Chapter 7 - Left Alone With Each Other

After Effect

(Author's note: Wu Yifan is in this chapter for a little bit because he owns the flower shop. I thought it'd be nice to add other members of other groups, so deal with it. Also there is going to be a lot of swearing in this. Otherwise, enjoy!)

 

They were late. Almost 15 minutes late. Wonshik was so tempted to grab his sketchbook and start drawing again, but they promised they'd be here. He even took the shower they told him to. 5 more minutes, he was going to get undressed from the fancy clothes that he was wearing and start drawing again.

Just then, a couple of knocks on the door made it known that they were there. Wonshik got up and grabbed his keys, wallet and his phone before he answered the door. "You're late." He said to the embarrassed looking couple. "What the hell were you doing?"

"It was Taekwoon's idea!" Sanghyuk said while turning a bright red color, immediately pointing to the older man. Wonshik glared at the couple and sighed.

"I'm not that curious anymore." He shook his head and rolled his eyes. "To the flower shop?"

"Yes! Yes, let's go." Taekwoon grabbed him and pulled him out the door. The elevator was empty and they got in and started going down to the bottom floor. "I'm sorry, Wonshik. I didn't see what time it was."

"Taekwoon, I don't care." Wonshik pulled out his wallet and started counting his money. 11 dollars, not good. "How much are bouquets?"

"Yifan should have it somewhere." Sanghyuk said in an attempt to make it less awkward. "And if he doesn't the computer should."

"Okay. If it's too much for me, you'll help right?" Wonshik stuffed the thin wallet in his pocket. As a comic book artist (a not so famous one), money for almost anything but bills and food was hard to get and his coffee and energy drink addiction did not help anything. They nodded and smiled at him.

"Of course! You guys need to get together." Sanghyuk said, giving him a hug, which he didn't ask for so it was really awkward, and then Taekwoon joined in the hug. "We'll do anything for you."

"No you won't." Wonshik patted them on the back awkwardly. "If you did do anything, I'd have you talk to Hongbin for me."

The doors opened and the extremely awkward hug was let go. Sanghyuk and Wonshik bickered behind Taekwoon, and he just sighed. They walked out the side exit into the parking lot and got into Taekwoon's car, which was parked in front of the door ("Wow! A parking space so close to the door!" "This might be illegal." "Who cares? We're late anyway.")

Taekwoon pulled out of the lot and onto the road to the flower shop. He went the speed limit, much to the disappointment of his boyfriend. "Don't try to get us to talk to him for you. You're going to his house-" Sanghyuk was cut off by a hand clapsed over his mouth from Wonshik. He pushed it away and glared at the older man with blue hair. "We're doing this for your own good."

"He hates me, it doesn't matter anyway." Wonshik leaned back and crossed his arms though they had just pulled up to the store.

"C'mon, we need to get your flowers." Taekwoon, whom had already got out, opened Wonshik's door. "I told Binnie that we'd be there before 3."

Wonshik got out and followed them into the brightly colored flower shop. "Fan Fan!" A chipper voice from Sanghyuk made Wonshik want to punch him, but it got the giant's attention.

"Oh hi, Sanghyuk!" Yifan turned to them and smiled a warm smile. "Hi guys."

"I need a bouquet." Wonshik said, looking at his feet, rather than looking at the giant. Sanghyuk dragged him further into the small shop and brought him to the counter, where Yifan was now messing with his computer. It started making weird grinding noises and dial-up tones and he sighed.

"Like how big do you need it and what does it need?" Yifan hit the side of the computer and it started working again without the noises.

"Only a couple roses I think." Wonshik said, scratching his head. He had no idea about this stuff.

"The smallest and cheapest is $15, but I'll cut you a deal for $10 if you don't need a lot of flowers." Wonshik nodded and Yifan left the counter to back of the shop. He looked to the couple that brought him here, and they were bickering about different flowers closer to the front of the shop, not even paying attention anymore. Yifan came back with things to make a bouquet and a couple roses and tapped him on the shoulder. Wonshik turned back and was surprised that Yifan needed so much stuff. "So who's the lucky devil that gets this?"

"Hongbin." Wonshik said quietly, which got Yifan smiling.

"Then I chose the right roses! Is this any special occasion?" Yifan sounded proud of himself. Wonshik laughed nervously and rubbed the nape of his neck. Yifan started rolling the bouquet up, very slowly, and taped it shut at the bottom.

"I'm trying-" Wonshik was cut off by Sanghyuk.

"He needs to get back together with Hongbin because they're totally in love but think they hate each other!" Sanghyuk put an arm around Wonshik's shoulders and smiled widely. "They need each other!"

"Oh, if that's the case." Yifan laughed and started messing with the top of the bouquet and opening it up a little to show off the roses. "I have a feeling you guys will get back together, but it won't have anything to do with my bouquet. Which is dumb because I'm making this just for you guys."

"It's really pretty, thank you." Wonshik tried to make Yifan lose the annoyed face.

"I make the best bouquets in the whole town." Yifan handed it over and smiled at his work. "$10 please."

"Yeah, just wait." Wonshik pulled out his wallet and pulled out his only 10 dollar bill and handed it over sadly.

"You haven't been paid yet, huh?" Yifan took it and put it on his computer and then leaned on the counter. "I really like your comics, Wonshik. I know other people who like them too. You're gonna be famous for more than your music, I just know it."

"Thank you. I'm almost done with the next chapter of the one I'm making now."  Wonshik smiled at his newfound fan and wanted to keep talking about it. "It'll be done soon, and I think you're-"

This time a hand was clasped over his mouth, and started dragging him away. "He can't say anymore or you'll know the story." Taekwoon said, after dragging him halfway through the store.

"I was getting excited, and you had to ruin it." Yifan said, pouting out his bottom lip, but then laughed. "Have fun on your date, Wonshik." Wonshik came up to the register and took the bouquet and started heading out. Sanghyuk and Taekwoon waved to the giant florist and left with him.

"Next stop, Hongbin's house!" Sanghyuk sat in the backseat and let Wonshik take shotgun. Taekwoon got in the drivers seat and made a u-turn in the middle of the street and started heading there.

 

Hongbin looked out the window. He was waiting for Wonshik to come. He didn't really want to see him, but Taekwoon insisted that they had to see each other. There was his dinky little car, right on time. Hongbin looked himself over in a mirror and sighed. His hair was a mess and his outfit could have been bettter. Anyway, he went to the front door and waited for them to knock.

Wonshik knocked lightly and the door was immediately opened. It surprised him, but not as much as Hongbin did. He was visibly paler than the last time he saw him. His eyes looked sunken in and had dark bags under them. His shirt was stained and threadbare and his pants were ill-fitting and rolled up to above his ankles. Hongbin had a different smile to greet him with, and it felt depressed rather than happy.

"Hi-" They spoke at the same time. They laughed awkwardly and looked at their feet. When they looked up, they spoke at the same time again. "How are you? You go first."

It was so awkward between them, and Taekwoon and Sanghyuk doing a burnout (as awkward as the car was) and driving away made it worse. Both of them watched them drive away and sighed. "They're not coming back, are they?" Wonshik asked a rhetorical question.

"I don't think so." Hongbin sighed and stared at the bouquet. "Who's that for?"

Wonshik pulled it up and flushed with embarrassment. "It was supposed to be a surprise." He held it up and out to Hongbin. "They were for you."

Hongbin took them and smelled them. "I- uh..." He was without words, though he kept stuttering. Wonshik just smiled at the nervous guy. "Thanks. Roses."

"Taekwoon and Yifan said they were your favorite." Wonshik smiled and followed him into the house. There was a different feel in here too. Wonshik tried to shake it off as he started taking off his winter outerwear off, but it was almost overwhelming.

"They are. These are the ones that fans would send us." Hongbin went to his kitchen and looked around. "Hey Wonshik, do you know where my vases are?"

"In the attic, with the rest of the stuff you couldn't find space for." Wonshik looked up momentarily and watched Hongbin put down the bouquet and start heading for the stairs. "Hey, what are you doing?"

"I'm gonna go get it." Hongbin started climbing the stairs and sighed.

"I was the one who put those boxes up there, I can get it." Wonshik followed him up to the second floor and stopped at the top. "Whoa..."

Pictures were all over the walls, in ways that made them interesting in every way. Cameras where hanging from hooks on the walls. His desk was in front of one of the windows and had a laptop on it. The double doors to the balcony were open with his curtains moving slowly because of the wind. It let a cold breeze in that made a shiver go up Wonshik's spine. It was quite a sight.

Hongbin seemed unfazed by the wind and the grandness of it. He continued to the stairs in the corner of the room up to the loft attic. Wonshik blinked and started following him. "Binnie, why are the doors open? I thought you hated that balcony." Wonshik asked, quickly catching up with him.

"I do." Hongbin started looking around at the dusty boxes with the exception of the boxes closest to the stairs.

"So why is it open?" Wonshik walked over to where he put the box of vases and leaned on it.

"I thought I'd open it today." Hongbin joined him at the box and tried to push him away weakly. "I need a vase."

"It's the middle of winter! What has gotten into you?" Wonshik reached over and touched his hip and pulled on his shirt. Hongbin waved his hand away and tried to ignore him. "Hongbin, there is something wrong and I want to help."

"It's not winter yet. It doesn't start until the 21st." Hongbin looked at other boxes to see if there was any writing on it that said 'vase' to no avail.

"There is snow on the ground therefore it is winter." Wonshik stood up and grabbed his hands. Hongbin looked annoyed to have his hands held.

"Not technically." He said, being a pain to stop Wonshik from touching him.

"November to the middle of March is all winter and stop arguing about it." Wonshik looked down at him and rested his forehead on Hongbin's.

"Why did you kiss me?" Hongbin had been meaning to ask him about it since the kiss even happened, but Wonshik wasn't talking to him since it happened.

Wonshik was torn. He wanted to tell him, but he was sure that Hongbin wouldn't like it. "Hongbin..." He managed to get out before Hongbin stepped back and took his hands back.

"I liked being friends with you, and then all of a sudden we kiss and everything turns to ." Hongbin looked down and moved his hands from his sides to up and touching his fingers and figeting. "I feel like everything is my fault for some reason and you're angry at me."

"It's not like that." Wonshik said, though he knew that Hongbin would keep talking.

"Taekwoon and Hyuk said that you thought I was angry at you, but really I'm guilty and depressed. I miss you and they told me that you aren't doing very well and I felt even worse. I know that I look like and my clothes are , and my boss is giving me a month off of work because I've been working too much and he doesn't want another incident like last time I worked too much. He's paying me but I don't like not working and I won't see anyone and it's gonna be ty---" Hongbin collasped and covered his face. Wonshik could hear sniffles and he was shaking. He was having a breakdown. "I just want to know why you hate me! What did I do to make everyone ing hate me?"

Wonshik sat down and pulled him into his arms. He pat Hongbin's back and kissed the top of his head. "Hongbin, I don't hate you. I don't think anyone hates you. But that's the thing. Binnie. I'm in love with you. I don't think I can live without you anymore. I hated being mean to you. I thought you hated me for kissing you, that's why we've been apart for so long."

"You can't love me, I'm a ing mess and a peice of ." Hongbin tried pulling away to collapse on the floor, but Wonshik instead pulled him back and made him sit on his lap.

"I've been in love for a while, you're gonna need more than that." Wonshik smiled and ruffled his hair.

"How could you love me?" Hongbin asked instead, trying to his face because he was still crying and thought he looked ugly.

"I always had a crush on you. Like when I first met you, bam, crush." Wonshik lifted his head and wiped away his tears. "You were just so cute. I swore to myself that I was straight, and it worked for a couple years, but that crush on you kept growing. We were good friends for the longest time, y'know. I shouldn't have had a crush on you. And even worse, you were a guy, so that would have been a scandal that could have broken up VIXX. So I kept it hidden and we became best friends. Now that VIXX has officially disbanded and we're living here, I don't have to worry anymore. I've been in love with you for a long time, Hongbin. I'm sorry."

Hongbin nodded and looked back down. He was torn about it. Yes, he was in love with Wonshik. But, would the other members be okay with it? They aren't even in VIXX anymore, but he still cared about their opinions. "What would the others think?" His voice was as shakey as he was.

"Hyuk told Yifan that we were totally in love and need to get back together. He said we needed each other." Wonshik wrapped his arms around Hongbin and let him cry into his shoulder. "I think everyone thought we were dating."

 

Silence surrounded them, save the cold wind that was still blowing in from the balcony and the quiet sounds of Hongbin's sniffles. They didn't know how long they were sitting there, and they didn't really care. "Wonshik." Hongbin looked up and swallowed hard. His voice resonated in the large room they were in and it surprised him.

"Hmm?" Wonshik looked at his face and smiled.

"When can you move in?" He was completely serious.

"I'd have to move my things out of the apartment and do all that stuff first, so minimum of a week..." Wonshik shrugged and looked at the dusty ground to think about it. He drew designs in the dust and frowned at it.

"We'll move the things out of your apartment together. Can you stay with me from now on?" Hongbin asked, seeing a smile grow on Wonshik's face.

"Are you asking me to be your boyfriend?" Wonshik asked, bringing his face closer to Hongbin's.

"Maybe." Hongbin couldn't help but look at his lips when they were this close together.

"Then I will be your boyfriend. Is it okay if I stay the night tonight? I think the heating in the apartments is going to break again." Wonshik asked with a smile that he knew Hongbin liked looking at.

"Of course you can stay the night." Hongbin couldn't help it anymore. Without bumping their noses awkwardly, he pressed his lips to Wonshik's.

This was the start of a wonderful relationship.