm... R-Right the exhibition. O-On the 35th floor. Uhmm... The elevator is right there.”, she managed to stutter and pointed to the elevators across the hall.

“Thanks. Please sign here.”, he gave her wit

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter