Survive

Perfect Imperfection

 

• SURVIVE •

"I'm begging you, please don't leave me"

-Park Jiah



“No, it was really fun, right, Kyungsoo?” Kris walked towards Kyungsoo and Jiah moved back from Kris, being aware. Kyungsoo didn’t answer him and kept silent.

“We even discovered answers.” Kris said.

“What answers?” Jiah frown.

“He likes you.” Kris spat.

Jiah looked at him and looked at Kris back again. “What’s wrong with that?!”

“Nothing wrong with that,“ Kris shrugged. “It’s just that I HATE YOU BEING PROTECTIVE AROUND HIM!”Kris growled making Jiah stepped back.

“I heard what you said about us last time in this garden. Remember when you eat with this bum and you talked back to me, saying that I can’t look on others? I felt humiliated. My pride just went down to zero. And I knew you took him to the school garden, I followed you and I heard your conversation.”

Jiah kept quiet, but alarmed.

“But you deserve it anyway.” Jiah spoke.

He continued, “Shut up! Now, you said you wanted to protect him from us right? Now it’s the time, it’s time for you to protect him. I want to see how you would protect him.”

Jiah kept mum but her stare between her and Kris isn’t over yet.

“I know you can’t do it. You can’t protect him. You, yourself, are a girl.” Kris smirks. “You’re weak.”

You’re weak.

Weak.

Looking back at Kris and his gang, it is obvious that Jiah couldn’t beat the out of them. They’re tall, and some of them have muscles. And she’s small; her strength couldn’t beat even half of each guy. She probably be sent flying off somewhere if she try to attack.

Jiah gulped her saliva and close her eyes for a few seconds. She gritted her teeth and clenched her fists tightly, trying to control her anger.

“Mad? Come, fight us.”

No, no, I can’t. She thought. But she has help Kyungsoo somehow. How is she going to fight back against them?

“Fine.” She breathe in. “What do you want me to do?”

“Easy. Just watch us torture him.”

“What? Y-you expect me to do that?!”

“Yes. You don’t even need to move a muscle.”

“No! I won’t. Ever.,”

Kris pulled Kyungsoo’s hair to the back making him yelp in pain. Jiah gasped in shock. Her legs tremble and her fists were tightly together. “You won’t? You won’t do it? But you’re doing it now.”

“Let him go, please!” Jiah plead.

Kris let go of his hair harshly which made his head moved to the front violently. She could see Kyungsoo gasping for air and he tried to shake his head.

“For your information, we inject some ‘medicine’ so that’s why he’s being like that. Half conscious.” Kris clicked his tongue.

Jiah kept mum but her actions showed her the ‘unexpected’ face that is all over her face. Medicine. It’s a drug.

“Drug, isn’t it?” she stammered at her own words, possibly hoping that it wasn’t.

“You can say that again.” He laughed.

Jiah couldn’t hold back her anger and sprang right towards Kris planning to give him a punch on his face but right before she step another close to Kris, two of his allies blocked Jiah away from him, picked her up and threw her down on the wet ground. Jiah let out a small scream as she felt pain on her .

“Oops, you’re down. 0-1.”

“For god’s sake let Kyungsoo go.” Jiah growled, but tremble in her voice could be recognised. She stood up, looking back at Kris. “You won’t gain anything good, to be honest. All you do is to hurt people, does that make you feel good?”

Jiah looked at Kris be he didn’t even move.

She continued, “Look, why are you doing this seriously? You, hurting people, don’t you care about other people? His parents,” Jiah pointed towards Kyungsoo, “… what would they feel?”

“I don’t know whether it’s in your blood, to be a bully, but I know you can change. What would your parents think when they know that you’re a bully in school, making other people’s lives miserable. What would they think when they found out --,”

“Don’t include my parents inside!” Kris screamed, making others jumped on the spot.

“I see,” Jiah tapped on her chin, “Parents huh.”

Kris stormed towards Jiah and grabbed her by the collar. He whispered right on her left ear looking straight into her eyes, Jiah could see a bit of tears forming. “Don’t you ever say that word. Again.”

Kris pushed her to the ground and her back slammed into a pole.

“Kris, stop this already,” Jiah pleaded as she tried to talk while holding in her pain.

She could see Kris walking back to him normal spot and going back to Kyungsoo, untying the knot he made angrily, as if he didn’t want to let Kyungsoo go. Jiah sighed in relief when she thought that Kris was unwillingly wanted to let Kyungsoo go, but he did. She tapped her chest slowly and breathes in and out.

Her heart broke when suddenly Kris let out a scream and in front of her, Kris was using all his energy and pushed Kyungsoo’s wheelchair down a hill.

Jiah’s mouth was gaped open as she witness Kyungsoo rolled down the hill, and stopped when his body hit the metal railings. Jiah screamed Kyungsoo’s name hysterically as she ran towards Kyungsoo, with another stream of tears.

As soon as she got beside him, she could her Kyungsoo screaming in pain while holding his feet. His face was so red and he was sweating profusely. Jiah cried in front of Kyungsoo as his scream rapidly decreased and he was silent after a while.

Jiah opened her eyes and crawled towards Kyungsoo, grabbing his shirt and shaking his body, asking him to reply her. But nothing… Kyungsoo stayed silent, his eyes were close. Jiah frantically called out his name and she could once again feel the surge of anger rose inside of her. She turned around to find Kris and his gang, but they fled away.

“KRIS! YOU BASTARD!” She let out a long, loud piercing cry expressing her strong emotions fighting inside her, rage and despair. She kept punching the ground letting out her anger, making the ground as the punching bag instead of Kris.

She could easily let out a stream of blood of tears if she carries on.

“Kyungsoo-ah, ireona… Kyungsoo-ah, don’t leave me here alone, p-please…” she tugged his hand.

She gave up and laid her head onto Kyungsoo’s chest, crying out loud. After a few seconds, she sat back up and quickly dialled the hospital for emergency.

Inside the ambulance on the way to the hospital, Jiah prayed to god that everything will be alright, while tugging his hand to her chest. Since there were lights in the ambulance, she could see Kyungsoo’s face full of scratches and dry blood at the corner of his mouth. A bruise appeared at his right cheek too. The paramedic kept on checking his pulse rate and vital signs.

His leg was casted and Jiah patted his leg slowly as she continued to pray for his safety.

Suddenly, Jiah felt Kyungsoo’s fingers which are on her hand moved. She looked right towards his fingers to confirm whether his fingers were really moving and shot her head right up to Kyungsoo’s face. She could see his eyes slowly open and he murmured something.

“Ji… ah” the crack in his voice had Jiah focused on him.

“Yes, it’s me, Kyungsoo, do you hear me?” her worried voice echoed in the ambulance.

“A-are… you… o-ok?” he asked. Eyes half closed.

Jiah nodded her head vigorously; her eyes showed a spark of sadness, “Yes, yes, I am perfectly fine. Don’t worry about me, you and your leg, is the priority now…”

“You know…” he spoke, “Kris told you… that… I --,”

Jiah understood what he meant and cut him off, “Yes I know and please, don’t talk about this yet, you need energy, please, rest.”

“I --,”

“I know, I know, we’ll talk about this later okay, I promise.” Jiah rest assured him

“I don’t think I have much time…” he said.

Jiah widened her eyes, “What? No, no, don’t say those words; no you’ll be fine in no time, no please don’t say…” she started to cry.

“I really don’t know…”

“No, please. I think you’re sick that’s why you’re talking nonsense, please. You’ll be fine –,”

“I… I --,”

Silence.

Jiah looked up and see Kyungsoo’s eyes were back close, panic start to arise, “Kyungsoo? Kyungsoo talk to me!”

“We’re here!” the paramedics said and quickly escorted Kyungsoo into the emergency room, Jiah running together with them and one of the paramedics stopped her from entering the room, she sat down on one of the chairs, and sobbed as softly as she can.

 

--

“Park Jiah!” Kyungsoo’s parents ran towards Jiah’s direction and Jiah stood up and hugged his mother while crying again. She had called Kyungsoo’s parents and hurriedly went to the hospital.

“What happened, Jiah?” her mum calmly spoke.

Jiah shook her head vigorously and cried, “No…no…”

“What is it my dear? Please don’t cry, talk.” His mother calmed her down.

“Someone bullied him… and something happened, I told him I want to protect him… but… look what happened… I failed.” She sobbed.

She continued, “And in the ambulance, Kyungsoo said… he… didn’t have much time left. This can’t be true, right?”

His mum hugged her tight.

 “Let’s see what the doctor has to say…”  his father said.

As Jiah cried in her arms of Kyungsoo’s mum, Kyungsoo’s parents looked at each other and sighed and both shed a tear.

“It looks like it’s time…” his father whispered.



 

 

Author: Hello readers, today we have a guest, and it's the characters of this story!!!

Kyungsoo: Ahem, ahem! Err, hello!

Park Jiah: Helloooo readerrrrs!!

Author: So, um, we have special guests today and they will be here until the end of the story. So are you all happy?

Kyungsoo and Park Jiah: Yeayyyyy!

Author: So it looks like my readers are happy.

Kyungsoo: No, it doesn't look like it. I'm dying inside the story, authornim what are you talking about? *sulks*

Author: Well, I didn't mean too... Hey I'm sorry!

Kyungsoo: Just joking hahah.

Author: Go ahead and talk.

Kyungsoo: Are you sulking right now?

Author: *got up from the seat*

Kyungsoo: Yah! 

Author: DO IT!

Kyungsoo: So hi.... My next appearance after the movie 'Cart' and I'm a story, I am very grateful to be inside this story with a powerful role as the person using the wheelchair. Authornim thinks that this is another great idea of hers to make the main character which is me to be more unique and interesting instead of being the rich and snobbish characters.

Park Jiah: *nods*

Kyungsoo: Do you have anything to say?

Park Jiah: Yes, but you talk first.

Kyungsoo: So, I hope readers would continue and enjoy the story till the end!

Park Jiah: um, so it's my turn? Uhm, for me, I am grateful to be in this story with an EXO member who is really talented in acting...

Kyungsoo: *grins*

Park Jiah: ... and he is really good in potraying and show out the character. It was really fun all the way and I've learnt new things.

Kyungsoo: Authornim wants all the silent readers to at least comment so that it would be lively and not as if she is writing for herself, so please subscribe and upvote along the way.

Park Jiah: So, that's all for today.

Kyungsoo , Park Jiah: Byeeeee~~~

Kyungsoo: Saranghaeyo, EXO-Ls <3