Chapter 5 - Another Day With Ken

After Effect

Hakyeon woke up, again, on the squishy couch in his friend's home. He was almost better from being sick, so he was looking forward to being able to going to work again. Normally, he had woken with Jaehwan, but this morning, Jaehwan was gone. He remembered going to sleep with him. Where was he?

Hakyeon almost got up to look for him. It was way too early for him to get off of the squishy and warm couch.

"Oh, you're finally awake!" Jaehwan came from upstairs, with thunks down the stairs, and came around and onto the couch and wrapped his arms around the older man's neck and gave him a hug. "Good morning."

"Morning." He stretched around the younger man who had laid on top of him like it was a good idea and smiled. "What have you been up to?"

"I've been deciding what to make for breakfast while cleaning up the house." Jaehwan slipped to the side of Hakyeon and laid on his side.

"Why are you cleaning up?" Hakyeon laid on his side to face the younger man and smiled even more.

"My house is like a pigsty, so I thought that you'd be annoyed with it being so dirty." Jaehwan smiled, and Hakyeon pouted out his bottom lip.

"It's fine. I like your house just the way it is." Hakyeon reached over and ran his fingers through Jaehwan's soft hair. "No need to change it."

"It's just that you've been stuck on the bottom floor, I thought you'd like to look around without getting hurt." Jaehwan smiled sheepishly and looked down at the blanket between them.

"Did you get hurt?" Hakyeon looked Jaehwan over, at least all he could see of the younger man, and saw new bruises on his uncovered arms. "Don't hurt yourself."

"I didn't mean to, my Halloween stuff fell down on me. I'm surprised it didn't wake you up earlier." Jaehwan smiled, feeling Hakyeon gently touch his arms and then hold his hands. "But it's okay, I'm fine."

"I could have helped." Hakyeon intertwined their fingers and leaned in to give him a kiss on the cheek. "You didn't have to do that for me."

"I felt mean though, not letting you go anywhere." Jaehwan's face tingled where Hakyeon had kissed him and he flushed out of embarrassment. "So I thought it'd be easier without being accidentally attacked by my Halloween things."

"Mm. Anything would be more fun than that. I still could have helped. Maybe you shouldn't do anything today because you're hurt." Hakyeon grinned at the younger man, who had a light blush crawl across his face. "Maybe we can just lay here like this for most of the day."

"But there are some things I need to clean." Jaehwan was cut off by a finger shushing him.

"You're hurt. Take a rest, I don't know how long you've been awake." Hakyeon moved his finger away from his mouth and followed his jawline back to his ear from his chin to make sure he wouldn't keep talking. "Today seems like a day best spent in bed."

Jaehwan looked down and away from Hakyeon and frowned. "I'm not in pajamas though." He looked up nervously to see Hakyeon get another smile.

"That's easy to fix. Take your pants off, and maybe even your shirt if it's uncomfortable." Hakyeon teased, letting him go in case he did start stripping off the uncomfortable clothes. He grinned, as Jaehwan sighed and reached down and started undoing his belt.

"You just want to see if I have abs still, huh?" Jaehwan knew he hit Hakyeon's knees by accident, but if he was going to be forced to lay here with him, he might as well be comfortable. He could tell by Hakyeon's little snicker that it was true. "Naughty hyung, naughty."

"I want to see something I can't have." To Hakyeon, it wasn't a big deal, seeing Jaehwan's body. He got used to seeing Jaehwan's body when they were still in VIXX. Not much would have changed, Hakyeon thought, from when they'd see each other everyday. But why he said it like that was still a mystery to him.

Jaehwan threw the jeans and festive socks across the room and luckily, not into the lit fireplace. He sighed and took off the festive sweater over his head and threw it far away in the other direction. He heard a small 'ooh' from Hakyeon as he covered himself in the fluffy blanket to try to hide his abs. Underneath the blanket, he felt Hakyeon's cold fingers trace along them and his skin tingled with every touch. "Hakyeon..."

"Hm? I'm sorry if I'm making you feel uncomfortable." Hakyeon stopped touching him and pulled them away. A weird feeling of loneliness overcame him for that one second, before Hakyeon wrapped his arms around his neck. "Sorry."

"Are you satisfied?" Jaehwan asked, trying to return to his normal self though he always thought he was bumbling and messing up around this older man. Hakyeon nodded, and then pressed their foreheads together, making them closer than they'd be normally be. It felt like it should be uncomfortable, but it was better than expected.

It was weird being with Hakyeon like this. Normally, he was this hyung who kept to himself after VIXX was let go, and spent way too much money way too early. He willingly had 2 jobs, though one paid way more than the other. He was different now, for some reason. During these couple days, he had been warming up to be the one that he used to be. What was weird was that the more Hakyeon was warming up to them, the more he acted loving and happy. It was something they hadn't seen out of him for almost a year and a half, and it was a welcome change.

"I am satisfied." Hakyeon's pleased grin brought him back to the real world. Hakyeon shifted sligtly, making both of them more comfortable, though it would have looked uncomfortable. "But I'm going back to bed now."

Jaehwan wasn't sleepy, though the older man fell asleep immediately. Jaehwan didn't want to watch him sleep, even though he was literally an angel. He felt like it'd be creepy. He didn't know what to do!

Slowly, he started to feel tired. It could have been the slow feeling of house itself, or the slow reppetitive sounds of Hakyeon quiet breathing. Anyway, he slowly fell asleep without thinking too hard about it.

 

Jaehwan woke up to see that Hakyeon was gone this time. He got up slowly and looked around. The kitchen had the sound of things clanking around, and laughing, so he stood up to see it. Hakyeon was laughing at nothing, it looked like, but as Jaehwan got closer, Hakyeon had spilt something on the floor. "I'm sorry, Jaehwan." Hakyeon wiped tears from laughing so much and looked around the room. He grabbed a towel and threw it on top of the thing that he spilt.

"What did you spill?" Jaehwan ran a hand through his hair, while he watched the older man start trying to clean it up. 

"Cake mix." Hakyeon laughed again. "I was going to try to bake you a cake. It'd be better to just go to the bakery and get one there."

"Why were you going to bake me a cake?" Jaehwan leaned on the doors of his refridgerator and it sent a chill down his spine. He disregarded it and kept looking down at Hakyeon trying to clean it.

"I wanted to thank you for letting me stay with you while I was sick." Hakyeon said, sounding a little sad about it. "I wanted to give it to you and get out of your hair."

Hakyeon looked back with a regretful smile on his face, and then burst out laughing. Jaehwan looked down and tried to cover his body the best he could. "Oh my god! I'm not wearing clothes!" Jaehwan ran back into the living room and looked for his pants. He grabbed them and slipped them on quickly, not even thinking to put on the belt before he went back. "You should have reminded me." He whined, covering his face while he leaned back onto the fridge.

"I was okay with it." Hakyeon smiled back at him and looked him over. "Y'know, I don't think I've seen you like this." He pointed at him and moved it up and down. "Loose pants so I can see the waistband of your boxers, no shirt. This is a new experience for me. You look great."

Jaehwan blushed and looked down. Hakyeon got up and stood in front of him and put his hands on Jaehwan's hips. Jaehwan knew that his blush was going to stay if the older man continued to do what he was doing. "I don't look great." Jaehwan mumbled, looking to the living room to avoid Hakyeon's eyes.

"Yes you do! You always look great!" Hakyeon wrapped his arms around Jaehwan's waist and pulled him into a hug. "Did something happen?"

"No, why would you think that?" Jaehwan asked, feeling Hakyeon's hot breath on his neck. He got goosebumps feeling Hakyeon's fingertips run across his back uninvited.

"It's just that you're one of the most prideful people I know, so you saying that you don't look good is weird." Hakyeon smiled feeling Jaehwan wrap his arms around his shoulders. "Is there something wrong? Did I do anything to make you think differently?"

"It's not your fault. No, there's nothing wrong." Jaehwan said, patting his back. "We haven't hugged like this forever."

"Not since last year's Christmas party." Hakyeon looked up at him and held his arms looser areound his waist and grinned at him. "We were like this when you caught me under the mistletoe. Speaking of which, where are you putting it this year?"

Jaehwan looked to the middle of the living room and pointed to a blankspot. "Right in the middle where there's that blank spot. I haven't been able to find it though."

Jaehwan let go and walked out of the kitchen. "I think I know where it is." Hakyeon walked around the sticky mess and to a drawer under the microwave. He opened it and smiled, the mistletoe was right on top of everything. "I was right!" Hakyeon ran to the middle of the living room and held it above him and Jaehwan. "Whoops... We're caught under the misteltoe."

Jaehwan blushed and looked up. "I guess we are. Do we have to kiss?" Jaehwan needed to get the tape to hang it up, but Hakyeon grabbed his jeans to keep him there.

"Of course! Everytime we're caught under it." Hakyeon smiled and stepped closer to Jaehwan. "Life is too short for us to not kiss under mistletoe."

"But we'll be caught under it a lot." Jaehwan looked down at him and looked conflicted. "My party isn't until the 24th."

"Then we'll just kiss a lot." Hakyeon put the hand that had a hold on his pants around his neck. "15 days is a long time."

He brought them together and pressed their lips together. It felt awkward to Jaehwan at first, kissing a man, but it slowly became more natural. It was hard not to smile but somehow they managed it.

Hakyeon broke the kiss and smiled. "Let's go do your landury." He dropped the mistletoe and started heading back to his bedroom.

 

Something made Jaehwan think they were going to do more than just landury when they got to Hakyeon's house.