VII. The Melancholy of Kim Sunggyu

Part of the Family
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

^ complete and utter relevance ^

warning: we basically doused this in crack.

so, in celebration of infinite h's new mv/song/album/yadong's second anniversary, we thought we should update the fic again. this time, with sunggyu being the victim of teasing instead of hoya! :D
we hope you enjoy this short chapter! c:

 

 

“Wow, Sunggyu. His name and his address?” Without having to look up, Sunggyu knows Howon has that hideous smirk on his face and his ugly, bushy eyebrows are probably wiggling distastefully in his direction, “You sure do work fast.”

 

“Lee Howon, I swear, I will kick you out of my office if you keep this up,” Sunggyu grumbles, trying his hardest to mold into his desk—because, if he tries hard enough, he can probably do it. He won't have to live a life as an embarrassing human being anymore.

 

“And you even spent the night,” his voice is so annoying, “Was it good for you?”

 

“We didn't do anything!!” Sunggyu cries, and maybe sobs, his head rolling between his arms and his face smashing onto his keyboard. “I was drunk. He let me stay at his place, for the night, because he knew me from my son—that's it! Nothing else! I hate you, Howon!”

 

“So, what now?”

 

Sunggyu whimpers and risks looking up, “What?”

 

“I meant, you know...” Sunggyu can see it in his stupid little face that Howon is dancing around a subject that Sunggyu would rather not hear. But that's the thing about Lee Howon; he doesn't care what other people want. “Are you going to ask him to hang out, or are you going to ask him for a date? Or are you just going to show up at his place, dressed in the kinkiest outfit you can find, and go come and get me?”

 

“Oh. My. God. I wasn't this bad when I was doing it!”

 

“I have my own style. I thought you knew that.”

 

Sunggyu bangs his head against his desk, not worried about how a pink mark is making its way onto his forehead. Then he stops, his arms closing in on either side of him, and he mumbles, “Isn't this the part where you tell me to go to work?”

 

“This is also the part where you don't heed my words,” Howon shrugs, “It's only fair that I do what you usually do.”

 

“Ugh,” Sunggyu bangs his head even more.

 

“Don't you just hate yourself, right now?” Howon snickers like the evil little bastard that he is. He circles Sunggyu like a shark with its prey, except Howon plans to do worse than just eat Sunggyu. No, he plans to humiliate him until he dies on his desk. “I mean... If you had just left me alone...”

 

“I'm so sorry,” Sunggyu says, this time sincerely, looking up at his friend and colleague like he could be his savior if he decided not to be disagreeable for once, “I'm so sorry I ever did that to you.”

 

“I'm not sorry about this, though,” Howon grins. “I'm having way too much fun to be apologetic.”

 

Karma did more than just bite him on the . No, Karma decided to bring his friends over to beat him up and then throw him down a cliff—and fall into the arms of Lee Howon. Whoever said karma was a wasn't lying. But they were underestimating it.

 

 

Howon's finishing up his work for the day. He's drinking the last of his cold coffee, he's putting away case files in their proper folders and boxes, and he's checking up on his schedule for the rest of the week. Howon's about ready to set everything down, what with him being close to finished and all, but then he notices it.

 

Notices the copper hair and hideous face at his doorway.

 

“Didn't think you'd actually come to me for more,” Howon says monotonously, downing the rest of his coffee and nodding at Sunggyu to come in. If he dared. “I thought you had enough humiliation for one day... I guess I was wrong.”

 

“I didn't come here for that, you stupid gorilla,” Sunggyu stomps his foot like a child, and Howon would've scolded him had it not been for the fact that he had the best day of his life. “I'm here to ask you for a favour...”

 

“I'm not taking care of Myungsoo just so you could have a booty call.”

 

“What? No!” Sunggyu screeches desperately, “Why would you— Howon! You filth!”

 

Howon chuckles to himself, and it's obvious that he's proud of himself for that. Looking at him, Sunggyu feels sorry for Howon's boys. Sungyeol and Sungjong would never grow up correctly under the care of this man.

 

“Can I ask you for that favour, or are you going to crack another unfunny joke?” Sunggyu puts his hands on his hips.

 

“You know, you're going to have to face your one night stand, sooner or later,” Howon whistles.

 

“It wasn't a one night stand!”

 

“More to come, huh?”

 

“LEE HOWON!!”

 

“Okay. I'm done.” Sunggyu sighs in relief. Howon just looks up at him with a cocked brow and his hands clasped together—he looks like one of those evil mafia bosses sitting on his wide chair, and suddenly Sunggyu feels like he could be making a deal with a criminal. No matter. He'd rather save his right now that worry about that, “What kind of favour are you asking for?”

 

Sunggyu fumbles a bit.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter