XIX. The Proposal

Part of the Family
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

^ WE'RE BACK, ES [TOTALLY RELEVANT] ^

warning(s): a punch to the face. like a huge punch in the face. you know we back and so is the crack. mmmmmm.

A DUCK WE'RE BACK, BABY. (oh god) more mediocre than ever! (oh god) and with a punch to your nards! (ahhh....) We're both very aware that we haven't been active for three months and that's mainly because we have done things. Things that are wildly irrelevant (brain sister is an mmo player. writer sister is a roleplayer and is playing sungyeol tbh) and other things, but hey. Let's not dig into other people's personal lives. ;) anyway! here's an update. we're working on both fics right now and maybe something else?? idk don't get your hopes up. ;u; please. don't.

OH. ALSO. big shout-out to crzycindyy! thanks for checking in on us to see if we're alive or not. uwu

 

Woohyun had watched the two children from afar and, somehow, he felt cheated.

Since the failed date that went on three weeks ago—three miserable weeks that Woohyun spent wallowing in shame and sadness, really, and Kibum is the only other person who knows his pain—Sungyeol and Myungsoo have become the closest friends. It's hard to believe the two have become more inseparable than they already were. But they are, and it's getting on Woohyun's nerves.

The two have almost completely shut their other friends out of their lives. Woohyun had seen Sungyeol quickly shoot Joon and Wooyoung down when they suggested playing playground ninjas together. Woohyun had seen Myungsoo, kind and sweet little Kim Myungsoo, practically snarl at other kids who tried to go up to him or Sungyeol. And the older brat isn't any better; Woohyun had seen Sungyeol scream and throw his own shoes at a boy who tried to ask Myungsoo to play with him on the swing set. And all those things happened in just one day. Imagine three weeks worth of that behavior. It had become quite puzzling.

Woohyun sighs.

That's not all, though. When the two were in class, his class anyway, Woohyun could see them giggling together and scribbling on each other's notebooks and papers. They're a smiley pair of friends and, though Woohyun's happy that the boys are so close, he feels like Sungyeol has stolen his life. He would be smiling, giggling, playing and holding hands with one Kim Sunggyu if Sungyeol hadn't sabotaged him. But no. Those things just happened to Sungyeol and Myungsoo. It's not fair at all.

“Are we seriously still sulking over the date?”

“Yes, Kibum, now shut up and let me have my moment.”

“Pfft, fine, geez, I was just asking. But pass me the tub of ice cream. It's my turn to stuff my face.”

Woohyun sighs. Again.

What would have happened if Sungyeol and Myungsoo didn't show up, that day? What if Woohyun had locked Kibum in the bathroom while he was putting his make up on? Ah, Woohyun would have had the best date. He was sure of it. He would have had Kim Sunggyu all alone with him. He would have taken Sunggyu to the diner by himself, he would have given him the roses without being judged on his choice of bouquet. Maybe Sunggyu would have blushed? Woohyun thinks he would look cute with pink cheeks and a smile on his face.

He would have taken Sunggyu shopping. Never mind Woohyun's cheap tendencies, he would have bought the whole mall for the pretty man. Or at least a shirt than fit him well, or stylish rubber shoes. Maybe even a cute bracelet. Maybe Sunggyu would wear whatever Woohyun would buy him. Woohyun imagined the older man looking cute in just about anything. He at least hopes that Sunggyu would wear the blazer he had bought for him and not the bracelet Kibum got him.

And the amusement park? Oh, that would have been a blast.

Woohyun closes his eyes and imagines them going there. He would lead them both to fun rides. They could have gone on the roller coaster and screamed their loudest. He could have brought Sunggyu to the horror ride and held his hand. They could have gone go-karting, bumping each other and chasing each other around the platform. After that, Woohyun would have got them started on arcade games.

There's absolutely no doubt in his mind: Woohyun would have won him two or three stuffed toys, all of which he would ask Sunggyu to name after him and put around his bed to remember him by. Maybe Sunggyu would have liked that. Maybe Sunggyu would have held them close to his chest while giving Woohyun a dazzling smile.

“Woohyun-ah, you're so cute~ Of course I'll keep them by me, you silly~ And whenever I look at them, I'll think of you!” Sunggyu would say bashfully.

Ah... That's great...

After that, Woohyun would have taken him to go on the Ferris wheel. They would have one pod for themselves and they would first sit across from each other. Maybe Sunggyu would ask him to come sit with him instead, and they would. As they roll up and down slowly and steadily, Woohyun would hold onto one of Sunggyu's beautiful hands and Sunggyu would have a tight grip on him. Was Mr. Kim afraid of heights? Woohyun didn't know, but he would like it if the man at least held him if they were to ride the wheel.

Maybe Woohyun could have pulled some smooth moves. He could have pressed a kiss on Sunggyu's cheek or something. He would do whatever to make Sunggyu blush and smile for him.

When they got off, Woohyun would have bought him a stick of cotton candy and walked around the park with him for a bit. They would chat, hold hands, and laugh together. Woohyun would offer to take Sunggyu home and maybe—just a big maybe—he could have kissed Sunggyu for the first time and asked for a next date.

That would have been great.

“Yeah,” Kibum says with a mouthful of ice cream, “but have you considered how stupid your imagination is? Get real, Nam Woohyun.”

“What? You don't think it would have happened?”

“I would have crawled out of the bathroom and swept him off his feet, you know. That would have happened, not whatever crap you're thinking about. You're delusional.”

“You with Mr. Kim? No, Kibum, you're delusional.”

“Get real.”

“No you do.”

“No way that date would have worked out, even if it was just the two of you,” Kibum says as he shoves another spoonful of the cold treat into his mouth, “He would have stared at your ugly mug, throw coffee on you and tell you not to bother him ever again. If it were just me and him, he would have gone Oh, Kibum, romance me like nobody's ever done it before~”

“Oh my God, Kibum!”

“It's okay. A man can dream. I mean, you just did.”

 

 

Sungjong has the widest smile on his little face and Sungyeol can't blame him. Because he has one on his own face, too.

They're having a nice family dinner—on their table are various delicious homemade dishes, all done by their amazing dad—and it isn't just the three of them, tonight. Oh, no. Across from them, the pink-haired teacher they so badly want to have as their 'mom' sits quietly. He eats the food and he glances at the children, their dad, the food right in front of him and then back at the children. He looks at them shyly and neither one of the children think it's because of how they're looking at him.

“Um,” the teacher starts, putting his fork down, “So...”

“So?” Sungjong repeats with an excited kick of his feet.

“How's everything?” he manages to ask.

“Everything's great, yeah yeah yeah,” Sungyeol answers with a dismissive wave of his hand, “let's get on with the important stuff.”

“I beg your pardon?” Teacher Jang asks, startled.

“About your relationship...” Sungyeol begins slowly, “is it getting anywhere? Has my father been kind? Is he being a gentleman? If not, tell me now, and Jongie and I will deal with it.”

From somewhere out of Sungyeol's line of sight, he hears the clinking of a spoon dropping onto the table, followed by someone clearing his throat. Teacher Jang looks at him with eyes as wide as saucers, obviously surprised by what Sungyeol had said. For his part, Sungyeol doesn't waver. Instead, he looks more serious than ever. Surely the pink-haired man is stunned by Sungyeol's inquiry.

“I don't know what you mean. Your father has been very nice to me and is always a perfect gentleman,” Dongwoo tells them with a nervous smile, “there's no need for you to 'deal' with him at all. I assure you, it's perfectly fine.”

“So when's the wedding?” Sungyeol asks, and this time he hears sputtering.

“Sungyeol!”

“When are you gonna be our umma?” Sungjong asks cutely, his little head tilted to the side as he bats his long lashes.

“M-marriage!? We're just dating; we're not even together yet!” his dad cries, his voice frantic. Everyone turns to look at him and Sungyeol only tuts, visibly disappointed. No, worse: he's ashamed. Ashamed of his father. Ashamed of his bloodline.

“Appa!” Sungyeol sl

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter