3. Trouble

Oh! Are You Late Too?

Chapter Three

Yura was still fuming over the singing class. It had happened two days ago but it was still a big deal to her. Especially since Professor Park had been ignoring her ever since then. She'd ask for someone to do something and when Yura would raise her hand, she'd be ignored. This angered her because she thought she was the most talented person in that class – her talent was totally going to waste. She considered complaining to her father, the university dean, but if the professor were to get fired, everyone would hate her.

She pushed herself from the floor, sighing in frustration. Pressing play on the music, she began to practise her dance routine. It wasn't for anything in particular, but she just liked to work on things. She knew that the big showcase was coming up soon; she wanted to be the lead performer. To do that, she had to be in top shape when it came to dancing, singing and even acting. She told herself she wasn't worried about it, throwing herself into her routine.

Yura stopped suddenly when the door to the dance studio opened. A boy from her lessons came in, looking bewildered. She recognised him but didn't remember his name. His hair was black, messily falling on his forehead. He was shorter than most guys but he made up for it in muscle.

"This studio is occupied," she said, looking him up and down.

He looked at her briefly before looking around the studio again, "I could've sworn I booked this room."

She faltered as she remembered that the studios were given to those who booked. She hadn't booked this room and the boy was probably in the right, but she wasn't done practising. "Well, I'm using it right now, so find somewhere else," she said coldly.

The boy scoffed, "You can't be serious."

"Well, I am… so scram," she scowled.

He tilted his head to the side, seeming to consider his options. It looked as if he decided that it wasn't worth the hassle as he shrugged, looking around one last time before leaving.

Yura breathed a sigh of relief as he left, rolling her eyes at him. He should have seen that she was using it and just left her alone. Once she had managed to re-motivate herself, she replayed the song, practising her dance again.

She must of have practised for ages as there was a knock on the door. Yura stopped, pausing the music and waiting for the person to enter the room. She wasn't surprised when she saw it was her friend, Jin.

"Hey," she panted, waving half heartedly.

He smiled warmly at her while also eyeing her with concern, "Hey, how long have you been practising now?"

She shrugged, "I don't know, maybe an hour or two?"

"Don't people book these studios?" he asked, raising his eyebrows.

Yura's eyes widened as she laughed sheepishly, "Ha, no…"

"You chased someone out, didn't you?" he asked, crossing his arms in disappointment.

She rolled her eyes, "Gosh, shut up, Jin. You're such a square."

He chuckled, "Oh, I see someone is in a bad mood. You're not seriously upset over what happened with Bom, are you?"

"Not you too," she groaned, "You're an actor, why are you calling her Bom?"

Shrugging, he replied, "Well, I sing as my minor. I would have taken Theatre Studies but dance is a little too much for me."

She laughed, "Yeah, you at that."

Jin looked at her in mock annoyance, that Yura was too oblivious to see was hiding the hurt behind her comment. She was always harsh with people, even when not trying to be. She'd lost many friends in the past because of this but she didn't really care. If people couldn't take the truth, that was their own fault.

"So why are you here?" she asked him.

He nodded, as if suddenly remembering why he came. He pulled his backpack off, reaching into it and pulling out a lunchbox. "I know you forget to eat when you practise and I cooked a little bit too much earlier," he explained as he handed her the box, "So here."

She took it, smiling gratefully at him, "Thanks."

After putting his backpack back on, he smiled at her, "I'd stay longer but I promised I’d help a friend with something so I gotta go. I'll see you around."

Yura nodded, waving at him as he left. Once he was gone, she sat on the floor, opening the box. It released a beautiful smell, making water. She smiled excitedly; Jin was the best cook. The food was delicious but she couldn't bring herself to finish it. I wonder how many calories I just ate, she frowned as she threw the rest of the lunchbox away. She was grateful to Jin but she had to stay in top form for the upcoming showcase.

Sighing, she played the music, beginning her dance practise again.

Jin rushed into the recording studio, finding Namjoon deep in concentration with writing some lyrics. He rolled his eyes at the mess all over the desk, feeling the need to clean stuff up. Choosing to do that instead of greet Namjoon, he moved a stack of papers to the side. He stopped when he felt a hand slap his own.

"Yah! Don't touch any of this stuff," Namjoon ordered.

"It's a mess, I'm just cleaning it up," Jin explained, going to move the papers again.

"No, stop," his friend begged, "This is an organised mess. I know where everything is, okay?"

Jin raised an eyebrow, doubting that any of the stuff on there could be classed as 'organised'. Even with his disbelief, he decided it was better to leave Namjoon alone, allowing him to 'reorganise' his mess. From a distance, he could make out lines to a song but he couldn’t see what it was about. Namjoon caught him reading, grabbing the papers and doing his best to shield them.

"Don't read it! It’s not for your eyes," he said.

"I thought you wanted me to sing?" Jin asked.

Sitting up, Namjoon cleared his throat, "I do. But not that…" He drifted off as he began searching through the papers. Finding what he wanted, he pulled out a piece of paper and handed it to him. "I want you to sing this," he said.

Jin's eyebrows furrowed as he stared down at the lyrics; they were all in English. "Um, Namjoon?"

"What?" he asked, as he went back to what he was doing.

"This is all in English…"

"Yup," he popped the 'p', not even looking up from his work.

"I don't speak English."

"I know, you don't," he responded, glancing up at him, "But she does."

Jin raised an eyebrow. So this song is for a girl, huh? He chose not to question him as Namjoon's crushes were usually brief and fleeting. He moved on from things really quickly and one day he'd want one girl but the other day he'd want another. Instead of getting involved, Jin chose to just sing when he was asked and deliver gifts when requested.

There'd been many times in the past when Jin had done some things he hated remembering in order to help Namjoon with his current infatuation so this was nothing new. He knew that he was probably going to be singing something ual – Namjoon rarely went the romantic route – so he just did as told. Looking at the sheet of paper, he saw that recognised a lot of the words.

"You know how to pronounce everything, right?" Namjoon questioned.

Jin nodded absentmindedly, "Sure." Then a thought suddenly crossed his mind. "How did you get this studio?"

His friend messed with his hair nervously, clearing his throat, "I called in a favour."

Jin chuckled as he rolled his eyes, "You know what, Namjoon? You are one of the shadiest guys ever."

Namjoon laughed sheepishly, not knowing what to reply as he knew that Jin was right. He never told Jin what he was doing fully, just dragging him along for the ride. Jin didn't mind, he found it fun but sometimes he found himself curious with stuff that he'd never been told. Namjoon was a complete mystery; he'd never really told him much about himself apart from his frequent crushes.

"I'll go in now, okay?" Jin told him, going into the booth. He placed the paper on the stand, looking at it more carefully. The title of the song was 'Trouble' – Jin hoped that singing this song wouldn't bring him any.

Yoongi was going to scream. He couldn't understand what was going on with himself; he was stuck on the song. He'd been working on the song for a week prior to the party and things had been going smoothly. Then he had decided that he would throw a party to get the well deserved break he needed and now he was back, he just couldn't bring himself to carry on working.

It frustrated him; usually songs came pouring out of him like he was a faucet but not this time. He couldn't think of why – why he'd hit this wall for three days. The song had to be finished in time to be submitted for the big showcase.

If his song was picked, he would be given the chance to produce a bunch of songs that would be used in the performance. In order for that to happen, he needed to finish the song – something that seemed impossible at the moment.

There was a sea of screwed up paper surrounding him; he was beginning to drown in it. What do people even do when they get stuck? His thoughts ran around in his head, the tracks they left crossing and only succeeding in confusing him. He put his head in his hands, grumbling in agitation.

A sliver of light suddenly filled the room, causing him to flinch and duck under his forearms. He'd been sitting in the dark for the past few hours. The light intensified as someone the light switch.

"YAH!" Yoongi growled, looking up to see who it was that dared to come in.

The person wasn't intimidated by him in the slightest, grinning at him brightly. He was holding a bag that had the smell of food wafting from it in one hand and a pack of beers in the other. Clearly his friends were starting to get worried about Yoongi's hibernation.

"I come wielding food," Hoseok said, hoping that would pacify the guy that was currently growling at him. It worked slightly as he stopped audibly growling, choosing to only glare at him instead. That was enough for him as he opened the door wider and nodded towards the living room.

"Let's eat," he exclaimed, "Come on." With that, he left the room, taking the glorious smell of the food with him.

Yoongi watched him leave, staying in his seat for little longer before forcing himself up. He must have been sitting for too long as his joints cracked, his knees weak. He felt like an old man as he made his way to the living room, his eyes finally adjusting to the light.

Hoseok was sat sprawled across the sofa, eating a chicken wing. Yoongi plopped himself next to him, looking up at the TV to see what he was watching. He was disappointed to see it was a random drama, not sure what he had been expecting. There was a couple arguing on the screen and it reminded him of the party and the argument he had with that girl.

"Are you gonna eat or what?" Hoseok asked, his mouth full.

Nodding absentmindedly, Yoongi picked up a wing and began eating. He hadn't eaten for a while as he rarely left the room he was producing in. His friends had been taking it in turns to bring him food, Hoseok the most enthusiastic about it. Whenever it was his turn to bring food, he would force Yoongi out; make him watch an hour of mindless TV before allowing him to get back to work.

"I'm assuming you're not closer to finishing the song," he said.

"Pretty much," Yoongi shrugged.

"I'm sure you'll be able to get there soon."

"Yeah, I hope so."

"Maybe," Hoseok said, sitting up, "You should throw another party. Or you could come with me to my friend's party tonight?"

Yoongi shook his head decisively; another party was not even an option for him. He was tired and all he wanted was to get it done – not waste the night drinking to only have to clean up in the morning. Even though it was usually Jimin who did most of the work, he still didn't want to know that there was a mess in the room. Especially since there was currently a mess in his head.

"No more parties," he sighed, "I just need to force it out of myself."

He ignored the concerned look that Hoseok sent his way, opening a can of beer. He took a large sip of it, gulping it down before directing his attention back to the TV. The couple was still arguing, making him think of the girl again. He wondered what she was doing at the moment. I bet she's having a good time.

Minyoung was having the time of her life, much to Jang Mi's dismay. She loved her best friend and wanted her to have a good time, but a drunken Min was a rowdy Min. As Min shouted some random gibberish, Jang Mi glared at Taehyung, blaming him completely for the situation they were in. He just smiled sheepishly, doing that innocent grin of his.

A song that Min really liked came on, causing her to jump around excitedly. "Jang Mi! Jang Mi! Look, it's our song," she shouted, "Sing with me! You have such an amazing voice."

Jang Mi sighed, rolling her eyes. Drunken Min talked too much. No one paid much attention to them however as most of them were too drunk. Since they were sat on a sofa in the corner, they were even less noticeable. They were at a house party that was being thrown by Taehyung's friend. Apparently he didn't throw them too often, so this was a big deal. Jang Mi knew his as she had a few classes with him but she wouldn't have came if it weren't for Min and Taehyung's incessant begging.

The song finished after a while, Min singing by herself but not seeming to mind. After the song, she seemed slightly more sober, but she was obviously still tipsy. Jang Mi was going to ask her to sit down when she exclaimed, "J-HOPE!"

Both Taehyung and Jang Mi turned to see him, looking over with a bright smile. He hopped over, seeming quite drunk himself. "Hey!" he grinned excitedly.

Jang Mi raised her hand in a wave while Taehyung replied, "Hi!" He was a really friendly and outgoing guy; that's how he'd managed to befriend Jang Mi. Min drunkenly did the introductions, even introducing Jang Mi – which was good because it seemed that Hoseok had forgotten her in his intoxicated state.

Once done with the intros, Min jumped excitedly, "Dance with me!" With that, she grabbed Hoseok's wrist and dragged him onto the dance floor.

Glancing uneasily at Tae, she asked, "Should we really let her go in that state?"

He shrugged, "She seemed to know him, I'm sure they'll be fine… in fact, I'd be willing to bet money that they go home together tonight." He looked at her, eyebrows raised in challenge

She laughed, "Don't look at me like that. I'm not betting when the outcome is inevitable."

Pouting, he sipped his drink, "You're such a party pooper."

Jang Mi pointed her drink at him, "That's actually not the first time I've been called that this week. Are you and Min in cahoots without me?"

 He shook his head, responding in mock seriousness, "I'm a lone wolf." Tae looked broodingly away.

She rolled her eyes, flicking his forehead and grinning in triumph when he flinched in pain. "Lone wolves hunt for food alone and last I checked, I'm the one who buys all your food."

"That's because you're rich and I'm poor," he frowned. "I'm like Oliver Twist poor – Orphan Annie poor," he paused as he ran out of references. She watched him in amusement as he racked his mind for other famous poor characters. He looked like he was going to explode with the amount of concentration he was pouring into it.

Giggling, she patted his arm in reassurance, "I get the point, Tae. You're poor."

He nodded his head vigorously in agreement even though he was comfortably middle class. Jang Mi couldn’t deny that her family were well off but she knew for a fact that if Taehyung had ever wanted anything, he'd gotten it. After all, he was pretty good at getting whatever he wanted. His methods were often eccentric but they worked.

Jang Mi went to sip her drink when nothing came out. She looked into the bottle, shaking it to find there was no drink left. She put on an innocent expression, as she said, "Taetae?"

"Uh-oh," he sighed, turning to look at her. She raised her empty bottle, displaying its lack of content to him. He grimaced at her, "Why do you only do this to me? I asked Min and she said that you never use aegyo on her."

She smiled, doing her best to not laugh and making sure her dimples were flashing, "That's cause it doesn't work on her… but you're weak – an easy target."

"You're evil," he mock glared at her as he snatched the bottle from her hand. She allowed herself to smile wider after he left, feeling triumphant. She wasn't kidding when she had said he was weak; he gave in quickly and easily without her having to do much or put much effort into asking. Of course she hated using aegyo but she also didn't feel like getting her own drink.

Bored without Taehyung, she looked around the room, seeing that Min and Hoseok were making out on the dance floor. She raised her eyebrows, unsure of whether she should stop them or not. Min would end up going home with him if she didn't stop them and probably regret it in the morning. Rising from her seat, she smoothed out her skirt, about to go over there.

"If I didn't know any better, I'd think you were stalking me," a voice said in her ear, halting her from going over there. Turning, she came face to face with Jungkook. Raising an eyebrow, she crossed her arms. Please, she scoffed.

 

 

Author's Note: So I did say I would update on Friday and this chapter was already written so why not? The updates are gonna slow down probably now. (I still have some prewritten ones but I don't want to run out of them cause who knows how long it'll take me to update then, you know with exams and all.) Anyway, I hope you enjoy this chapter and you should totally subscribe if you do ;) See you soooooon! ^.^