Moonlight

STOP STOP IT

I wanna make it so no one else can see you

I wanna hide you in the moonlight so only I can see you

I’ll gather all the memories of you and engrave it in the moonlight

I want to colour the night sky with you and me

 “That’s a wrap everyone!” the director said followed by claps from the staff around in the studio.

            “Good job Jinyoung ah…” Kwanghee patted his back as he handed him a bottle of water. Jinyoung quickly gulped it down to quench his dry throat.

            “Thanks hyung…”

            “So, your schedule is over for the day…but we have an early start tomorrow…I’ll brief you in the van…”

            “Nae…”

Jinyoung grabbed his stuff from the dressing room and head out to the parking lot. It’s already dark and as soon as he stepped out the main door, swarm of people surrounded him.

            “Jinyoung oppa! Please be my boyfriend!” a girl screamed shoving a paper bag to him. Jinyoung just smiled and politely took the bag. Another girl shrieked making him cringe as her voice pierced through his eardrum like a rocket. Kwanghee and a few other staffs blocked the people and him to the van.

Living as a public figure has never been easy for a guy named Park Jinyoung. As a top young actor, he was centre of attention all the time…there’s thousands pair of eyes on his every moves and while he’s thankful for being loved by legion of fans, sometimes it can get a little bit too overwhelming. Being in entertainment for 5 years made Jinyoung one of the top dog in the industry. From an unknown actor to a household name, Jinyoung is what every director wanted. His faces decked the front of many magazines and with two successful movies and numerous dramas under his belt, let’s just say that he was the epitome of great talent and brain. His good look was one of the main factors making his female fans squealing every time they saw him.

            “Here’s your schedule for tomorrow…” Kwanghee’s voice snapped him up from his momentary thought. “We have an interview with Dispatch at 11…then a photo shoots with ELLE at 1.30.”

A vibration came from his phone startled Jinyoung a little. He took out his phone and it was a text. He opened it and a smile crossed his face.

From: Flying Boy

Hey babe…what are you doing? I was just finishing dance rehearsal for the final performance…if you’re not busy, give me a call…love ya.

Jinyoung’s fingers quickly dialled a series of numbers. A few seconds later, the call was connected.

            “Hey babe…” soft voice greeted his ears. The voice he wanted to hear all day.

            “Hey…” Jinyoung replied. “Still in the studio?”

            “Nope…me and the boys just heading out for dinner…”

            “Dinner? At this hour?” Jinyoung looked at his watch and it was already 10pm.

            “What can I do? Practise comes before anything…including dinner…so, did you miss me?”

            “Always do…it’s been over a week since we met…” Jinyoung sighed. His fingers drawing invincible circles on the window.

            “Yeah…I’ve been so busy with the new song promotions and fan meetings…and you…” a sigh. “We both know how busy you are…”

            “I just wished we could just go public with this…” Jinyoung noticed Kwanghee’s eyes on him for a brief second.

            “You know why we can’t… look, I gotta go…the boys gonna whip my if I’m late…love ya…” the line disconnected.

            “Going public doesn’t mean people gonna leave the two of you alone…” Kwanghee said without looking.

            “Yeah…but it does make things a little easier…”

            “I guess so…look, maybe I could arrange something so that the two of you could meet and spend time together…”

            “You would do that hyung?” Jinyoung gasped.

            “Of course…you’re like a brother to me Jinyoung ah…I’ve known you since you set your foot into the agency…you’re practically a family…”

Jinyoung launched to the front.

            “Thank you, thank you, thank you! I won’t forget this!” he hugged Kwanghee’s shoulder from the back.

            “Yaa! I’m driving here!”

Mark shoved the phone back into his pocket. Wearing his black hoodies, he quickly made his way out of the practise room.

            “Hyung! What took you so long?” BamBam whined.

            “I’m here now so stop whining…” Mark said.

            “Let’s go eat…I’m hungry…” Yoogyeom grabbed BamBam by the neck and walked up the stairs.

            “Was that Jinyoung?” Junseob, his manager asked.

            “Yeah…” Mark nodded. “He probably on his way home by now…”

            “I really wonder how the two of you could keep up with this relationship…I mean…he’s one of the top young actors in the country and you…hottest idol…” Junseob shook his head.

            “It comes with a lot of things hyung…patience…”

            “I bet…now, let’s go before the kids turned into zombies…”

Mark smiles at the thought of Jinyoung. No one except a few close people around knew about his relationship with Jinyoung. They were lovers even before Mark made his official debut as an idol. Jinyoung was an unknown rookie actor when they first met 5 years ago and he was just starting his new life as a trainee for an entertainment agency.

Their relationship bloomed from the first moment their eyes laid on each other. Mark was attracted to Jinyoung’s cheerful, caring nature and Jinyoung said that Mark’s bad boy swag was a big turn on. Because of their conflicting schedule they had a very little time to spend with each other…only phone calls and text keeping them up with each other.

*************************

            “I just hope everyone could see how the movie could bring out the child in all of us…” Jinyoung said as he smiled for the camera. “And what amazing actress Lee Inyeong is…” he patted the shoulder of a woman sitting next to him.

            “Omo…Inyeong ssi…you must’ve been lucky to have Jinyoung ssi as an co-actor…” the reporter said clasping her hands together with glee.

            “I am…” Inyeong glanced over at Jinyoung. “He’s one of the few people that helped me a lot during our time of filming and I’m so grateful for that…”

            “there you have it folks…our fun interview with the main cast for the upcoming movie ‘SECRET LOVE’…don’t forget to catch the movie when it the theatres next month…”

Jinyoung was in his van going to his next schedule. He was bored so he the small TV screen in front of him.

“In related news…resident bad boy, Mark Tuan was caught going out on a date with a member of a rookie idol group, Joo…netizen has been posting the couple alleged photo dates on various social media outlet speculating a possible love connection between the two.”

Jinyoung frowned. Another tabloid news about Mark. He changed the channel.

“The couples were seen exiting a restaurant downtown holding hands before disappearing inside Mark’s black luxury SUV…witnesses said the two shared a romantic evening having dinner together. Could this be another celebrity couple in the making? Stay tuned to find out…”

He changed the channel again.

“This is not the first time Mark is involved in a scandal…he previously linked on having a relationship with a fellow idol from the same agency as his but were later denied by the management…could this bad boy finally found someone to tame his wild side? Let’s just wait and see…”

Jinyoung turned off the TV.

            “What’s wrong?” Kwanghee asked.

            “Nothing…” he reclined the seat and closed his eyes.

Things have been a little rocky for Jinyoung and Mark these days…Jinyoung has been super busy with the release of his new movie and Mark is caught in a scandal involving him and another female idol. He trust Mark but seeing him all over the news and the pictures of Mark with the girl somehow shook him a little.

*What if he dumped me to be with her?* Jinyoung shook his head erasing the thought.

*You’re just being paranoid Jinyoung ah…*

            “Jinyoung ah…we’re here…” Kwanghee’s voice woke him up.

            “Nae hyung…”

Mark stepped out on the roof top with a sigh. He never thought the dinner he had with Joo will escalate into something huge like this. He was just fulfilling a dinner invitation, but it turned out to be a blind date set up by a mutual friend of his and Joo. He called Jinyoung but the call just got to his voicemail instead. It wasn’t the first time a scandal about him hits the tabloid. Simple friends get together a few months back turned out to be huge headline news.

            “You still can’t get through Jinyoung?” JB asked.

            “Yeah…I know he’s upset about this whole Joo thing…” Mark sighed. He leaned against the brick wall and looked at the blue sky.

            “Anyone would be…can’t you just go and meet him?”

            “I wanted to but Kwanghee hyung said that he had full schedule this week…he said that he would set up something as soon as there’s a free slot…I’m at dead end…”

            “It to be you right now…” JB chuckled.

            “Yaa!” Mark punched his shoulder.

            “Sorry, sorry…my bad…”

*************************

Jinyoung slumped on the backseat of the van feeling dead tired. He barely had any break this week and it’s already taking a toll on him. Taking out the phone, Jinyoung saw a few text notices.

 

From : Flying Boy ♥

Hey baby…just checking on you…I know you’re busy but we really need to talk…

 

From : Flying Boy ♥

Me again…I missed to hear your voice again…don’t be mad …just hear me out ok? Love ya…

 

From : Flying Boy ♥

I LOVE YOU PARK JINYOUNG!

 

Jinyoung shut his phone off and throw it at the empty seat next to him.

            “We’re here Jinyoung ah…” Kwanghee stopped the van.

Jinyoung looked outside the window and they were at a park.

            “Where are we?” he asked.

            “Suncheon Bay Garden Lake Park…”

            “What are we doing here? I thought we’re gonna head home…”

            “We’re stopping here for a while… I just thought maybe you could use some fresh air for the night…go out, take a walk…clear your mind…”

            “Are you sure hyung?” Jinyoung looked at Kwanghee.

            “Yeah…go on…the place is safe…”

            “Okay…” Jinyoung grabbed his hoodies and put it on before going out.

He looked around and the park was beautiful, even at night. He walked on the long wooden bridge crossing the lake towards a man-made hill island. The full moon shines brightly lighting the path.

*It would be great if Mark was here…* the thought of Mark made him sighed. He missed the guy but still slightly mad at him because of the scandal and stuff.

Jinyoung walked along narrow pathway towards the top of the hill island. He saw someone pacing back and forth there and there’s some kind of familiar vibe coming from him.

Mark turned around when he heard heavy sets of footstep coming closer. It was Jinyoung…much to his relief.

            “Jinyoung ah…”

Mark rushed towards Jinyoung and pulled him into a tight hug. The scent of Jinyoung’s perfume invaded his senses and made him smile…the familiar scent that he missed so much.

            “What are you doing here?” Jinyoung asked when Mark broke the hug.

            “I asked Kwanghee hyung to bring you here…”

****************************************

            “Look babe…I’m sorry about the whole thing with Joo…a hyung I know set me up with her…I thought we’re gonna have dinner but it turned out to be a blind date…” Mark held Jinyoung’s hands.

            “Then why did I see a statement from her side saying that you two were a close acquaintance?”

            “I don’t know why she said that…that night was the first time I even saw the girl…please babe…you gotta believe me…”

            “Sometimes I wished we could be a just a normal couple like every other person in the world…” Jinyoung sighed.

            “Me too…” Mark wrapped his arm around Jinyoung’s shoulder.

            “I’m sorry for being such a baby…I was just worried that you would leave me to be with a girl…”

            “Jinyoung ah…”

            “I know…maybe I was just stressed out…not being able to see you these couple of weeks and when those news came up, I think I just lost it…”

            “You know I won’t do that to you…we’ve been together for years and I don’t think I want anyone else…”

            “I know that…stupid me…being paranoid for no reason…”

            “Hey, it’s not your fault for having such a hottie boyfriend…” Mark chuckled.

            “I guess…”

He pulled Jinyoung into a hug.

            “I love you Park Jinyoung and I will spend the rest of my life proving it to you if I have to…”

*****************************************

             “I guess everything went well with Mark…” Kwanghee said as they left the house for a scheduled photo shoot.

            “Yup…thanks hyung…” Jinyoung said, patting Kwanghee’s shoulder.

            “No problem…I’m just glad that you two got to patch things up…”

            “I was just being paranoid…I guess that side of me never change…”

Jinyoung the TV. Mark came up.

            “So Mark, what are your plans next?” the reporter asked.

            “Well,  I’m gonna head back to the studio and getting ready for a digital single release this upcoming month…then my first solo concert preparation…”

            “Good…so there will be no chance of you and Joo spending time together? I mean with the news of you two…”

            “Joo and I were friends…we had a senior-junior relationship…nothing more than that…”

            “Really?”

            “Yeah…and for the record…I’m taken…”

Jinyoung’s eyes broadened. Did Mark just say that?

            “Taken?” the female reporter asked in disbelief.

            “Yup…I’m in a relationship…” Mark looked at the camera. “That’s right Pepi, I’m revealing it for the whole nation to know that I belong to you…”

Wide grin spread across Jinyoung’s face.

 

I had this written for a while and I was debating whether to post it or not...

Let me know how you guys feel about this chapter, if you don't like it, I'll just delete it and write a new one...