Final

Mission- Uncover moles

The next week was chaos. After everything got over, there was a strange calmness in the air. Almost all the agents from S.M came to pay their respects. Chanyeol had decided to be the one to wear the band around his arm, representing her family. He stood up next to the cushion, as Lee Sooman took a white flower from the vase, placed it front of her picture, bowed once to the picture and then to Chanyeol. As he continued to stand, he recalled the words in her letter to him-

Chanyeol,

I’m really hesitant to do this since I’ve never written a letter to anybody before. Forgive me if I sound hurried, but it is because I have a lot to do and very little time. I shall start by saying this- that girl is a keeper. She managed to open my eyes- I, a girl who had no one and didn’t care about anyone. How I loathe myself for the number of innocent lives I had taken. I’m so sorry for hiding things from you. The man you saw with me was my team leader. I am a mole from an organization that wants to stop NDI’s activities.  Mi Rae seemed to know the DBSK sunbaes. Can you please tell her that I want to apologize for everything that happened to them? Everything was done by me. In fact the other agent with Jihoo sunbae was my team leader’s brother. Since the ones who arrested him were DBSK sunbaes, I was supposed to get revenge for him. Instead DBSK disappeared and you showed interest in me which led to a change in plan where you became the new target. I’m so sorry for being cold hearted and such a heartless person. There is only one thing I can do to help you in an attempt to repent for my wrong decisions. The next sheet has the codes to activate a virus that breaks into the organization’s system software’s firewall. Please make use of it and don’t let anyone fall into their trap every again. I don’t want to burden you with this, but I really did consider you as a friend. Thank you for coming into my life. I’ve never said this to anyone, but I want you to know- my name is Eunhee.

Chanyeol stared at her picture, which was placed behind burning incense sticks and realized that she looked hauntingly beautiful in it.

……………………………………………

Mi Rae sat down on the floor in the room next to the funeral hall. She was crying as softly as possible. Yoonhee had decided to end her life because she felt she couldn’t live any longer with her actions. It was all her fault. She should have never ever accepted the mission. How was she going to live with herself with all this guilt? Someone pulled her into his embrace, slowly her hair. “It is not your fault Mi Rae. If you look at it in that way then I am responsible for killing a lot of people. We all influence people and their thoughts in many ways, but the final decision is only theirs to make. What Yoonhee did was her choice. You did not kill her, okay? So don’t you dare think like that. You probably stopped her from doing more atrocious things. You helped her, okay?” It was weirdly comforting how each word Kris spoke was accompanied with a soft vibration in his chest. “Trust me,  don’t blame yourself. Also Chanyeol does not hate you. You assume too much. Calm down, clear your head and stop all this blaming business. It’s done and she was a very brave girl for making the right decision at the end. I think I know whom you need right now” with that he made her sit straight and she noticed a girl sitting next to him. She had a sad smile on her lip as she hugged the crying girl. “Chaeyeol!” Mi Rae choked before sobbing loudly onto her shoulder.

“There, there. Is this how you greet me? You haven’t seen me in months! Now stop crying… you don’t want Changmin to see your swollen red eyes and bloated face right?” she said, trying to lighten the mood.

“Ch-Changmin? He’s here?” Mi Rae asked, sniffing.

“Yes he is and I really need to award you with the Nobel Prize for patience. I mean, how do you put up with that guy? Good lord!” said Chaeyeol, rolling her eyes.

“Talking about me? I didn’t know that you had such a high opinion about me, Chae” said a voice from the door.

“I think I’ll leave now” said Kris with a deadpanned expression as he got up to leave.

“Wait for me! Don’t you dare ditch me, Krease” said Chaeyeol as she ran to follow him.

“Rae? *umph* Are you okay?” said Changmin, slightly worried by the tears as she crashed into him with a tight hug.

“Welcome back” she whispered.

............................................

That's the end you guys! Although I'll be posting a few links and disclaimers in the next chapter~