Goodbye, Annyeong.

Perfect Imperfection

Goodbye, Annyeong •

"Goodbye, Park Jiah"

- Do Kyungsoo


It's been a year since he left.

He left for the surgery. My parents knew about my relationship with Do Kyungsoo, they talked to Kyungsoo's parents before  setting of to U.S. It was nice to hear that my parents were much supportive of us both, even about marriage. I blushed when they mentioned that, it would be nice and I would be grateful to have Do Kyungsoo as my husband.

I had to stay in Korea for my final year exams, which was sad that I couldn't be with Kyungsoo overseas. I was hoping for it after the exams, but nope, it would risk his life more. I really don't want him to suffer anymore.

I rested my head on the table, thinking about the last times I had with Kyungsoo.

It was a day before his flight.

 

"Come back safely, Kyungsoo." I sniffed as i held his hand tight, sitting beside him as he lay on the hospital bed.

"I told you, I won't live long. Wouldn't this surgery be wasted?" He said, softly.

"I believe not, if me and you believe in ourselves, that you could pull it through." I said, accidentally swallowed my tears.

"I know, but this surgery is risky, didn't the doctor told you?" He put another hand on top of my hand, giving assurance.

"Risky, but hope?" I questioned.

"Hope, wouldn't change a thing, sweetheart." He smiled.

I  cried more as he said that. I held his hand more tightly and softly cried. He took his right hand and patted my head, softly as he could.

"Why? Don't cry," He whispered through my ear, calming me down, a bit.

"I want you to say that to me more..." I rub off my tears.

"Which one? Don't cry? Sweetheart?" he asked.

"That one," I sniffed.

"Sweetheart?" he said. I nodded my head.

"You're so cute, sweetheart." he spoke again.

"This is why... I want you to come back healthy as a baby, Kyungsoo" I said.

"Alright, I will, okay? Don't cry anymore, I love you, sweetheart." He said.

"I love you too, so much."

And that night, I stayed with him till the next day.

 

I couldn't see him the next day, when I woke up, I realised that I was on a couch in Kyungsoo's room, but I realised again, that I sat on a chair sleeping beside Kyungsoo last night. I turned my head and saw Kyungsoo's bed empty. I approached Kyungsoo's bed and there was a note. For me.

 

Dear Sweetheart,

When you see this letter, it means I have to go. But, I, Do Kyungsoo has a confession to make.

You didn't hear me confessed to you directly, but instead that Kris guy who told you. Now, I'm going to say it. I like you. The first time you approached me, I wasn't really interested into making friends with you. I thought you were just the same as everybody else. Ignorant and rude. But I was wrong. Deeply wronged. Instead of becaming friends with you, I wanted more than that.

Everyday, having a conversation with you was like heaven. Every conversation of us, were precious to me. You may not know, because I was only showing my poker face but deep down inside my heart, it is smiling widely. You were just my only friend, and I was hyped by that. Every single day I would gain more and more happiness to cover up the empty holes in my life.

My parents, well, they are my aunty and uncle, noticed differene of me day by day after I met you. I started to smile more, talk more, and they were delightful of that. Because they knew you are the one that made my heart, from a black dark soul, into a colourful and meaningful life. When one day, I knew that I am really falling in love with you, but I was still doubtful. 

Until Kris came and questioned me before I fell into the hands of his tricks, I started to  believe in what I thought. That I love you, very much. He made me realised and made me unlock my doubts. Seeing you were injured by Kris and his gang, I felt more hurt. It just stings inside my heart. The pain is just uncontrollable. But I can't move. I can't save you.

Thank you for everything. I love you more for appreciating what I am.

Love,

Do Kyungsoo.

 

I am at the second year, in college. And I am still thinking of him. Whether he succeed on his surgery or not. I hope he did. Hope, doesn't change everything sweetheart. A voice said.

No. Please.

But there wasn't a news of him at all. My phone rang.

"Hello?" I said.

"Jiah, Mum here. He's back Jiah."

"Kyungsoo?"

"He's back... with his coffin."

 

 

I read his letter again. And there it was, I didn't see it the first time I read it. Right below the end of the paper, it goes,

p.s  If we don't meet on earth, I'm sure we'll meet in heaven. And I'll love you more than ever.

 

All I knew is that he succeed his surgery and for the whole year, he was having therapy on how to walk back on his feet. His mum demanded to call me up, but he insisted in keeping it a secret. He said, he wanted to make me surprised to see him again, alive. His parents followed his plan. He got the therapy until he was fully recovered.

One day, he said he was ready to go back to Korea and he said he would be going back to Korea the next week but a day before the flight, Kyungsoo had a sudden death. They said he died in his sleep. When got inspected it looks like his leg muscles were tensed up and made his spine paralysed, leading to brain dead.

He was safely buried in Korea, as I stood in front of his grave. Both knees touched the ground, I touched his grave and lightly carressed it. 

I will meet you in heaven, Kyungsoo. I love you.



 

Author's Note will be on the next chapter.