Chapter 10 - The Day Before

After Effect

(Okay, so this is gonna have a lot of untitled dialogue. Why, you ask? Because it's funnier that way. Hakyeon needs clothes and loves tormenting his boyfriend, so what more do you need? Also, we get to meet Jaehwan and Hongbin's boss, so that's fun. Oh, and swearing. Sorry for the really late update too, I've been busy with school and it decided to block this chapter for though I have specifically avoided actually writing that.)

"Is this everything?" Jaehwan poured the contents of the small suitcase onto the ground and looked at how little it was. "There's, like, nothing here."

"I don't want anything else." Hakyeon kneeled on the ground and picked it up. "This is enough."

"You don't have any underwear and there's like 2 pairs of pants." Jaehwan looked around at the rest of the stuff that he brought. "It's more like you're getting ready for a sleepover than living with someone."

"I don't want anything else, like I said." Hakyeon sat on the couch and started folding the clothes he brought. "Oh, you're right."

Jaehwan walked over and threw the clothes off of his lap and sat down facing him. "Hakyeon-" He was kissed before he could say anything else.

"Sorry. Couldn't help it." Hakyeon said with a grin after he pulled away. Jaehwan sighed and looked down.

"I'm taking you shopping." Jaehwan said, then looked up to a not-so-happy surprised face from Hakyeon. "Oh come on now, you need more clothes and I'm not letting you wear all of mine." Hakyeon huffed and crossed his arms.

"I don't want-" Jaehwan cut him off with a kiss after he put his hands on his shoulders. They broke for a second, but Jaehwan kissed him again so he wouldn't say anything. Hakyeon pulled away so that they could see each other. "I needed that. But I don't need you spending money on me."

"Okay, shut up." Jaehwan said before shaking Hakyeon. "You need clothes. I'm buying you clothes." Before Hakyeon could object, Jaehwan put a finger on his mouth. "This is what boyfriends are supposed to do for each other."

"I'm pretty sure that they do more than just-"

"I'm buying you things!" Jaehwan stood up and dragged him up with him. He ran to the door and wouldn't let go of Hakyeon's hand. Hakyeon sighed as he was forced to put on his shoes. Jaehwan let go of his hand for a couple seconds to put on a jacket and then waited for Hakyeon to put one on himself.

"I don't wanna-"

"No arguing." Jaehwan grabbed his keys and wallet and his phone and shoved them into a coat pocket before grabbing Hakyeon's hands again. Instead of opening the door, Jaehwan leaned up close to Hakyeon and stared into his eyes. "I've wanted to go out with you for a while." He pressed their lips together, slowly working over them so Hakyeon would smile.

"I have too-" Hakyeon said getting another kiss before he could object the shopping once more. "Fine! I'll go shopping with you!"

"No need for you to get so angry with me about it." Jaehwan opened the door and pulled him out with him. He hummed as he got to his car and opened the door.

"Shouldn't it be locked though?" Hakyeon asked as he went around the car and got into the passengers seat. Jaehwan smiled at him as the car roared (more like sputtered) to life.

"Have you seen this town? No ones gonna break into my car or my house. Most likely they'll go to the park and do drugs or something." Jaehwan pulled out of the driveway and drove to the main street of this part of town. Hakyeon poked around his car, and got confused.

"Why do you have an ashtray in here?" Hakyeon picked up a heavy ashcan that was sitting in the cupholders on his dashboard. "I didn't see any cartons of cigarettes in your house."

"I have more friends than just you guys. My boss liked going on 'dates' with me and he just happen to smoke." Hakyeon put it down and looked really angry at him. Jaehwan looked over and gave a sheepish smile before he sighed because he was about to be told off by Hakyeon.

"You dated your boss?" Hakyeon crossed his arms. "I can't believe it."

"He never tried to get me in bed with him." Jaehwan said as they passed the apartment building that Wonshik lived in.

"But you guys kissed and stuff?" Hakyeon was getting really jealous about it. He didn't even mean to, it just started happening.

"Maybe once or twice but he never meant anything with it."

"I can't believe you."

"Says the man that was a e." Jaehwan pulled into the parking lot and searched for a parking space near the main doors.

"I will kill you when we get out of this car." Hakyeon punched his arm and looked out the window.

"I'll kiss you." Jaehwan parked and turned the car off. He turned his head to face Hakyeon, who was still looking away. "I'm sorry for saying that." Jaehwan put his hand on Hakyeon's thigh and rubbed it reassuringly.

"Did you go out with him just to get a raise?" Hakyeon glared at him, but didn't move his hand.

"He was using me to pick guys up. I helped him get his current boyfriend actually." Jaehwan looked at him with puppy eyes to make him forgive him.

"Did you guys ever do anything more than just a little kiss?" Hakyeon refused to look at him.

"No!" Jaehwan was having to go on the defensive.

"I think you did." Hakyeon teased.

"It's all past us now-" Jaehwan pouted his bottom lip out and Hakyeon finally looked over. He got a slap to the face. "Ow! What the ?"

"I think you're lying." Hakyeon smiled and got out of the car. Jaehwan put his hand on his cheek where he was slapped and pouted again. "Stop looking pitiful."

"I hate you."

"No you don't."

Jaehwan got out and started walking to the mall. Hakyeon ran up and started walking with him. As soon as they got in, Jaehwan started swearing under his breath. Hakyeon just smiled and jumped up and down. Before Hakyeon could say anything about it being so full or having so many shops for clothes, Jaehwan cut him off. "Don't even say it."

"But-"

"I'm taking you to the shops that I normally go to, okay?" Jaehwan grabbed his hand and started dragging him through the crowds. "It'll be fine, I'm sure."

 

In the first shop, Hakyeon got 3 more pairs of pants.

"Oh my god N."

"What? I like them."

"Those are really too skinny, like I can see everything." Jaehwan grimaced as Hakyeon leaned over, scared that the seams were going to pop.

"I'm wearing these for the party tomorrow." Hakyeon smiled in triumpth as he stood back up.

"What no-"

"Half of those boys are gay for me, might as well give them a reason."

"But you're my boyfriend, not some play thing to use to play with their hearts-"

"Ooh, you're getting jealous~"

"No, it's just- No!"

"Maybe I'll makeout with Jackson under our mistletoe-"

"You're my boyfriend and it you do that I'm gonna kill you."

 

Hakyeon got a lot more shirts in the next shop.

"Ooh, Jaehwan I want this one."

"Hakyeon no-"

"HAKYEON YES!"

"God damnit- That has pole dancers on it..."

"You have an entire suit with the print as pole dancers, let me get this one shirt."

"You still can't have it. Wait those were pole dancers? I thought they were thin elephants doing ballet or something!"

"Jaehwan, I knew you could be dumb, but this has gone too far."

 

They even went to a store for boxers and stuff for Hakyeon.

"You really want that?"

"It's not like I'm in the girls section, you can deal with this."

"But it's see through!"

"I'm not getting one of those banana hammocks, so you can deal with it. Though it does sound like a good idea..."

"Stop."

"You love me."

"That has nothing to do with you wanting one of those things!"

"Would you like it better if I was getting from the girls section?"

"Hakyeon stop-"

"It's just because you'll like it better than me in boxers, huh?"

"HYUNG PLEASE, WE ARE IN PUBLIC."

 

They finally start leaving the mall when someone stops them. "Jaehwan? Oh my god, it is you!" The man hugs Jaehwan, and recieves a stare from Hakyeon. He towered over the both of them, so Hakyeon felt even smaller. "Are you out on a date? Are you planning on finally using those vacation days to go on some date-cation with him?"

Jaehwan just laughed and let go of him. "It's nice seeing you outside of work, Greg." Jaehwan smiled at Hakyeon, who just faked smiled back. "Hakyeon, this is my boss, Greg. The one you thought I was dating?"

"Yeah, yeah, nice to meet you." Hakyeon avoided looking at him.

"I'm gonna embarrass little Ken here, but he talks about you a lot at work." Jaehwan opened his mouth to stop him, but Greg the boss was on a roll. "He was so excited that you were going to come over for the first time in almost a year, he almost cut work just to wait at home for you."

Hakyeon suddenly blushed from the man. "Greg..."

"No really, when he had to come to work while you were at his house sick, he felt so bad. I asked him if he wanted to take those days off, but he would get all embarrassed and decline." Greg kept ignoring Jaehwan. "He couldn't stop talking about your first kiss too! Hongbin and some of our waiters were getting sick of hearing him talk about you. Just the other day, he came into my office and told me that you two were going to live with each other and he was just so happy-"

"Greg, what are you here for because it's not to embarrass me all day." Jaehwan finally made him shut up.

"Oh, I'm gonna get Jaime an engagement ring! We've been dating for almost a year now and I think it's finally time to grow a pair and propose to him." Jaehwan raised an eyebrow at Hakyeon, and he rolled his eyes. "Hakyeon, weren't you a stripper at Jaime's club? I feel like I saw you there sometimes. You look a lot like the most popular one there, Golden Eternity?"

Hakyeon glared at both of them and sighed. "That I was, but now I'm not like that. Sorry."

"Oh! Yeah, Jaime said you quit, but he said he laid you off officially so it wouldn't look bad on your resume." Greg smiled. "Ken, your party is tomorrow, right?"

"Yeah, you and Jaime can come if you want." Jaehwan got another stank face from Hakyeon.

"Nah, we're staying home so he can open the box with the ring by himself and it'll be really romantic that way." Greg put his hands on his cheeks and grinned widely. "I'm sure it'll be a hit."

"Thanks, Greg." Jaehwan looked over and Hakyeon was bored. "Umm, we gotta go.... Call me if he says yes and send pictures."

"I will." Greg started walking, but stopped and looked back at them. "Have fun getting ready for that party."

Greg winked and they went their seperate ways.

 

After they put the bags in the car and got in, Hakyeon spoke. "You talk about me at work? You like me that much?"

"Cha Hakyeon, I love you." Jaehwan leaned over and kissed his cheek. He looked forward at the wheel and turned the key to turn it on. "If I can't prove it to you, I might as well prove it when I'm not with you."

"I forgive you." Hakyeon reached over and pulled him over by his chin to kiss him on the lips. "I love you too." He said against his lips.

After this, they needed to get ready for the Christmas party the next day. It was going to have to wait though, while Jaehwan proved his love for Hakyeon.

 

The amount of things that were going to happen at this party was amazing to say the least. Everyone was excited in their own ways and it was going to be more eventful than anyone ever imagined.