Being A Friend

Perfect Imperfection

Being A Friend • 

"Please go away--" 

 

- Do Kyungsoo



Jiah kept looking at Kyungsoo who was sitting behind in a corner alone, every few minutes during lesson time. Kyungsoo noticed that Jiah kept looking at him. He rolled his eyes and ignored her. What’s with this girl… psht…

The bell rang and it was lunchtime. Jiah packed her books and put it inside her bag and prepare for the next lesson. Meanwhile Kyungsoo looked at her for a few times and went towards her table. He wasn’t happy that she kept staring at her for like the whole time.

“Yah –“ Kyungsoo said in a monotone.

“Huh?” Jiah turned around, surprised to see Kyungsoo who was the one who talked to her first. Kyungsoo on the other hand, got captivated when she turned her head. He got taken aback, gulped his saliva. He was thinking of giving her some good scolding but it seems like the courage just disappeared.

“Keep your eyes to yourself next time.” He said it and went passed her.

Jiah, looked at him for moment to processed what he had said before she realised that he saw what she did all this time.

“Wait.” She called out to Kyungsoo who was about 2 metres away from him.

Goodness, there were no other classmates left except for them. If not, he would have not stopped and leave her alone, just like some cold person. And so, he turned his head a bit, giving her a sign that he was listening to her.

“Do- do you want to have lunch with me?” she said.

He turned around, shocked, looking at her.

--=--

Kyungsoo was at the vending machine, choosing the drink that he wanted. He inserted a $2 bill into the machine and tried to press the button but he was not out to reach. Suddenly a finger helped him pressed the button and there goes out the lemon tea bottle. She went down and picked up the bottle and gave it to him.

“Your favourite?” Jiah asked him.

“H-huh?” he regained his daydream. Well, he didn’t know, like everything just stopped when he looked at her, ever since the classroom incident. Kyungsoo slapped mentally.

“Lemon tea. Your favourite drink?” Jiah asked again while pointing at the bottle Kyungsoo was holding.

Kyungsoo looked at the bottle again. “Yeah.”

“Ah… “Jiah walked towards the machine and pressed the buttons. “I like peach tea… Because the cover of the bottle is pink.”

Kyungsoo let out a smirk. “Peach tea? Hah, what do I ever do knowing your favourite drink? And what’s with the reasoning? Because it’s pink? Tch, so childish.”

Jiah let out a smile since he’s talking to her. She picked her bottle up. “Pink is my favourite colour, excuse me.”

“So?” Kyungsoo asked.

Jiah rolled her eyes. “Well… can you don’t ask me so many questions?”

“You are the one who started the conversation, not my fault.” Kyungsoo sneered at her.

“Yeah and you actually entertained Me.” she said. Kyungsoo fliched when she said that. Whoops.

“Do you need my help holding that bottle?” Jiah asked.

“What?” Kyungsoo said, annoyed.

“I mean – you’re going to use your hands to move the wheelchair, your bottle might drop.” She explained.

Kyungsoo glanced at her from top to bottom before giving a sigh. “Sure… Thanks”. He handed her the bottle.

“Welcome, that’s a first for saying thank you.” She said.

Geez, that girl.

Both of them sat at the same table since he agreed to eat lunch with her. Silence between them entertained them; the noise from the canteen fills up the atmosphere. For some moments their eyes met each other and they turned their eyes away from each other. Both of them watched how each other eat.

These weird people -  (author)

“So…” Jiah said. “… I see you getting bullied every day?”

Kyungsoo flinched a bit. “Can we don’t talk about this.”

“Uhh… sure” Jiah scratched her head. “Speaking about the devil though…” her eyes looked towards one direction to one group of people.

“Oh, wow what do we have here?” Kris said. “Yah – we’ve been finding you, and you were here the whole time?” he patted Kyungsoo’s shoulder, a bit harshly.

Kris’s eyebrow was raised when he saw a girl who was eating with Kyungsoo in front of him. “Oh… it seems there was another person here.”

Pscht… how dare he. Does he think I’m invincible?

Jiah forced her smile while looking at him.

“Who?” Kris asked. “Your girlfriend? Yah… I didn’t know you could get a girlfriend with your stupid disability!” Kris and his minions behind him laughed.

Jiah could see Kyungsoo’s hands gripped onto his utensils and it is even shaking. “She’s not my girlfriend.” He gritted his teeth.

“You…” Kris said to Jiah. “You’re too good for him. I feel sorry for you. Feel so sorry for having a boyfriend like him that is just gonna make you suffer.”

Kyungsoo held his utensils more tightly. Jiah can feel herself burning in anger. How dare he say that?!

“Sh- she’s isn’t my girlfriend…” He spoke again.

“Yah… I wonder how your date would be… more like entertaining his leg rather than a date!” he laughed.

“You’re in no position to look down on other, Kris Wu Duizhang.” Jiah said while holding in her anger from bursting out. He let out a death glare on him and it startled Kris more.

“Let’s go Kyungsoo, we don’t need to hear a single alphabet from his filthy mouth.” Jiah said and pushed his wheelchair out of the canteen.

For the first time, someone helped to push his wheelchair in school. His anger that was boiling was vanished. Right now he felt, calm. He felt… thankful.

Right now, Jiah is murmuring some words, probably some swear words that she wanted to say to Kris but she didn’t want to because she doesn’t want anything to go worse. She pushed his wheelchair to the school garden and took a seat on a bench. She let out a big sigh after that.

“I—I can’t take this. Don’t you want to tell a teacher about this?” she looked at me.

“No.” Kyungsoo looked away.

“Why? Teachers could help—“

“—cause they don’t give a about anything.” He spat.

“What?”

“They don’t care, that’s what I’m saying.” He rolled his eyes.

Jiah sighed before looking back at him. “The teachers can’t do anything?”

“No, those bullies are born with gold around them. They can ask their parents to fire the teachers anytime.” Kyungsoo stated. “That’s why I’m saying, bear with it.”

“No other methods?”

“No. Let them be, it’s not like I’m the only person they bully in this school. There are more.” Kyungsoo said.

“You know what? I’m going to protect you from them—“

“But—“Kyungsoo said

“—and that’s final.” Jiah stated her war.