The Truth Shall Set You Free

Disloyalty - Jay Park

Slipping your phone out of your back pocket you lit up the screen to see the time. Unlocking your phone, you started to slowly walk back down the hall. A tightening feeling in your chest began to grow as you had to remind yourself to keep breathing. Closing your eyes for a few steps, you begged the tears to hold off until you got back to your car.

This wasn’t the first time that you two had yelled at each other, but it had been happening more recently and every time started to feel like the first time all over again. Tapping your thumb against the messaging app, you selected his name while you scrolled to the top of your messages.

Slowly rereading them over again, you watched him change from the ‘I miss you’s and the ‘I love you’, ‘I can’t wait to see you’ texts to a one sided conversation with only excuses coming from his side.

Working late tonight…
Manager called, have to go
Company meeting, going to be late
Not coming home tonight, need to practice for upcoming concert

All of the excuses were building up and you couldn’t take it anymore. Tucking your phone back into your pocket, the warm sunlight embraced you while you pushed opened the front doors to the company before you made your way to the parking garage.

Digging around in your purse to find your keys, you slid your key into the driver’s door and turned it. Pulling the door open, you slid into your seat and closed the door behind you. Letting the silence settle around you, you felt the warm tears brim your eyes once again.

Wiping away the threatening tears, you pushed the key into the ignition and started your car. The soft radio played in the background while questions while your mind churned wondering what to do while you drove slowly to your apartment.

Once home, you opened up your laptop and turned it on, letting it warm up you headed to your bedroom to change out of the cute yet casual outfit that you had on for Jay. A light grey knit sweater hung loosely over your torso while black tights kept your legs warm while your fingers played with your hair that cascaded over your shoulders.

Taking a seat on the couch, you pulled your laptop over your legs while you opened your internet browser. Finding some of your tabs opened from when Jay was home last you left them open and opened up another window and started to just try and pass time.

Catching up on some fan sites, you tried to figure out if the fans knew what was going on with Jay’s emotions. A beeping came from the computer as you tried to look around for where it was coming from. Clicking on other tabs, you made sure that no music was playing as you waited for the sound to chime once more. Going back to Jay’s window that was still opened, you noticed a chat window opened as you saw the name up top, Ailee.

Thinking that they were talking about work related issues and nothing more, your eyes couldn’t help themselves as they drew your attention down to the messages. Your heart started to pound against your chest as your breathing tried to calm yourself down before reading the recent message

Do you want a part two of last night ;)