The end

Remember me always

 

 

 

Seunghyun caught her in his arms, taking her weight with ease. Rain drenched them they engaged themselves with a sweet welcoming embrace. He kissed her on the cheek, putting his arm around her waist pulling her close. Immediately Bom shied looking away. She wasn't used to him gazing at her with endearing loving eye's. Bashfully she rested her head on his shoulder. He still couldn't believe the news Siwon had given him.

Her presence alone made him feel like a fool. A fool because it took him so long to get to this point.

His mind with her near seemed consumed with nothing more then thoughts of love and lust for her. Now that she was his, he wanted to be the only man she ever looked at. Holding her in his arms he could feel the slight hesitation radiating off of her. She was nervous. Not that stopped him, gently he her hair feeling her tention begin to fade as she eased into him. In his mind he could picture all of the things he wanted to do with her. The way he wanted to hold her. The way it would feel if she came home to him every night. Imaging a life with her was as easy as breathing.

The slight turn of her lips ensures him that coming here was the right decision.

"Bom, why didn't you tell me? You what never mind it doesn't matter. What matter's is now, and I'm never leaving you."

The sound of his voice, or maybe it was the way he said her name, low and sweet makes her look up at him.

"Seunghyun I'm scaried."

"it's okay Bom. We'll get through this together. I promise."

A single tear fell from her eye as she tried to smile for him. The casual brushes of her hand, the way her hair tickled his chin, the way she smelled made his imagination run wild. He loved the smell of her cocount shampoo. It was a scent that reminded him of her and the times they played together. The only problem was he had waited too long and now their time was running short.

Life was cruel that way. Closing his eyes he leaned in breathing her scent in. 

As calm as he seemed on the outside, inside he was terrified. The thought of losing her just as he got her scaried him. Her tention melted feeling all of the desperation he held for her. He tried his best to reassure her that everything would be okay.

It had to! It just had to! He couldn't lose her just yet, it wasn't fair. He just confessed his love to the only woman he would ever love, so cancer was NOT an option. She could and would not lose to that demon. What would happen to him, if she couldn't be by her side. Just thinking about their grim fate his smile faltered as reality slashed through this sweet moment.

Silence follows as they remand still. Quietly Bom looked up at him letting her eyes rover over his face, down his arms and back. With her crestfallen expresion, he couldn't tell if she was happy or not. Holding his breath, patiently he waited anxious awaited for a possitive response from her. Seunghyun was afraid to even speak, afraid that if he did she would cry. Bom's eyes move back and forth, questioningly. He wanted to yell Yes, just touch me already but right now wasn't the time. Her confession was just a nightmare and tommorow he would awake and everything would be precisely like the way they always were.

"Thank-You Tabi."

Seunghyun swallowed hard hearing his name roll off her tongue.

"It's no problem. You know no matter what happens I'll always take care of you and always be by your side.

"Seunghyun I'm ready."

That was all he needed to hear. No other words were needed, he understood perfectly what she was talking about. Grabbing her hand he led her down the hall. In silence he held her hand steadily as he lead her to the bed softly placing her on her back.Whimpering slightly he could see the uneasiness surfacing in her eyes.

"Are you sure you want to do this?" he asked.

She smiled affectionately, showing the warm tenderness in her eyes, that he was used to seeing.

"The first time is always scary Tabi. Anybody knows that silly."

Bom patted the spot on the bed next to her winking. Seunghyun couldn't help but laugh, not at her but with her. She made everything in his life. Taking the spot next to her, he put his arm around her letting her snuggle up against his chest, resting her head on top of him.

Bom pulled him down pressing her soft inviting lips against his.Tenderly he smiled back knowing that was all the reassurance he needed. At that moment he realized something. He was no longer afraid to admit.

 I, Seunghyun Choi was unconditionally and irrevocably in love with Park Bom.

Blissful happiness and relief pumped through my veins as Park Bom kissed him back. Putting a hand on her waist while his other hand was played with my hair. She returned the embrace, squeezing him even tighter. Her lips were soft, warm and welcoming. This moment was exactly what he had imagined it would be. It was perfect and he wanted to keep it in his memory forever. Eventually he pulled away, huge grins plastered on their faces as the tension, sadness and stress was all gone.

"Why didn't you tell me sooner. 

"I was afraid it might damage everything we had… I didn't want you to leave me"

Bom looked so innocent and sincere that he just stood there and contemplated her perfection. Seughyun was woken out of his thoughts by Bom's lips brushing hesitantly over his before he could respond and asked concerned.

Bom stopped for a moment letting out a small whimper, wincing from pain. Silently Seunghyun watched, knowing there was nothing he could do to help her. Soon it pasted and Bom affectionately smiled weakly.

"What's on your mind?" she asked.

"I was just thinking… I never told you how much you mean to me. Not even as a friend. And trust me when I say, that you are my everything, and my life would be nothing without you. I didn't want to lose you either. I have been in love with you since, well forever but just like you said, I didn't want to ruin what we had. I'm sorry I never had the courage to hold you until now. But I realize that was probably my biggest mistake. I love you, Bom." he whispered

"I love you too," she answered back.

"One more thing…" I said, removing hair out of her eyes

"Yes?" he said smiling

"I just want to let you know: you are gorgeous" she giggled.

"Look who's talking…" he murmured

Bom blushed as Seunghyun cupped her face in his hands and said "Don't deny it" before giving her a kiss on the forehead. She tried to relax but but wasn't possible though she remained calm and willing. Delicately as he could he slid one of his hands behind Bom's neck to pull her close to him tasting her precious lips. His kiss deepened making Bom lose her breath.

His loose hand slid under her the thin shirt she wore as a nightgown. His kiss deepened and she found herself short of breath, yet he refused to pull away. A second hand slid under her gown, rubbing back and fourth across the soft cotton that separated his fingers from her mound. At his touch, a soft sounding grunt escaped and together they made love for the first time.

Seunghyun paused for a moment looking into her eyes "Bom, will you marry me?"

She wide smile had given him his answer. "Yes."

 

Although the words may change slightly over time and the memory of all the little details may fade, you’ll never forget how excited and happy you felt that day! In the midst of planning your wedding, you may have moments where you stop and ask yourself,

“Why a wedding? Why are we making such a big deal of this one day?”

Well to Bom and I it meant the world.

After years of being a dummy and finally figuring out my true feelings, I proposed wanting to do nothing more then give her endless experiences together. Unfortunately with the news that Bom gave me we had to wait. She had been battling cancer for the past year now and we stayed focused on his health first, expecting to plan when it was all over. After three different intensive chemotherapies, a major surgery, and lots of sleepless nights in the hospital. We discovered a small little miracle growing inside.

I still remember the doctor pulling me aside and giving me the news. The happy smiles I recieved, the tears that fell as I cried tears of joy. The fear that came with the new discovery and the zillion questions that go through your head. Especially when you still a baby yourself. Even though your happy doubts about whether or not you'll be any good at being a parent. And of course good news is usually accompanied by bad news, and the bad news left me completely devasted.

If she chose to give birth the chances of her survival was slim to none. How could I make a decision like that? My choice was to either abort the new living human being we created with love, just to sacrifice the love of my life. Somehow I felt unjustified and bitter. In the end I let Bom make the decision. I knew she wouldn't heave the heart to kill our child and I had to accept the fact that fate was not in my hands and just pray for a happy outcome.

Treatment was discontinued after that. We were told there was nothing else to do but treasure the rest of the months he had left. The one thing that remained important to us was to get married, so we set a date for two months out and began dreaming up our wedding.

Not long after, Bom's health took a turn for the worse we could do nothing but push up the date of the wedding.

With a week notice and the help of Siwon dear and family, we were able to do the thing that mattered the most to us: we got married. As emotional and difficult as parts of the day were, it was the most special day of our lives and of our relationship together.

For the ceremony we had everyone stand instead of sit, both because of space limitations and because we wanted it to feel intimate. I remember walking in the door with her dad, having to turn a little corner, seeing so many people and just searching for her. She was all I wanted to see. She met me in the middle of the room and we just embraced each other for a minute before the ceremony started. I just remember thinking I’d never felt more sure of anything in my life and that was a wonderful feeling.

I really wanted a chalkboard incorporated in some how. We decided to put one above the fireplace, which was the backdrop of the ceremony as a way for everyone to express themselves. I came up with the idea as I remembered how my little village told me stories about my mother when she was down and I wanted people to be able to express what Bom meant to them.

“You will not believe how glad I am to have met you.” It was definitely my favorite piece, and I even used the quote as the basis of my vows.

Our wedding took place in the restaurant that Siwon's family owned. His family became miracle worker's. We set the date on a Thursday and we were married just three days later on Sunday. Without them I don't think any of it would have been made possible. Siwon and I helped with everything and they let us do anything we wanted. I’ll never forget what she said to me the morning after the wedding when I came to retrieve our stuff. I kept thanking her and thanking her and she said to me

“The two of you have been through so much this year, I just wanted to be able to say yes to anything you wanted.”

I always knew Siwon was Mr. Perfect but I never knew he was an angel. His whole family became angels that week.

One of Bommies passions was food and cooking, and his said she could make anything we liked, so we decided on the menu ourselves, which was one of the few things Bom was able to help with and he really enjoyed doing so. With some of Siwon's mother's suggestions, mixed in with some meaningful meals we’d shared through our relationship, we came up with a pretty awesome menu, even if most of the dishes seemed to mostly involve corn and watermelon.

The best advice I received while planning our wedding actually came from Siwon“Just approach the entire event as a blank slate, and don’t do things because you think it’s what you’re supposed to do…Make the day what you want it to be – there are no rules.”
 
As soon as that clicked in my head, wedding planning was a lot easier. Traditions are beautiful, wonderful things, but it’s figuring out which ones are important to you that give meaning to a wedding. A wedding doesn’t need to be what’s expected. It’s deciding what expectations you have and what represents your love. We didn’t have a wedding party or a first dance. We didn’t toss the bouquet or cut the cake. We realized a few days later we didn’t even say “I do” during the ceremony! That might not be okay for everyone but it worked for us, and looking back on it, there was more love in that room than I have ever experienced in my life. That’s what we wanted our wedding to be about: our love for each other and for our friends and family. We may have only had a few days to put it together but we both agreed we would have done it exactly the same even if we’d had years to plan.
 
The next few month's after became the toughest experience of my life as I watched her deteriate in front of me. I prepared myself for the worst and knew the day would eventually come.

Bom grew irritable, uncomfortable, aching, over it, and most of all, just desperate to meet her little one. According to her doctors it was a miricle that she even lkasted this long in the first place.  Her last check-up suggested that if she hasn't ‘gone’ by the end of the week she'll be induced.

I imagine the worst whenever I was away from her, her being short-breathed, huffing and heaving around a massive belly, with swollen face, hands and feet to match. struggling to get up off the couch, wrestling with her own legs to get a pair of socks on, pointing her fat accusing finger at the next person who suggests a bath, a walk, a curry, a dose of castor oil, or God forbid, a romp…though I wouldn't have minded that suggestion at all. Luckily no one took her crankiness too heart.

She got induced because she had Gestational Diabetes and Polyhydramnios (too much fluid around the baby) and they started induction on September 1st at 8.30am. 

She started having very intense contractions - 5ish in 10 mins - couldn't handle them, they were soooo bad - we find out why they were so bad in a minute. Within minutes she started having more contraction's and Bom' heart rate dropped.

I didn't know wtf was going on and every time i had a contraction, her HR would drop to like 40. Soon they kicked me out and had me wait outside. All I could hear was her screaming and low voices murmuring in the distance. It was enough to make any sane person mad. Cunfused i didn't know what to do anymore. Then again there was nothing I could do. I had endured 37 painstaking hours of this before my beautiful 11 pound little girl was born. Her face looked like she had been in the boxing ring with Mike Tyson because of all the banging into my bones. Poor little mite, even her tongue was bruised. Oh, but it was all worth it, she was worth it of course…

Grievously Bom didn't make it through the night, her body was to weak and frail to survive. She didn't even have any strength left to hold her when I showed her our little girl.

"So what should we name her?" I asked.

"Ga-Eul." translation fall.

I obviously couldn't say no and besides that it was fitting. It was the beginning of fall, I met Bom in the fall, we played together in the fall, and we fell in love in the fall and in the end I lost Bom in the fall. So that was that September 3rd Ga Eul Choi was born and September 3rd was the passing of Park Bom.

For the longest time I used to awake in the quiet darkness. I could feel her ghostly touch linger on my cheek. I imaged her standing before smiling , her chocolate eye's piercing into my soul. I held her gaze for what seemed like eternity. 

"I've missed you." I whispered into the air.

I still remember the emptiness I felt waking up alone. Her presence still lingered in the back of his mind. Barely a day ever passed that wouldn't make me think of her in some way.

Even now standing in the isolated woods in front of the pond we spent playing in reminded me of her. Ever where I looked there was some kind of memory of her here. I could still here her voice against the blowing wind. Feel her presence as I stood by the lake. I could see her smile if I closed my eyes. Years later my love for her still burns like a fire, in my deepest self.

Now you're all probably wondering why on earth did I make this huge ordeal about finding her to my mother? The answer to that is simple my mother had grown alzeimers and throughout the years she stopped remembering certain things. At first it was simple things and gradually became worse. Regrettable she couldn't even remember her grand daughter's name. Ga-Eul voice and personality as she grew reminded her of Bom. Soon she began calling her Bom and treating her like her. 

Ga Eul was sympathic though she couldn't understand and played along. I had sent her away temporarily when I knew her day's where out numbered. I couldn't have her sit back and watch, it was just to painful.

"Appa."

Speak of the devil.

"I had so much fun at Uncle Siwon's. You should of been there." she giggled. "I made Yi Jung stick his hands in a can full of worms. You should of saw his face. Is that grandma?"

"Yes it is, why don't you go wait by the pond. I'll be right over."

Older now Siwon still looked the same, just a few grey hairs.

"I hope she wasn't a handful?"

"Of course not, besides that that's what families do. They help one another."

Did I mention Siwon was an angel here on earth.

"Besides tha twe all know how much she loves torturing my son Yi Jung." he snickered. "So are you ready?" his eyes moved to the jar.

"As ready as I ever will be."

Holding the last remains of my mother, I found the courage to sprinkle her ashes letting the stream take her away to her final resting place as the warm september breeze blew against them like a blessing. This was the one place I knew she would always be happy, because it was the one place that always made us happy.

Good-bye without reasons is the most painful one, Love without reasons is the most beautiful one.

The two most precious women in my life left me without ever giving me a last good-bye and the same two women I learned to love without a reason. There is no love without forgivness and no forgivness without love. Forgivness does not change the past but it does enlarge the future. I can't erase the past, nor would I want to because then I wouldn't be the person I am today.

Besides that everyone knows that true love stories never have endings. It only gets stronger and in the end I know I'll be reunited with the both of them.