Chapter 8 - Doing Landury at N's House

After Effect

The washer let out a low roar as it sprung to life. The dryer next to it made sounds too, with the occasional clinking sounds of metal buttons hitting the inside of the metal dryer. It was the last load before all of Jaehwan's clothes were done. Jaehwan smiled to himself and walked out of the landury room. He whistled and went to the living room, where Hakyeon was folding his landury. "Hyung, I can fold my own clothes." He jumped over the couch and landed next to him.

"I'm just trying to help." Hakyeon leaned over and rested his head on Jaehwan's shoulder.

"You don't need to." Jaehwan took his shirt from out of Hakyeon's hands and leaned his head on Hakyeon's.

"I feel like I need to help." Hakyeon reached into the basket and grabbed another shirt and started folding it. "This is my house and I do what I want."

"You can distract me from my work if you want." Jaehwan said, being too lazy to take the shirt he was folding away from him.

"Why do you make it sound like it's hard? Distracting you is easy." Hakyeon lifted his head and lightly grabbed Jaehwan's chin to make him face him. He pressed their lips together for a second and let go. "Y'know, I've been thinking about leaving my job at Bar Bar."

"That's the one that doesn't pay much, right?" The amount of times they have kissed made Jaehwan feel woozy, almost drunk with confused feelings about Hakyeon.

"Yeah. Some nights the tips are amazing and others they are okay. The problem is I haven't practiced in a while, so if I go into work tonight, my tips won't be the best." Hakyeon laid down and put his legs on Jaehwan. Jaehwan looked in his direction and blushed, he looked really nice in the sun.

"What do you do at the bar?" He swallowed and went back to folding clothes. There was a stack of clothes next to his basket of folded clothes that fell over and made him angrily sigh because he had to fix it.

"Most nights I'm a bartender, and others I'm a.... I shouldn't say." Hakyeon made Jaehwan really curious.

"What is it?" Jaehwan asked, while Hakyeon looked away and to avoid his gaze.

"If you knew, you'd probably hate me." Hakyeon was trying to avoid it all together, which made Jaehwan even more curious.

"I'm okay with just about everything." Jaehwan has had his fair share of weird girlfriends that nothing really surprised him anymore.

"No one is okay with this! If any of you knew, all of you would hate me." Hakyeon was going on the defensive and threw the shirt at Jaehwan. He stood up and walked away, to presumably his room. Jaehwan heard thumps going down the hallway and the slamming of a door to solidify his assumption.

Jaehwan sighed and leaned back on Hakyeon's couch. What could have been so bad that Hakyeon had to keep it a secret? He racked his brain on possible answers, but none of them made sense in his head. He swore to himself and stared at the ceiling. There was no reason to push it. Jaehwan had already fallen for Hakyeon, so it was going to come out one day. It may not be today, but someday, he'll know the truth.

Hakyeon was going through a similar realization. He loved Jaehwan, there was no reason to hide it from him. However, tonight was his last night at Bar Bar, so one last day doing those horrible deeds. He started crying. He was despicable, he didn't deserve to have Jaehwan love him. He grabbed an ashtray from on his dresser and threw it to the ground. It shattered instantly. Hakyeon ran a hand through his hair and sighed. He saw another ashtray on his nightstand and threw it to the ground, breaking another one.

Jaehwan opened the door and looked at Hakyeon. He was panting and shaking his head. He watched as he walked around the large and lavish bed and grabbed another thing made of glass and threw it at the opposite wall. He hid behind the door, but tried his best to keep watching. Hakyeon grabbed a bottle filled with an amber colored liquid and drank the rest of it in one try. Then, he threw the bottle at the wall, making it burst with a shower of broken glass. Next came small glasses being thrown at the wall and bursting.

Hakyeon grabbed blankets and sheets off his bed and threw them over to where all the glass was broken. He glared down at his clear bed and grabbed the mattress. Slowly, flipped it over, but reeled back with surprise. Jaehwan covered his mouth when he saw the dried blood pool in the middle of the mattress. There really was something that Hakyeon was hiding from the rest of the group. He watched as Hakyeon pulled out his phone and call some one.

"Yes, I need a dumpster." Hakyeon said into the phone as he paced around the room. "Only for the week. No reason, just planning on getting rid of a couple things, that's all. Okay. Okay. Yeah I live on-"

Jaehwan walked away in horror and went to the living room. What was Hakyeon hiding?

Hakyeon came out of his room and went to the kitchen. Jaehwan stared at him, still surprised with what he saw Hakyeon do. He wanted to call Taekwoon, but he knew that Taekwoon and Sanghyuk were trying to get Hongbin and Wonshik back together, so he couldn't call any of them.

"I'm sorry, Jaehwan." Was all Hakyeon said. Jaehwan stood up and watched as he grabbed a large knife and was about ready to stab himself. He rushed over, with what seemed like super human speed, and grabbed the knife right before he did the deed.

"What the are you doing?" Jaehwan managed to get the knife away from him completely and threw it into the sink. "What are you hiding?"

Hakyeon was crying. He couldn't tell from far away but now that they were face to face, it was easy to tell that he had been crying the entire time. He swallowed and just stared at Jaehwan.

"Why were you trying to kill yourself?" Jaehwan was breathing hard, and held Hakyeon's wrists down against the counter. "What have you done?"

"I'm a stripper and a e named Golden Eternity!" Hakyeon yelled, surprising Jaehwan enough to make him let go of his wrists. He covered his eyes and cried into his hands. "I was a bartender at Bar Bar, but I became a stripper to make ends meet. Then when that wasn't enough, I became a e and entertained people anywhere they wanted me to."

Jaehwan gasped and covered his mouth and stared at Hakyeon.

"I took up being a waiter at the cafe so people wouldn't expect that I was such a bad person." Hakyeon shook his head and wiped his tears to look up at Jaehwan. "I know you saw me flip over my mattress."

Jaehwan nodded and wiped away his own tears.

"That's my blood there." Hakyeon sniffled and looked back up. "Remember when I went to the hospital because of blood loss and it looked like someone stabbed me?" Jaehwan nodded. It happened in March and it was gruesome. He stayed in for a couple weeks and had stitches for a really long time. "I was stabbed. One of my customers took it a little too far with the pain rather than pleasure and stabbed me. I thought he was liking it, but I guess not. I didn't think he was going to stab me, I don't even know where he was hiding the knife. And to think that I just let it happen."

"Hakyeon..." Jaehwan remembered seeing all his scars when he was still getting better. He thought he was just really clumsy and had sharp things everywhere. He watched as Hakyeon lifted his shirt and took it off. Jaehwan stared at his body and watched him spin. He had scars all over his chest and back. There were more since the stabbing and there were more on his body than any sensible person would have in their lifetime.

"I don't deserve you, Jaehwan." Hakyeon said touched the scar that sent him to the hospital. "You don't deserve anyone like me. I'm sick and should be hated."

"Stop." Jaehwan said, finally making Hakyeon shut up. "Hakyeon it doesn't matter that you were a stripper or a e. I don't hate you and I'm never going to hate you. I'm still going to love you like I have, okay?"

"But-" Hakyeon tried fighting it.

"It doesn't matter." Jaehwan put a finger on his mouth and kept him shut up. "I'm taking you to my home after the landury is done. You have no choice. You're moving in with me."

Hakyeon blushed and looked down.

"If you want, I'll wait until after the Christmas party." Hakyeon nodded and smiled weakly. "You should be my Christmas present."

"But I actually got you something this year." Hakyeon turned to go get it, but was caught in Jaehwan's arms. "Hey!"

"We have less than 2 weeks until the party, it can wait." Jaehwan smiled and kissed the back of his neck. "I'm sure I'm gonna like it. I'm glad we don't have any secrets."

Hakyeon smiled and looked back at him to meet his lips. "Thank you, Jaehwan." He said against his lips.

"Not a problem, Golden Eternity." Jaehwan snickered and got elbowed by Hakyeon as they kissed.

"I hate you."

"I love you too."

 

Neither of them couldn't wait until Christmas. 'Tis the season, and they were getting exactly what they wanted for Christmas. Each other.