Chapter 9 - Unexpected Visit

After Effect

Taekwoon had fallen asleep on Sanghyuk's shoulder, though there was still an hour left in their movie. Sanghyuk sighed and paused the movie and reached over and softly moved the hair out of his face. Taekwoon smiled in his sleep, and Sanghyuk smiled too.

He sighed and looked up at the ceiling. Oh, how time flies. Only 5 days until Jaehwan's big Christmas party. BtoB, EXO, and GOT7 were all invited, and knowing all of them, they were going to all show up. 

A knock on the door made Sanghyuk sigh. Slowly, he got up and answered the door. A mother and son were standing there. "Umm, hello?" Sanghyuk asked with a smile.

"Does a Jung Taekwoon live here?" The mother asked, holding the young boy's hand.

"Yeah, let me get him." Sanghyuk left them at the door with it open. He went over to the couch and shook Taekwoon awake. "Woonie, wake up, you've got guests."

Taekwoon sat up and looked at the door. "Mr. Jung!" The little boy ran in, and ran to the couch. "Mr. Jung I got you a present for Christmas!" The mother walked in slowly as she facepalmed herself. Sanghyuk got up and walked over to her.

"Is he your son's teacher?" Sanghyuk asked while crossing his arms as he stared at them.

"Yeah. He's his favorite." The mom said, sounding a little sad.

"Mr. Jung!" The boy almost yelled, sounding super excited.

"Yoo Min, what are you doing here?" Taekwoon rubbed his eyes and smiled at his student.

"I got you a present!" He handed the box to Taekwoon and smiled. He was just so excited.

"You shouldn't have... What is it?" Taekwoon shook the box and didn't hear anything.

"It's a present, you're not supposed to know!" Yoo Min kicked off his shoes and climbed onto the couch and sat down, crossing his legs.

"I'm opening it now." Taekwoon ripped the paper away and opened the box. Inside, there was one singular stuffed animal. A light brown bear with a pink bow around it's neck. "Oh my god, it's so cute."

"Do you like it?" Yoo Min asked after he put the box on the coffee table and grabbed the small stuffed animal.

"Yes, it's perfect." He reached over and ruffled his hair. "I feel bad."

"Why?" Yoo Min asked, looking worried suddenly.

"I have nothing to give you." Taekwoon sighed and looked back at the mom and Sanghyuk. Sanghyuk smiled widely and jumped up.

"Yes you do! Let me go get it!" Sanghyuk ran up the stairs. The mom walked over to the couch and glared at her son.

"Kim Yoo Min, get off his couch and put your shoes back on." Yoo Min did as his mother said. "I'm sorry, Mr. Jung, he just got so excited."

"It's okay. I love my present. Thank you." Taekwoon flashed a smile and looked back at Yoo Min.

"Umm, who was that man who answered the door?" The mom looked at the stairs and Sanghyuk came down.Taekwoon flushed and looked down. If anyone found out that they were dating, he'd be fired.

"Oh, I'm sorry miss, I'm Han Sanghyuk. I'm Mr. Jung's roommate while I'm going to college." Sanghyuk shook her hand and then went over to Yoo Min. "Are you Yoo Min? Nice to meet you."

"Nice to meet you mister." Yoo Min leaned to try to see what was in his other hand. "What do you have?"

"Your Christmas present from me and Mr. Jung." He brought it around and gave him an elephant with a red bow around his neck.

"It's so cute! Thank you mister! Thank you Mr.Jung!" Yoo Min hugged it and got his hair ruffled by Sanghyuk.

"I hope you have a happy Christmas you two." Sanghyuk stood up and smiled at both of them. Then he turned to Taekwoon and smiled. "I'm gonna make something for lunch, okay? What do you want?"

"Ramen." Taekwoon smiled at him and he walked away and then he faced Yoo Min and his mom. "Thank you for the present. I hope you have a happy Christmas."

"I'm sorry for barging into your house like this, Mr. Jung." The mom apologized again and Yoo Min walked over and held her hand.

"No, it's okay. That was extremely thoughtful of you." Taekwoon was surprised that one of his students cared that much about him that he would get him a present. It was nice feeling.

"Come on, Yoo Min. Let's leave them alone now. Bye guys, nice meeting you." They started walking towards the front door and Yoo Min looked back and waved at them.

"Let's get ice cream!" Yoo Min yelled, jumping up and down and hugging his new stuffed animal.

"Sure. You're gonna get a brain freeze though." The mom closed the door behind them and waved. Taekwoon couldn't stop smiling. He went to the kitchen and sat at he bar and sighed and just fell onto the counter.

"Was that one of your students?" Sanghyuk reached over and pet his hair as he laid on the counter.

"Yes... Oh my god..." Taekwoon flushed and covered his face.

"He is so cute and sweet! You're lucky, Mr. Jung." Sanghyuk put the ramen package into the pan and smiled back at Taekwoon, who just glared at him.

"Don't call me that." Taekwoon sighed and put his fist next to him. "If I'm at home, I'm supposed to be your boyfriend, not a teacher. I just feel bad about them though."

"Why?"

"That boy doesn't have a father, and he got me a present because he sees me a father figure... They're already so bad off, and they spent money on me. They didn't need to." Taekwoon looked up and huffed. Sanghyuk leaned over the counter and kissed him on the lips softly.

"Just be happy that he's happy. If he's had a hard time, be happy that he's not as sad as his situation." Sanghyuk said against his lips before kissing him again. He pulled away and ruffled his older boyfriends hair. "I think we should go Christmas shopping tomorrow."

"You know I hate shopping for other people." Taekwoon stuck out his bottom lip and looked up at him.

"It's the only time of year that you have to do this. I'm taking you out no matter what." Sanghyuk grinned and turned away to mess with the ramen. "Unless you don't want to, because then I'll buy something I want to get you."

"Fine." Taekwoon laid his head back down on the counter and groaned.

Sanghyuk stifled a giggle. If only Taekwoon knew what he was going to get him.

 

A ring.