Chapter 2

Only One Person

Donghae go to the campus alone and he straight go to the library to find a book for his assignment. When he gets there and found the book, he go to the corner of the room to find some peace to do his assignment and what make him shock is he see Jessica his girlfriend make out with another man.

 “So this is what you do behind my back?” Donghae said and Jessica caught out of guard.

“It doesn’t like what you think Hae, he force me” Jessica said and try to prevent him from going.

“Do you think I believe it? Thank you for this 6 months let’s break up” Donghae leave Jessica dumbfounded at her place. 

Donghae fastest his walk and try to find Victoria and when he see her he grab her hand then take her to the park.

“Hey, what’s wrong?” Victoria asked and Donghae hug her.

“Jessica, she cheat behind my back” Donghae said. She could feel his tears on her shoulder, she want to cry when she is seeing him like this.

“Don’t cry, you’re a man Donghae-ah she is not worth your tears” Donghae tightened his hug.

“She is my first girl friend and I love her. It’s hurts” Victoria just tapped his back.

“Move on Donghae, you deserve better” Victoria said.

“I don’t think I can” Donghae said.

“Can’t you love me Donghae-ah” Victoria said briefly and take a deep breath.

“I love you since when we were in high school, I thought I just like you at first but I realize that I love you I really do” Victoria said and Donghae just frozen at his place.

“I never thought you love me but…” Victoria wait Donghae to continue his words.

“I don’t feel the same way, maybe I need time” Donghae leave Victoria alone. She feel her heart broke into pieces and she go took the cab to somewhere else.

She calls Sulli but she didn’t pick her call, the only one that she can think beside Sulli is Kai. One ring two ring finally he pick his phone.

“Yes noona what’s wrong?” she hears Kai speaking her tears falling.

“I’m sorry to disturb you but I really need you right now” Victoria said.

“Where are you?” Kai asked.

“I’m going to Han River right now”

“I’ll be there, don’t go anywhere and wait for me” Kai stand up from his seat.

It’s the first time for him lying to the teacher saying that he is not feeling well and want to go home. He is not a good student or smart student but he never missed a class and lying to teacher like this. When Victoria call him he become really excited but when he pick up and hear her voice trembling and crying he become panicked. He go hurriedly to Han River and see her sitting alone.

“Noona?” Kai touch her shoulder and she turn around.

“Kai..” Victoria hug him. He can feel his heart beating so fast because the hug and he hug her back. Right now what Victoria need the most is someone’s comfort her and hug her.

“Why you are crying noona?” Kai asked.

“Donghae… he doesn’t love me back it hurts Kai it hurts so much when he rejected me”               Kai tightened the hug and caress her hair.

“Hush don’t cry, you still have chance, we still young you never know what will happen in the future” Kai said and he regret it.

“You right, I still have a chance I can make him fall in love with me” Victoria smile.

“Thank you Kai, you are the best brother I ever had” Victoria said and Kai feel a thousand of knife hit his heart and he force a smile.

“I’m sorry I make you miss your class” Victoria said.

“It’s okay, I never get a chance to spend time alone with you noona and I like it” Kai said and look at her.

“You right, I’ve been busy with Sulli or Sehun all the time” Victoria said and still looking ahead.

“Can you see me noona?” Kai said inside his head and look at her lovingly. He can see her big eyes that make her cute, her kissable lips and her cheek that he want to touch.

After the day Victoria confessed her feeling to Donghae, he keep avoiding her as much as he can. He never want to go out with her anymore and he ignore her text message. She can’t let their friendship end just like this so she decided to talk with him.

“Donghae, can we talk after class?” Victoria asked and Donghae nodded his head.

“What’s wrong between you two? I feel weird” Sulli asked and Victoria tell Sulli everything.

“Oh I’m sorry I didn’t pick your call, I’m with Minho that time” Sulli said and pouting her lips.

“it’s okay honey” Victoria said.

When the lecture end Sulli bid goodbye to Victoria and she go to Donghae.

“Let’s talk in the park” Victoria said and Donghae followed her.

“Hae why you seems like avoiding me?” Victoria asked and Donghae stretch his head.

“No I’m not, I just need some time alone Vic” Donghae said and Victoria sigh.

“About what I said that day just forget it, please don’t ignore me anymore” Victoria said.

“I don’t want our friendship off just like this” Victoria lowers her head.

“I never ignore you, I just have so many thing to do that’s all” Donghae come nearer her and hug her.

“I’m sorry” Donghae said.

After the conversation, everything come back to normal. They still hang out together but Sulli become busy with her boyfriend Minho. Donghae in another hand side start to have a feeling for Victoria, after she confessed to him he start to observe her and give a lot of attention to her and because of that he start to have a feeling toward her.

One day, Victoria that just finished her lecture with Sulli go to the café near their campus and have a girl talk then her phone ringing endlessly. When she answer the call she hurriedly go out from the café and go to the hospital.

“Mom! What happen to dad? Is something wrong?” Victoria asked worriedly. She got a call from her mom saying that her father go into hospital.

“Your dad condition is really bad honey” Victoria hugs her mom tightly and tears come out from her eyes. She can’t let bad thing happen to her family and she love her father so much.

Not long after that Kai and his parents come. Kai that just arrived seeing Victoria sit weakly in the waiting room come rushing to her. He feel so worried about her and seeing her condition that really weak right now make his heart hurt.

“Noona are you okay?” Kai asked and Victoria just simply nodded her head. Kai sit beside Victoria and he could see that their parents have a serious talk. Sulli keep asking him about Victoria so he reply her message and tell her not to worry, when he is busy replying message he feel something soft on his shoulder. He turns his head and see Victoria fall asleep on his shoulder. Smile craped around his face, he adjust his sit position to make her more comfortable.

“Even when your sleeping you still look so beautiful” Kai whispered to her sleeping figure.

“Jongin..” Kai look at his parents.

“Oh My poor Victoria, she must feel so tired” Kai’s mom said.

“I’m going to accompany Vic’s mom in here, can you take Victoria home? Your dad will drive and you should sleep in Vic’s house. Don’t leave her alone” Kai’s mom said.

“It’s okay Jinhee-ah, she will be all right on her own” Victoria’s mom said.

“She need someone to accompany her, let Kai sleep at your house okay?” Kai’s mom told Victoria’s mom and she nodded her head.

“Noona wake up” Kai softly wake her up.

“I’m sorry Kai, your shoulder must be hurt” Victoria said and stand up.

“Mom how’s dad condition?” Victoria asked and approach her mom.

“He is still in the operation room, you should go home honey Mrs. Kim will accompany me here and Kai will sleep in our house to accompany you okay honey?” Victoria nodded her head obediently.

Donghae heard about Victoria’s dad condition from Sehun because Kai call him. He try to search for her in the campus and he sees Victoria with pale face walk alone. He can see the black area under her eyes that showing that she is not sleeping enough.

“Hey, I heard about your father” Donghae said softly.

“Are you all right?” Donghae asked and Victoria nodded her head.

“Want me to take you to hospital later?” Donghae asked and again Victoria just nodded her head.

When the lecture finish he come to Victoria and take her to a restaurant to make her eat. He feel so worried about her and beside that he know that Victoria really love her father.

“Hey you should eat” Donghae said.

“I’m not hungry Hae, I want to go hospital right now” Victoria said and just touching her food.

“No, eat first before we leave okay? Please I don’t want you to sick and if you also sick your mom will be worried too. So eat okay?” Donghae try to persuade her and finally she eat.

When they arrived at the hospital Donghae can’t stay long in there because he still have a group assignment that he need to finish off that day.

“Vic, I’m sorry I must go” Donghae look at her with sad place.

“It’s okay, thank you anyway” Victoria smile weakly, Donghae come near her.

“Don’t sick take care of yourself, promise me” Victoria nodded her head and Donghae kissed her forehead. Victoria frozen at her place, she doesn’t know what happen and why Donghae do that. Victoria try to forget it and focus on her father.

Her dad’s condition become more better after the operation, Victoria can see her father able to sit at his bed.

“Dad” Victoria hugs her dad tightly.

“It’s okay honey, I’m fine” her dad said and Victoria wipe her tears.

“Honey, can you grant me a wish?” her dad said.

“What is it dad?”

“I want to see you get married and I don’t want our business broke down” Victoria’s dad said weakly.

“Right now our company have a financial crisis and there is no one who can help us beside Kim’s family” Her dad try to explain to her.

“I will tell her honey, you should rest” Victoria’s mom said.

“I don’t understand so what’s with that?” Victoria asked.

“Victoria, we decide to arrange a marriage for you and Kai” Victoria’s mom talk carefully.

“What?? Are you guys crazy? He is 3 years younger than me and he is still a high school student! I see him as my brother” Victoria said and shook her head.

“Yes we know it all but Kai will graduate from high school next month you can’t forget that. Age is not a problem honey” Victoria’s mom said.

“No mom, I can’t do this! I don’t love him I want to marry a man that I love” Victoria keep shook her head.

“Please Victoria can you do this for mom and your dad?” Victoria’s mom grab her hand.

“You know your dad company is the most important thing in his life, Vic I know this is selfish but can you marry him? Your dad condition is not good and he doesn’t want to ask help without do something in return. Love can grow over time honey” Victoria weakly nodded her head.

When Kai heard his parents plan he is happy but also disappointed at the same time. Yes he want to have her but not in this circumstances. When he hears Victoria agree with the engagement and the marriage thing he call her.

“Noona.. I don’t know that the thing will be like this” Victoria sighed.

“It’s okay Jongin, there is nothing that we can do” Victoria said weakly.

“Kai, can you pretend like we were truly in love? I don’t want other people to bad mouthing about my dad. you know my dad’s business is not doing well and with the news of  our engagement and your father help people will make a bad assumption toward my father” Kai smile softly hearing her request, he know she love her father very much.

“Okay, I got it” Kai said and Victoria thank him. Kai end the call and he can’t sleep. He promise to himself he will make her happy and be the luckiest girl in this world. 

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Thank you all for reading my story and also thank you for comment on my story.

Please kindly subscribe and comment to give me a fresh idea :) sorry for my grammar mistake