It's Over

Disloyalty - Jay Park

"No" You told him truthfully as your eyes caught his, watching his eyes change from pleading to almost desperate.

"Why not?" Jay whispered quietly while his shoulders started to hunch forward while his hands slipped into his pockets as his tongue slowly slid over his quivering lip.

"Why not?" You scoffed, "How can I? For all I know you could just cheat on me again."

"I’m not going to cheat on you again" Jay defended, raising his voice a little.

"Then why did you cheat on me in the first place?" You questioned, standing across from your stunned, you watched him as you could tell that he was trying to say something but kept falling short.

"Was I not good enough for you? Not pretty enough? Not high profile enough? Were you ashamed of going into public with me? Do I not treat you well?" You shot questions at him from left and right as you watched as your words started to take a toll on him.

Meaning all of your words, you didn’t dare to take them back. Listening to him take in a deep breath, he let it out slowly while his head nodded in understanding.

"I get where you are coming from, but won’t you take me back? We can start over and forget about that I ever cheated on you." Jay tried one last time

"I don’t want you back Jay, not after you cheated on me. That is one thing that I will never forget." You told him as you looked into his eyes for the last time, "I can’t give you a second chance."

Clenching his jaw, he dropped his eyes and took a step backwards so you could close the door.

"I’m sorry, ______, I never wanted to hurt you" Jay confessed quietly

"But you did…" You grabbed the front door handle

"If you change your mind, you know where to find me." Jay took one last gaze at you, you started to close the door,

"Goodbye" You whispered before you closed the door and leaned your back against it.

Dropping your chin to your chest, you let out a deep breath and closed your eyes a moment just to make sure this is what you wanted.

"You did well Princess" Your father stood in the doorway of the other room. Slowly you opened your eyes and looked over at him while he made his way over to you.

"Why do I feel bad then?" Turning your head over to your father, you felt his hand gently rest on your shoulder and rub it lovingly.

"Because you loved him and you don’t want to see that good guy, you once loved, go" Your father explained quietly, "But that man has changed into someone who doesn’t deserve you anymore."

Leaning into his touch, snaking your arms around your father you hugged him gently while his hands patted your back. Holding you in his arms for a while, you rested your head against his strong shoulder as you closed your eyes and let some tears run down your cheeks.

"Thanks Dad, I am a little tired. I am going to head to bed" Pulling away from the hug, he nodded softly as his empathetic eyes moved slowly over your face as he lifted his hand worn hands and placed it on your cheek lovingly.

"Okay Princess, let me or your mom know if you need anything" He quietly offered.

"I will" You whispered before leaning in and kissing his cheek before giving him one last hug.

Breaking the hug, you slowly walked up the stairs letting your hand slide up the railing. Reaching the top of the stairs, you headed to your door and pushed it open just to close it behind you. Heading back to your bed and pulling down the covers, you plugged your phone into your charger before turned off your lights.

Finding it was way too dark and your heart feeling lonelier, you the lamp next to your bed. Sighing, you rolled over onto your shoulder just before your phone buzzed from a new message that came to your phone.

Pulling your phone over, you looked at the message. Seeing that it was from one of your childhood friends, you slid the message open letting your eyes read the message slowly.

Typing back with tears starting to blur your vision, you watched the messages form into a long and in depth conversation as the two of you continued to talk into the early morning hours. However the conversation halted when the two of you fell asleep letting the light from your screens push away the darkness.

The next morning, you woke up slowly while rubbing your eyes lazily pushing yourself upwards. Setting your lost phone on the desk next to you, folding down the covers on your bed, you slid your legs over the edge of the bed, gently resting your warm socked feet on the cool floor below.

Nonchalantly you padded down the stairs then into the kitchen before setting yourself on one of the stools beside the counter top.

"Did you sleep well, sweetie?" Your mother cooed softly as she brought over your breakfast and placed it in front of you.

"Yeah…" You hummed as you picked up your chopsticks and poked at your food a little. "Do you think that Daemin can come over today?" You asked taking a small bite between your lips.

"Sure~ Your dad and I have to go into town for a little bit" Your mom told you as your dad came down from upstairs and grabbed his cup of coffee and sipped it slowly before he kissed your mom’s temple.

"Okay~ I’ll just stay around here" You looked down at your food before taking another little bite between your lips.

"We could stay here if you don’t want to be alone" Your dad offered as your mom leaned against the counter.

"No, you two go have fun in town. I’ll be fine" You told them trying to sound convincing.

"Okay~ We are going to head out then, call if you need anything" Your mom smiled as you nodded. Your dad kissed the crown of your head before they headed out to the garage.

Once the door closed you heard the silence crowd around you, sighing deeply, you ate your breakfast quietly and slowly before you heard a knock on the door. Shuffling over to the door, you opened the door while running your fingers through your hair.

"Hey ____" A familiar voice cooed with a kind hum to it.