Chapter 3

Only One Person

The news about Victoria and Kai engagement party already spread. Donghae shock with the news. He want to confess to Victoria that he love her too and want to say sorry because he easily reject her that day but he is late. The one that know that Victoria and Kai’s engagement is the plan of their parents is only Sulli. It is because she don’t want people talk negatively about her parents. She ask Kai to act like they are in love in front of the other and it’s not a hard task for him because he love her.

“Hi guys, noona sorry I’m late” Kai that just arrive sit beside Victoria kiss her cheek. Victoria shock by his sudden action but she is the one who ask his help to act like they are real in love.

“Really? This all real?!” Sehun asked and look at them both.

“Yes Sehun-ah” Victoria said.

“But why so sudden? You even already set the date of the marriage” Sehun ask innocently.

“Why? I want to hurriedly have her on my own” Kai said.

“Don’t tell me you make her pregnant?!!” Sehun make an assumption and Victoria cheeks reddened.

“How could you said that?!” Donghae hit Sehun.

“Auch hyung! It’s hurts” Sehun whined.

“It’s not like that, it just after I ask Vic noona to be my girlfriend and tell it to our parents they want us to make a further move. Besides that, we already know each other for so long” Kai said and Victoria nodded her head.

“But I still can’t believe it” Eunhyuk said.

“It’s not a prank isn’t it?” Eunhyuk asked.

“How could it be a prank? They even already make the invitation to the engagement party” Sehun said.

“But Kai is just 18…” Eunhyuk said silently.

“So what? Age is just a number isn’t?” Victoria said and everyone silent and focus on her.

“I love him so what’s the problem? Loving someone who is younger or older is not a sin isn’t it? I want to spend my whole live with Jongin that’s the matter and this is not some joke or anything. This is for my whole live because I choose someone who I live with until I die and I choose Kim Jongin” Kai speechless at Vic’s words, he want to stand up and kiss her in front of anybody here but he know he can’t. She just tell a lie.

“So you really do love Kai” Sehun said.

“Are you really forget me already?” Donghae asked, he feel so mad at that time because he still clearly remember her confession to him.

“After your confession to me 4 months ago? You really already forget me and move on?” Donghae look at her and she can’t see him.

“You say you love me and now you say you love Kai and gonna marry him? Are you really love him?” Donghae asked.

“Are you that easy to go to someone else? You just like another y girl that easily love someone and hurt them” Kai stand up from his seat.

“Hae it’s so rude!” Eunhyuk said.

“You! How could you said that?! you don’t have any right to say that!” Kai grab his collar and Sehun try to make Kai calm.

“She love you with all her heart, she love you even though you have someone else, she cry when you broke her heart and you never know that. Do you know she have so many tears when it comes to you? After the heart break you give to her why can’t she give up from her feeling? Back off hyung because she already move on” Kai give a death glare to Donghae then take Victoria hand and go out from the restaurant.

“Thank you..” Victoria said and he sees her cry.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The engagement party going on smoothly. Next year, they will be married. He is happy when he entered the same university with his fiancée but he never see Victoria smile whole heartedly like she use to in the past.  They rarely meet because Victoria seems so busy because it’s her final year in the college.

Donghae finally know that Victoria and Kai’s engagement and marriage is planned by their parents so he apologize to Kai. He tries to confess his feeling to her one day.

“I know your marriage with Kai is an arrange marriage so can you be mine instead of him. I will wait for you” and Victoria shook her head.

“You deserve better Donghae-ah, I’m Kai’s from the moment he give me this ring and I will try to loving him” Victoria said and Donghae step back.

“But I still love you though” Victoria said silently and Donghae who hear that can do nothing but hug her.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

“Vic you need anything?” Kai asked.

“I’m fine” Victoria smiled. They are star gazing together that night and Victoria is the one who ask him to accompany her.

“Are you feeling cold?” Kai asked again and Victoria shook her head.

“There are so many star, I want to tell my wish” Victoria said.

“If the star ask you to make a wish, what is your wish?” Kai asked.

“It’s a secret” Victoria said and place her hand on her lips.

“I love you Vic noona” Kai said.

“I love you for a long long time” Kai continue and Victoria look at him silently. Kai make a move and kiss her lips but she broke the kiss, it disappointed him.

“I’m sorry Kai, I feel tired” Victoria stand up and go. He want to run and catch her then tell her to take her time and love him but he doesn’t do anything that time. He is a coward and he know that.

The wedding day come, Kai feel so nervous and he also feel guilty to Victoria too. He knows she want to spend her life with someone that she love but now she is trapped with a kid like him that she never love even once.

“You nervous bro?” Sehun asked and Kai nodded his head.

“Take care my noona okay? Don’t hurt her” Sehun said.

“I hurt her many time Sehun-ah, I separate her with the one that she love, I make her life miserable and now she will live her whole life with someone like me. I’m scared I’m not good enough for her” Kai low his head.

“Hey, don’t be like that Kim Jongin! Don’t give up before you trying” Kai smiled.

He nervously wait her in the altar, she is so beautiful that he can’t think straight she looks like a goddess in front of him. When the time come where he should said the vow he look at her and smile.

“I do” Kai said the vow confidently and he see her in her eyes.

“I do” she said. Kai kiss her after that, she is officially his wife.

He sees her every day in the house yet he still miss her when he is in the class. Victoria already graduate and she open her own business with Sulli. They share the bed but she still cold in front of him and he sigh. After the lecture end he go straightly to his and Victoria’s home and the house is still empty because Victoria is still on her office. He decide to do his assignment and not long he hear a sound from outside and he know it is Victoria.

“Hey, you are home” Kai said and take her bag.

“You must be hungry, I will make food for you” she said and go to the kitchen. She is really a good wife, she do everything but he feel something so empty in his heart.

One day, a bad news changes everything, Victoria’s dad died. Victoria cry that night after the funeral, he hug her because he know she need comfort from someone.

“Jongin can you promise me you will never leave me alone?” Victoria asked and Kai kiss her head.

“I will never ever leave you, I promise because I love you” Kai said and Victoria hug him until she is fall asleep. Every day he said I love you to her but never once she said that word to him but he know she need time.

“Jongin…” Victoria try to wake Kai.

“Why? Is there something wrong? You have a nightmare?” Kai asked and Victoria nodded her head. Kai come closer and bring her close.

“I will sing you a lullaby but don’t mind my voice” Victoria nodded her head and Kai start singing for her. At that time hearing his voice make her calm and she feel safe on his embrace.