Cooking?

BTS Oneshot Collection

I smiled to myself as I eagerly anticipated my boyfriend’s return from work. For a majority of the day I’ve just been rather lonely. I had resorted to simply puttering around Hoseok’s and my shared home. The house was small, but homey nonetheless. We’d been dating nine months when he quickly had decided that since he’s at work all the time and therefore had less time to see me during the day, it would just be easier for me to move in with him. I was originally apprehensive at the hasty decision, but in the end, my horrible resolve for ignoring his charming smile has worked out well. Today is actually the day I moved in a year ago. I was mulling over what to do for our two-year anniversary in three months when I heard Hoseok’s key turning in the door.

I immediately pulled my mind back from space and made my way to the door to greet my lover. He pushed the door open and I automatically reached down to relieve him of his extremely heavy briefcase. His head was hung allowing his brown bangs to flop limply over his face, but he looked up at me when I took his briefcase. He seemed really tired, but I still greeted him with the eye-smile he always said he loved. In return I was granted a slight upturn of his lips and an almost unnoticeable crease between his brows.  It was a sad ghost of a smile, but I could easily tell he was putting all the energy he had left into it.

“Hey,” he offered as he stumbled over his own feet through the threshold. He shrugged his jacket off and then threw it over the sofa before kicking off his shoes. He turned towards the sofa and perched himself up by his arms, letting his head flop down again with a deep exhale. I frowned a bit as I walked over to him and engulfed him in a back-hug.

“Rough day at work?” I said softly letting my eyes close as I nuzzled my cheek into his shirt I’d ironed earlier today. I felt his body shift a little as he nodded. He turned around and wrapped his arms around me in return, and I buried my face into his built chest when he rested his cheek on my shoulder.

Suddenly I heard him gasp and he quickly placed his hands on my shoulders to hold me back at arm’s length with a face of realization and sadness. I looked back with one of surprise.

“Omo, Jimin, I almost forgot that tonight you wanted me to take you to that new Thai restaurant!” He let me go and went flitting off to the back of the house. I could barely hear him fretting about how hungry I must be. I glanced at the kitchen clock; it’s almost eleven at night! The restaurant wouldn’t even be open now! I walked into our shared bedroom to stop Hoseok from nearly running into a wall as he attempted to change his shirt. I caught him by his waist as he was about to knock blindly into the dresser while pulling the shirt over his head.

“Hobi, stop for a sec and listen to me,” I said softly and calmly, and he did so. I pulled the shirt back over his head and tossed it onto the bed. He stood facing me, shirtless and pouting. “You just need to rest for today. We can go a day when you’re not exhausted from work.”

“But I promised you today…” he practically whimpered. I didn’t want him feeling guilty over what’s out of his control, so I quickly planted a kiss on his pouting lips.

“It’s okay,” Then I got an idea, “I can cook for us tonight! You just sleep for a bit and I’ll wake you when I’m done.” He raised an eyebrow and chuckled.

“You mean leave you alone in a kitchen? Ha, I love you, but we have to live somewhere, and we can’t stay here when you burn the place down.” He laughed, I was glad I could cheer him up a bit with mention of my unskilled cooking. I pouted and pretended to be offended.

“But we can’t starve… I’ll just make something simple!”

“But Jiminnie—”

“Ah-ah! No buts, I’m cooking for us and that’s final!” I said and nudged him towards the bed. I gave his shoulder one final push and he flopped backwards onto the spread. I kissed his lips and then smiled down at him and patted his cheek twice before taking my leave. I closed the door behind me to muffle his objections.

I’ll make something Hobi will love.

I made it to the kitchen and immediately started digging around on top of the fridge for the cookbooks I know Hoseok keeps up here. I could only find one for breakfast and for gourmet dishes. I think we all know which one I chose. I want to cook well but I don’t want to push my luck. Besides, who doesn’t love waffles at midnight?

o-o-o-o-o-o-o

The plan was to make Belgian waffle complemented with a nice fluffy cheddar and bacon omelet. I referred to the book and looked at the page for the omelet and then the page for the waffles. Hmm, why keep flipping back and forth? I’m sure I’ll remember which instructions go with which food.

I cracked the eggs into a mixing bowl and added all the ingredients mentioned in the book for waffles on top. Hey, why don’t I just make an omelet-waffle?! Brilliant Jimin, absolutely brilliant! I added a couple more eggs for the omelet part and then looked to the book for which spices I should use.

The book said cinnamon for nice sweet waffles, and garlic powder for a savory omelet. I didn’t read how much, so I just put a couple tablespoons of both into the bowl. Okay, in goes the milk for the waffles, some bacon and a handful of cheese for the omelet, and… hmm, it seems like it’s missing something... Ah! I ran back to the cupboard and pulled out the containers of dessert toppings. Hmm, chocolate chips or sprinkles? Meh, little bit of both!

Alright, all done with the mixing part! Man, this omelet-waffle’s going to be delicious. My mouth was watering just imagining it! Now should I bake it or fry it? I looked to the trusty cookbook again, and it said how to flip the omelet in a frying pan. I pulled out the biggest one we had and dumped my mix in it. Whew, it just barely fits! I turned the fire up to medium heat—per the book—and watched it sizzle and bubble for awhile before poking at it with a spatula. After a few minutes, I managed to flip it. After five more minutes and my omelet-waffle was complete!

I retrieved a plate and transferred the big circle onto it. It looked a little crispy in places, but the sprinkles distracted from that enough so that Hobi won’t notice. I placed a fork perfectly in the center of my creation and maneuvered back into where my Hoseok was resting in our room. I nudged the door open with my foot as I needed two hands to carry the big plate, and I went in and set the plate down on the side table. I leaned down over my boyfriend and placed my face right over his and—

“HOBI, WAKE UP!!”

“Wah!” he nearly head-butted me when I scared him from his sleep. Well now he was surely fully awake enough to completely enjoy his meal. He gathered his bearings and seemingly sniffed at the air with a confused expression before his gaze landed on the plate next to him. He looked up at me with an eyebrow quirked as if to question what exactly it was I’d just placed in here for him.

“It’s an omelet-waffle!” I chirped, proud of my dish. He simply nodded and slowly tore a piece off with the fork. I stared at him, urging him to take a bite and tell me how it was, and he finally put the piece in his mouth. He chewed and swallowed with no trace of emotion passing his face. Well damn, how was I supposed to tell if he liked it or not?!

“Jimin, didn’t you say you would cook for us? I only see one waffle-omel—”

“Omelet-waffle” I corrected.

“Right,” he picked off another piece with the fork and held it up to my mouth, “Jimin, did you try your cooking?” I shook my head and unthinkingly chomped down on the rainbow, bacon-dotted bite.

I couldn’t even stomach it.

“BLEH!” I sprayed the food out of my mouth and back onto the plate. Cinnamon and garlic, bad combo! “Hobi, how could you even—”

“Haha, this isn’t you’re first time cooking for me, Jiminnie, I’m immune to your concoctions by now,” he said with his signature smile while ruffling my hair. I pouted and plopped down onto the bed, frowning.

“I’m sorry, Hoseokkie, I just wanted to try…” He cooed and wrapped an arm around my waist before leaning his head atop mine. Wordlessly, I hugged him back, needing the comfort.

“Don’t worry about it. Your creativity is commendable though,” he chuckled and I playfully slapped his chest, “How about this?” He pressed a kiss to my head before continuing, “I’ll make us some sandwiches instead and then it’s off to bed, alright?”

I just smiled and nodded.


A/N: Request from ParkYeonYoung97. Next chap will be up in a day or two!