Just Tonight

STOP STOP IT

Mark watched as Jinyoung and Nayeon walked arm in arm looking at the various decorations inside the bridal store. Nayeon looked happy, beaming with bride-to-be radiant exuding her aura.

            “This is gorgeous don’t you think? It would be perfect at our wedding…” she said, picking up a colourful bouquet of fake flowers.

            “Yeah…why don’t you just go around and pick anything you like? It’s your big day anyway…” Jinyoung pinched her cheek.

            “Our big day…” she smiled.

            “Yes…our big day…”

Jinyoung went towards his best friend Mark leaving Nayeon immersed in her quest searching for the best item with the wedding planner.

            “What’s wrong?” Jinyoung asked when he saw the change on Mark’s expression.

            “Why do I have to be here? I got a lot of work to do you know…” Mark sounded annoyed.

            “You’re my best friend and my best man for the wedding…”

Mark cringed at the word 'wedding'. It’s not like he hated the idea of marriage, in fact he was looking forward for the time when he would be settling down, and having kids with his own partner…it’s just that he didn’t want the love of his life walking down the aisle with another woman.

Yup, Mark loved Jinyoung…almost for the rest of the time he knew the guy. They met during their college days and bonded instantly. They had good relationship…fooling around each other… included of course but Jinyoung made it sure that it was not attached while Mark was falling in love with him deeper as the time went by.

Mark thought they would have something eventually but when Jinyoung introduced Nayeon to him couple of months back and told him they were getting married; shock was the least thing that Mark felt. Nayeon is a sweet girl, polite and nice…she had a great personality and all around likeable.

            “Yaa…what’s wrong?” Jinyoung nudged Mark by the shoulder.

            “Nothing…I just think that I shouldn’t be here…”

            “How about tonight we go down to Bambam’s club and wind out a little? Maybe get you laid…when did the last time you get laid? All those ual frustration is not good for your health I’m telling you…” Jinyoung chuckled.

            “No thanks…I’m not in the mood…”

            “C’mon…Nayeon will be fine…”

            “No…look, I gotta go…Jackson will claw my face if I’m late to the studio…”

Mark get up and get ready to leave. Before he could take the second step, Jinyoung pulled him by the elbow.

            “Mark…” he said.

            “Please Jinyoung…just let me go…” Mark slowly pulled back his hands. “I’ll call you later…”

Nayeon came.

            “Where does Mark oppa go?” she asked as she watched Mark went out of the store.

            “He got some work to do at the office…done with your findings?”

            “Yup…they have amazing stuff here…”

Jinyoung walked into his apartment and slumped on the sofa. The day was tiring, walking around accompanying Nayeon shopping for the wedding. Wedding…the word still felt surreal for him. He’s getting married to a girl in couple of weeks.

Jinyoung always knew that he would be settling down with a woman…but when he met mark, all of that changed. He liked Mark…they were best friends…well…more to friends with benefit…at least to his side. They slept together numerous times throughout the years they’ve known each other. He always gone to Mark when the urges come and Mark was the only guy that he trust that can fulfil his desires. He’s not gonna lie but the thought of being together with Mark crossed his mind now and then.

But why is he getting married to a girl? It’s the question that Jinyoung desperate for an answer. He loved Nayeon…she’s a sweet girl…understanding and nice…a little too nice for her own good sometimes.

*You’re not gay Jinyoung…you just love sticking your in asses and getting pounded by a in your …* his conscious said in sarcasm. He wanted to deny the fact but his fear of what would happen still engulfed him.

The house were filled with people…celebrating the newlyweds-to-be. Nayeon and her parents were among the crowd and Jinyoung just smiled when Nayeon waved at him.

            “Jinyoung ah…” his mom said, when he walked into the kitchen bring an empty bowl of chips that needs to be refilled.

            “Omma…where’s the extra chips?” he asked.

            “In that cupboard over there…” she answered, pointing with her lips. “Where’s Mark? Is he coming?”

            “He might be late…he said something about trainee problem at the studio…”

            “Really? I would be surprised if he showed up…”

            “What’s that supposed to mean?” Jinyoung stared at his mother.

            “Nothing…” Mrs. Park wiped her hands with a towel and walked towards his son. “Jinyoung ah…can I talk to you?”

            “Sure…what’s up?” Jinyoung said, pouring the chips in the bowl.

            “Do you think this is right? Getting married to Nayeon…”

            “Omma…we’ve talked about it…I’m marrying her…she’s nice, understanding…she’s perfect…”

            “I know that…but…are you gonna be happy with her? I mean…really happy?”

            “Omma…”

            “I just want all the best for you Jinyoung ah…I don’t care who you chose to love as long as you’re happy…that’s all I wanted for you…” Mrs. Park held his son’s hand.

            “I’m happy omma…Nayeon made me happy…”

            “If you say so…but I’m still saying that this is wrong…”

Jinyoung walked away ignoring his mom’s words.

Mark came and said hi to a few people he knew. He hugged Jinyoung’s older sisters and their husbands and even greeted Nayeon’s parents and siblings.

            “Omma…your other son is here…” Mark said when he found Jinyoung’s mother sitting alone on a bench at the far corner of the room.

            “Mark…” she hugged him. “I thought you’re not coming…”

            “Just got a held up at the studio…where’s appa?” Mark sat next to her.

            “Probably at the bar, having a drink with his office buddies…” Mrs. Park watched as Jinyoung and Nayeon together talking to bunch of friends. “Why aren’t you there?”

            “And leave you all alone, vulnerable to all these men? No way…I have to protect my woman…”

            “Aren’t you a sweet talker?” Mrs. Park pinched Mark’s nose.

They sat there in silent, contented with each other’s company.

            “You know…I’ve always thought that you will end up as my son-in-law…” Mrs. Park said, patting Mark’s arm.

            “As you can see omma…all Jinyoung’s sisters are married and I’m not exactly the straight type either.” He chuckled.

            “I know that…I mean you and Jinyoung getting together…” she stared at him.

            “Omma…I…I…Jinyoung…”

            “Relax…I know everything about you and Jinyoung…well, not everything…but most of it…” she smiled.

            “You do?”

            “Yeah…I’ve seen the way you look at Jinyoung…and to be honest, I was happy that someone loved Jinyoung that way…genuine love…without condition…”

Mark stayed silent.

            “When Jinyoung brought Nayeon back and told me that he was getting married to her, I was shocked…I thought he was coming back to tell us that he wanted to be with you…”

            “Omma…how did you know…about Jinyoung…”

            “He’s my son…I know everything about him…I had my suspicion…the way he acted with you when you two came for that first college break…and I heard noises the two of you made in that garage…” she laughed.

            “Oh god…” Mark’s ears getting red with embarrassment.

            “Let me tell you…I was shocked at first…but then, I know there’s something special going on between you and Jinyoung…”

            “Well…it was one sided thing…”

            “You loved Jinyoung didn’t you?”

Mark nodded.

            “I’m sorry that Jinyoung was afraid to admit his own feelings…that boy was scared what others might say…”

            “So you don’t mind that he’s not straight?”

            “Of course not…he’s my son…I love him no matter what…you don’t choose who you love…you just do…regardless of the gender…”

            “Omma…”

            “I just hope he came to his senses sooner but we both know the fear is already empowering him…”

            “I just want him to be happy omma…even its without me…”

            “I wished that you are my son right now…aigoo…that idiot son of mine…” she hugged Mark.

Later that night…

            “She hates me…I know it…” Nayeon almost cried when she got home from the party. Her future mother-in-law was cold towards her. She was nice to all of her family but Nayeon felt different.

            “No…she doesn’t hate you…trust me….”

            “Oppa…”

            “C’mere…”

Jinyoung pulled Nayeon into a hug.

            “She’ll come around Nayeon ah…I’m sure she will…”

            “What if she doesn’t?”

            “She will…trust me…”

*******************************

            “No omma…she was sad! She had done nothing wrong and you hated her!” Jinyoung said, looking at his mother.

            “I don’t hate her…I just think that she’s not the one for you Jinyoung ah…” Mrs. Park frowned.

            “Why not?”

            “Because I know she’s not! Please Jinyoung…open your eyes a little…you still can do something about it…”

            “You mean cancel the wedding?”

            “What else could it be then?”

            “Omma!”

            “Don’t raise your voice on mother like that Jinyoung!” Mr. Park said with stern voice.

            “Look…I don’t know what you’re thinking but this wedding will be on…”

            “I won’t come…”

            “Fine…suit yourself then…I’m leaving…”

Mark heard the front door opened and he knew who just walked in. Jinyoung was the only person other than himself that knew the passcode to his house.

            “Hey…” he said, as Jinyoung walked in.

            “Hey…sorry for coming unannounced…” Jinyoung plopped on the sofa.

            “It’s okay…what’s wrong?”

            “Just had a fight with omma…” Jinyoung took off his jacket and throw it at an empty seat.

            “What is it about this time? Nayeon again?” Mark went to the kitchen and came back with a glass of water. “Here…”

            “Thanks…”

            “What’s the problem?”

            “My mom…Nayeon is a great girl…I don’t know what’s wrong with her…she hated Nayeon for some reason that I couldn’t figure out…”

            “She doesn’t hate Nayeon…your mom barely hates anyone without any reason…”

            “I dunno Mark…” Jinyoung sighed. “I’m just torn between the two…”

            “Have you ever thought from your mother’s perspective? I mean…she wanted you to be happy…and maybe she just felt that Nayeon isn’t the one for you…”

            “I’m happy with Nayeon…we’re great together…”

            “Are you?”

            “What’s that supposed to mean?” Jinyoung stared at Mark.

            “Nothing…”

The wedding is just two days away and Mark was getting anxious…he wanted to avoid the event and go away to some place that he can just forget about everything.

            “Jeju?” Youngjae said, looking at him.

            “Yeah…Jaebum owned a beach house there and I talked to him about staying for couple of weeks…getting my mind off things…”

            “When will you leave?”

            “Day after tomorrow…”

            “On Jinyoung hyung’s wedding?”

Mark nodded.

            “But I thought you are the best man…shouldn’t you be there?” Youngjae frowned.

            “Do you think I could just stand there watching him walking down the aisle to another woman? I’m not that strong Youngjae…just thinking about it made me wanna puke…”

            “Jinyoung hyung is stupid…there I said it! Coming out is not big of a deal nowadays…we’re not living in the ice age anymore…”

            “Well…he did…and there’s nothing I could do…”

            “So what’s next for you and Jinyoung hyung?”

            “I dunno…it depends…I have to move on I guess…one way or another…”

            “Hyung…”

            “I’ll be fine Youngjae ah…after all these years, another heart break is not gonna kill me…”

That night…

Jinyoung stared at the tux hanging at the door of his closet. He was getting married…thousands of things running inside his mind. The images of Mark flooded his head…he loved the guy…he really did…but somehow he end up hurting him even more.

The doorbell rings and when he opened the door, Mark was standing there.

            “Hey…” he was surprised to see the guy. he and Mark kinda not talking to each other these few days and he can’t exactly blame him.

            “May I come in?”

            “Sure…”

Mark walked into the living room. It’s been a while since he came here…and to know that he would not set another foot here after this breaks his heart.

            “Want anything to drink?” Jinyoung asked.

            “No thanks…”

Mark was fidgeting at his seat…he was nervous. He came to Jinyoung’s house to break the news that he wouldn’t be able to attend his wedding but it seems so hard to say when he was already here.

            “Hey…you ok? Is something wrong?” Jinyoung asked. He never saw Mark like this before.

            “No…everything was alright I guess…”

            “You guess? C’mon Mark…spill it out…”

            “This is wrong…” Mark got up. “I should’ve never some here at the first place…”

Mark went to the door. But before he could leave, Jinyoung stopped him.    

            “Mark…just tell me what’s wrong…talk to me…” Jinyoung begged.

            “No…I can’t…”

            “I’m not letting you go until you tell me what’s wrong…I’ll tie up at the bed post if I had to…”

            “You don’t have a bed post…”

            “Mark…please…talk to me…you’re scaring me…”

Jinyoung’s eyes shot wide open when a kiss came crashing on his lips. A kiss that full of ferociousness that he never felt before. Mark’s lips tasted sweet, almost like strawberry…moulding perfectly with his own.

            “I know this is wrong…” Mark said as he broke the kiss.

            “Mark…”

            “Hear me out please…I love you Jinyoung…I don’t know if you already know about it or not, I really loved you…with all my heart. Just for tonight…let me love you the best that I can…”

Jinyoung stared deep into Mark’s eyes and saw desperate plea. Pulling Mark to his room, Jinyoung took off Mark’s clothing the soon they arrived. Hands roaming all over, entangled in lust.

The two spent the entire night ing each other brains out, like bunnies in heat.

            “That was something else…” Jinyoung took a deep breath. He just took Mark for the third time of the night.

            “Yeah…it feels like we’re back in college…” Mark said, pulling the blanket over them. “I know I’m gonna have trouble walking tomorrow…”

            “Me too…”

Mark looked at Jinyoung and kissed his lips.

            “What was that for?” he asked.

            “Nothing…I really love you Park Jinyoung…” Mark snuggled closer.

Morning…

Jinyoung woke up to an empty bed. He thought Mark probably went back while he was sleeping. He went to the kitchen and saw a note stuck at the door of his fridge. He took it and read.

Hey Jinyoung…

Sorry for leaving without saying anything…I don’t know whether last night was a mistake since you are getting married tomorrow but I’m glad it happened. I felt guilty to Nayeon and trust me I will take this to my grave.

I love you Jinyoung…from the first time we met. I know the thing between us is just and nothing attached to it, but somehow I’ve fallen for you and I know I would never love anyone else other than you. I don’t think we can go back as friends either after this.

I’m sorry for not being at your wedding…I don’t think I could go through it…I’m not that strong. I wish all the best for you and Nayeon.

Love,

Mark.

*********************************************

The sound of waves crashing the beach greeted Jinyoung as he walked to the small pier. The emerald sea looked beautiful and peaceful.

*He was getting married today…* Mark looked at the clear blue sky.

            “Congratulation Jinyoung…I wish that you’re happy…” he said.

Then…

            “I am happy now…”

Mark turned around and saw Jinyoung leaning against the tall pier pole looking at him.

            “Jinyoung ah…”

            “You know…you left the morning we slept together back in college…” Jinyoung said, walking closer.

            “What are you doing here? Where’s Nayeon?”

            “Nayeon? She’s probably crying…cursing me with all her might…maybe planning on killing me with her heels…” Jinyoung chuckled.

            “It’s not funny Jinyoung ah…you’re getting married today aren’t you?”

            “Well…I’m supposed to…but the wedding is off…”

            “What do you mean it’s off?”

            “I mean…I called off the wedding…”

Jinyoung knew he was making a mistake and calling off the wedding was the only logical thing he thought of doing. So he called his family and Nayeon’s family…coming out in front of them and said that he can’t go through with the wedding. Nayeon’s mother slapped him hard and for the first time he saw Nayeon throwing tantrum…well…any woman would when her husband-to-be declared that he was in love with another man.

Jinyoung was prepared for the worst from his family but he was surprised when all he got was a warm hug and supportive encouragement from them. He finally saw his mom smiling and patted his back saying that he will still be his son no matter what happened.

            “So, here I am…asking you for another chance…” Jinyoung stood in front of Mark. “What do you say?”

            “Are you sure about this Jinyoung? I don’t want this to be something that you will regret in the future…”

            “I will regret it if I let you go once again…I love you Mark…I just realised it when you’re gone…and I’m really sorry for that…and I’m prepared to prove it to you for the rest of my life.”

A kiss from Mark was all Jinyoung need for an answer.

 

Another update...

Happy reading and flood the comment box!

BBYONG!!!