Heart beats fast

Together Forever
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Weeks passed. TaeTiSeo continued their Holler promotions. And because of their regular activities as a sub-unit, Taeyeon saw ample chances to take advantage of Tiffany. No matter where they were or who they were with, the older always found means to get her way on the younger. Tiffany attempted to resist every time but all she got were constant glares and threats, leaving her with no choice but to just go with it. The control that Taeyeon had over her was too strong and it’s absolutely terrifying. The only thing Tiffany felt relieved that their leader still knew her limitations and had not made Tiffany do horrible things she would otherwise do. Well, at least not yet.

The other girls tried their best to move on from what happened. Despite having doubts about the future of their group, they welcomed the new opportunities that came to them with arms wide open. Their busy schedule kept them away from drifting further in the misery put up by the departure of Jessica, and from surrendering to the guilt of knowing they were partly to blame. They’re unexpectedly getting used to being an 8 member group. They just had to. Everyone seemed contented with their present careers and personal lives. But not Tiffany. She’s far from being okay and she doubted she would ever be. Jessica’s not responding to her messages and voicemails, and it’s making her crazy…sad…remorseful… and lonely.

***

It’s just an ordinary Sunday. But for the members of Girls’ Generation, it’s one of their rare ‘free’ days- no appointments, no photo shoots, no fan meet, no filming- and they wanted to make the most out of it. Given that some of them already left and were now living with their families- they kind of missed hanging out like this- just chilling and not caring about the world outside the corners of their humble dorm. They did a marathon of the movies and dramas they’d been longing to watch, and planned to have dinner together.  Taeyeon and Hyoyeon were supposed to cook but they’re both too lazy to even prepare the ingredients, so they ended up ordering meals from their favorite restaurant. The sasaeng fans also started stalking them again day and night ever since the news about Jessica broke out. It would be too risky for them to go out without their managers.

While waiting for their foods to arrive, Hyoyeon suggested that they should have some ‘group talk’ since they hadn’t been able to do it for quite a while now. The six girls bumming on the couches and the floor agreed with an apparent lack of interest.

“So.., Who wants to start?” Hyoyeon asked enthusiastically.

“You do it, Hyo. This is your idea, right?”

“Yes. But I think you should go first, Sooyoung. It seems like you have a lot to say to the group. ”

“I don’t. You are the ‘busiest’ among us so you have a lot more to say.”

“What are you trying to say here, Choi Sooyoung?”

“Nothing! I’m just saying how busy you are…traveling and partying… with that Junghyun guy and his douche bag friends”

“I never meddled with your personal life, Sooyoung. So you better back-off from prying on mine. What I do and who I do it with is none of your business. Got it?”

The other girls watched the two intensely stared at each other. The tension that unknowingly formed between them the past months was now beginning to come out. They were once the closest. But for whatever reasons they couldn’t pinpoint, a fracture slowly made their relationship fell apart. Perhaps deep inside they knew why but they’re just too stubborn to even acknowledge it.

“Hey! So can you two stop?” We’re here to enjoy not fight.” Yoona interfered but was only mocked by Sooyoung.

“Why, Yoona? I’m not informed that you’re the new leader now.” Sooyoung shook her head and took a glance at Hyoyeon who discreetly wiped the lone tears that started to roll down her cheeks. Sooyoung was tempted to approach her and apologize but the blonde already occupied herself with her phone, acting like nothing happened. Sooyoung could only scoff at that.

 “YAH! SOOYOUNG!”

“Aish~ I wonder what Seunggi saw in you. You’re so boisterous!”

“And I wonder how Kyungho oppa keep up with a shikshin like you.”

“What the!”

The loud voices of Sooyoung and Yoona made the sound of the front door being opened and closed unheard. They didn’t even hear the footstep thuds coming from the hallway.

Tiffany halted on the entrance of the living room and saw the two shikshins smothering each other. She turned around and was about to go to her room, but Yuri noticed her.

“Oh! Fany-ah!”

Tiffany glanced back and was surprised to see that all eyes were on her. Even Sooyoung and Yoona stopped bickering.

“Huh?”

“You went out?”

“Uh.. yeah”

“Where did you go?”

The question sounded normal but Tiffany knew better. It was Taeyeon asking and it’d meant trouble if she didn’t give a proper response

“Uhhhmmm… At the…convenience store…”

“What convenience store?”

“Uhm…the one…beside the bakery…”

“Why did you go there?”

“I… I needed to… buy something”

“What did you buy?”

“…”

“Why are you not answering me, Fany-ah?”

“…”

“Are hiding something, Miyoungie?”

“…”

“Oh please, Taeyeon! Give Tiffany a break! Don’t mind her, Miyo

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter