II. Cold Coffee

Part of the Family
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

^ face relevant ^

It's that time of the week again: the update/new chapter day. This one's Hoya-focus, once more! Mostly Hoya-focus, anyway. Also some Sunggyu and Dongwoo and Hoya's little baby boys haha. A little story progression, and also the next chapter update should have a glimpse of Woohyun. And Myungsoo. I can't say much else other than that. That's for next week. Possibly.

We would also like to thank the people who have subscribed, commented and upvoted the fic! It means a whole lot, and it encourages us to write faster and better. 

Enjoy this chapter, and please leave a comment! Upvotes aren't necessary but they're very much appreciated!! ^^

 

It's a little strange to admit, but Howon looks forward to sending his sons to school.

 

Not that he doesn't want to spend time with his kids—his boys are his pride and joy, and he'd happily give up everything to spend every minute of his life around them—but he gets the benefit of seeing Sungjong's teacher every time he sends the boys to their schools. The very same teacher with pink hair, bright eyes and the gorgeous smile.

 

So far, Howon hadn't the chance to say anything to the man other than the simple greetings of "Hi," "Hello," and "Good Morning." He also only knows him by the nickname Sungjong had given him. It's a little embarrassing, really.

 

But he doesn't know how to ask for his name.

 

"Appa, Jongie kicked me!" Sungyeol whines behind him.

 

"Did not!" Sungjong cries.

 

"Did too!"

 

Maybe he should ask another teacher. Or maybe one of the parents, considering that the man seemed friendly with the other parents. Or Howon can just go straight to the teacher and ask for it directly. But he couldn't possibly do that. Asking for his name directly from him sounds more complicated than asking somebody else.

 

He doesn't know why he wants to know his name so badly. It feels like it would benefit him in some way, but it probably wouldn't. Howon's confused, and achingly curious, and the only thing that would ease him is the teacher's name. As strange as it was.

 

"Appa!! Jongie stuck his tongue out at me, and it's gross!" Sungyeol yells.

 

"I didn't!" Sungjong screeches. "Yeol-hyung did it!"

 

Not that he should be stressing about this, because he has no reason to be. Howon's curious because he just wants to put a name on that face. He also wants to be able to properly thank him for taking care of Sungjong, without having to use the silly nickname. There are absolutely no ulterior motives.

 

"Hyung made a crow noise!" Sungjong squeals excitedly.

 

"Oh, Jongie, look! Watch this!" Sungyeol says and pulls a presumably ridiculous face. Loud and joyous laughter echoes behind Howon.

 

Sungjong probably knows his teacher's name. He definitely does. But, as it's been for a long time, if he comes up with a nickname then he insists that that's what the person's called. It would be difficult to extract that piece of information from his son.

 

Howon doesn't know. Maybe he should stop thinking too much about it. He's content enough to be able to see his sons happy, and that such a nice person is taking care of and teaching his little angel. Howon can thank him without knowing his name. It's fine.

 

"Aww, do you have to go, hyung?" Sungjong frowns when Sungyeol undoes his seatbelt and makes a move to get out of the car. They're at the front of Sungyeol's school, a few short blocks away from Sungjong's own, and Howon hadn't even noticed how quickly they had gotten there.

 

"We can play again after school, okay? I'll let you use my toy car. The one with all the buttons," Sungyeol holds his little finger out to Sungjong. His younger brother locks it with his own, for a few seconds, then he lets go and waves at Sungyeol.

 

"Have a good day at school," Howon smiles at Sungyeol through a mirror, and Sungyeol just beams back at him. There's that look of mischief again...

 

"I always do, Appa!" Sungyeol says before shutting the car door and running into the school building.

 

As Howon drives over to Sungjong's school, the little boy sings something over the noise of the radio. It's an amusing little tune, a song about food that he had no doubt learned from his teacher, and it makes Howon's heart melt in his chest. The boy is just so adorable.

 

Sungjong stops singing when the familiar building comes into sight. He jumps in his seat and giggles to himself. There's a small chant of "almost there" coming from behind Howon, and it's cute how excited Sungjong is. As opposed to what kids usually feel when they go to school.

 

When they're there, Sungjong cheers.

 

 

 

 

"Good Morning, Teacher Jang!" One of the parents greets him with a small smile and a polite bow. Dongwoo returns the favour and replies to the greeting with his own. That very woman, the mother of a little girl named Jiwoo, gives him another smile before letting her daughter run past him and into the classroom.

 

"Children, no running! We don't want any accidents happening, do we?" Dongwoo pouts at the kids who ran into the classroom. They look at him with guilty expressions and, altogether, apologized. Dongwoo drops the frown and gives them a thumbs up, as well as an adoring praise.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter