Prelude

Remember me always

My mother wanted to see me one last time before her time ran out. Rushing to the hospital immediately I saw how weak my mother was as tears streamed down my cheeks. I knew she was sick but I never knew it was to this extent. As always she hid it well and never showed me any of her pain. 

I whispered, "Why didn't you tell me earlier? Why did you hide this from me?"

She looked at him and smiled weakly.

"When I told you I didn't want you to suffer from facing another loss, I meant this. I didn't want to tell you because I didn't want you to worry. I just wanted to spend my last days with you cheerfully.".

"You can't leave me!" I said. "What will I be without you?"

"You'll be who you are now. I will always be there by your side. Never forget that. Cherish those times. Live life happily. And one more thing."

"Yes?"

"I love you Seunghyun. You're my pride and joy son and you know that the only thing I want is for you to be happy."

"Mother I am happy." I quietly spoke bitting back tears seeing his mother's bitter smile.

Her small hand softly my cheek as she exhaled in pain closing her eyes. A single tear fell from her sorrowful eyes.

Painfully I sat still feeling like I was drowning in my own skin knowing there was nothing I could do for her, but hold her fragile hand as she took her last remaining breath.

"Seunghyun my little sweetheart, I'm going to be fine, you have no reason to worry about me. Besides good-byes are for the lonely. I know you mean well, but it breaks my heart hearing the pain in your voice. I know you must have a million bite marks on your tongue from all the things you never said. Please son promise me that you'll do me one last favor?"

"Anything."

"Life is too short to live with regrets and sometimes you will never know the true value of a moment until it becomes a memory. I know deep down something is missing," Slightly shaking her hand traveled down stopping at his heart."here." she jabbed him. "The only person you are destined to become, is the person you decide to be. Alway yourself to hope, to believe and to trust again. Don't let a few bad memories stop you from having a good life. So my only request for you is to find your happiness and just learn to be happy and live it to the fullest and Seunghyun,"

"Yes?"

"Please go and find Bom. If finding her is the key to your happiness, then find her. Saying good-bye is the most painful way to solve a problem and leave's you with unfinished business. If finding her is the key to your happiness then find her, The only way you'll ever know if you two were meant to be is if you find her. 

I couldn't help but chuckle, her request seemed like a no brainer. For the most part I did live happily. There was only one part in my life that needed vast improvement. That was my love life. No matter whom I dated in life none of them ever held a flame like my first love did, and my mother's intuition seemed to know it. Goodbyes can make you think. They make you realize what you had, what you lost and what you've taken for granted. Sometimes, we just don't appreciate people who really care for us until they leave us or until we lose them. By then it's too late and regrets are born. It's better to tell someone how much you love them now than to not tell them and lose them.

Though I did confess my heart and soul to her, I regretted letting her go that night. Something told me, I should of ran after her that night, but I let the thought pass and regretted ever since. That was the last time I ever saw her. I guess it was never meant to be and I learned to accept that. Why she was bringing it up, I was't sure. And to be honest, I wouldn't even know where to really begin, if I ever did try to find her. 

"Of course I always do."

"That's my good boy."

With one last smile towards me, she closed her eye's for the final time. It would be a while before I could accept her death. I had spent the last remaining month with her. Taking her everywhere she wanted to go. It was my way of saying Thank-you. Pleasing her, her warm smile warming my soul. One short month was not enough for me to ever repay her for all of the sacrifices she made just to give me everything I ever needed in life. I knew she would always be keeping an eye on me from Heaven.

To fufill her wish, I could only think of one place for her final resting place. The place everything started. The place I met her, my first love. The place that meant the world to us and maybe just maybe be able to fulfill her last dying wish.

 
 
I'm so, so, so sorry. I didn't think it would take me this long to write this. Good news is I'm just about done with it. =D Just a few tweaks here and there. This didn't quite fit with the story so I made it a prelude. A million thanks to all of you waiting patiently for my slow poky . Hope you like the prelude. Enjoy!