CHAPTER 8

Brothers
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

8.   Thunder

 

 

 

Luhan:: 9 years old

Sehun:: 5 years old

 

"Hyung."

 

Luhan tore his attention away from the rattling leaves outside the window upon hearing his name. Sehun was standing next to Luhan's bed, his fingers fidgetting with the hem of his ruffly pajama. He was visibly shaking even in the dark.

 

Luhan the night light and saw glimmers of tear on his younger brother's cheeks. "Sehunnie? What's wrong?"

 

"Can I come sleep with you, hyung?" Sehun sniffed.

 

Luhan was just about to anwer the request when the whole room was suddely showered in an eerie flash. And in that short instant, he noticed the way fright took over the five-year-old's eyes. He then quickly shifted closer to the window to make more room and gestured for the weeping boy to climb into the bed.

 

Hardly had Sehun lain down when a loud boom shook the entire house and sent the windowpane crackling. The small boy couldn't help but let out a tiny whimper.

 

Luhan patted Sehun on the head and pulled him into an embrace. "Shh- it's alright, Sehunnie."

 

It had come to the time of year when lightnings and thunders made their often appearances. And just like most five-year-old kids, little Sehun was unable to fight the fear for the scary weather. He was prone to burst into tears when lightning and thunder struck, and this night was no exception.

 

"It's okay, Hunnie." Luhan ruffled the younger's hair, "Hyung's here with you."

 

Sehun nuzzled closer into Luhan's chest and his fists gripped tightly onto his older brother's pajama. He liked the positioin they were in, with Luhan holding him and blocking out the sounds outside the window for him.

 

His lips turned slightly upwards despite he was still shook from the previous shock.

 

"Hey, don't be afraid." Luhan whispered. He thought the fact that Sehun had managed to walk himself to his bed was already a brave move, and now he wanted nothing but to protect his little brother.

 

"The sounds are scary. I don't like them." Sehun mumbled.

 

Luhan worked his mind quickly. "The lightning and the thunder are just singing."

 

"But they don't sing well!"

 

"Uh- Yeah, but they didn't mean to scare you."

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter