Mission?

Mission- Uncover moles

“Oh boy this isn’t good” said Lay, his wide eyes scanning the huge group of people standing outside the hospital. “News about Chanyeol’s accident must have spread really fast.”

“What do we do now?” asked a worried Xiumin.

“WE create a distraction, while you, Mi Rae, run towards the parking lot and wait for Kris. The moment he reaches, get into the car and roll up the windows if you have to” said Lay as he dialed Kris’ number on his phone.

5 Minutes later-

“Count till 10 and then leave, okay? Come on Xiumin, let’s do this.”

The moment they step out-

“AAHHH ITS EXO’S LAY AND XIUMIN!!!”   “OPPADEUL* WHAT HAPPENED?”   “CHANYEOOOOL. IS HE OKAY? SAY SOMETHING!”  “Oh my God what are they doing here?”  “Omo, is this the birth of Xiu-yeol pair?” “Wah… look at exo oppadeul, they look so hot without makeup!”     “PLEASE GIVE US AUTOGRAPHS….”

Meanwhile Mi Rae-

“7…8…9 and 10. Okay, now I run” and off she went, glancing at the now agitated group that surrounded the poor guys. She reached the parking lot at the same time as Kris did. He wordlessly opened the door, got off the car and pushed her into it. As soon as he reached the entrance, everyone’s attention shifted to him, while Lay and Xiumin just ran and jumped into the car, a few reporters and fans trailing behind them. They barely made it before the driver stepped on the accelerator.

…………………………….

After a week of proper rest, Chanyeol was allowed to return to their dorm. The day he was discharged, he had a visitor. Baek Yoonhee brought a bouquet of yellow roses since she knew that he disliked lilies, something she figured out during their brief relationship. To say that Chanyeol was surprised to see her would be an understatement; he almost banged his slowly healing leg against a chair. “What are you doing here, Yoonhee?”

“Chanyeol oppa, are you really going to be mean towards me?”

“If you don’t have anything to say, please leave me alone. I’d like to get some peace of mind, something I haven’t had in a while” saying so he sat down on the bed and put his crutches next to him.

“Look, I came here to apolo-” “Channie!!! Are you done packing? Shall I call Suho so that he can take us home? Did you- oh. I’m sorry, did I interrupt your conversation? I’ll leave then. Call me when you are ready okay?” said Mi Rae as she entered the room. She bowed to Yoonhee and turned to leave when Chanyeol stopped her. “Call Suho hyung. I’m ready. Could you just check the bathroom to see if I left anything out?” Mi Rae nodded and did so as she called Suho, asking him to come. Suho and Baekhyun came in and helped Chanyeol into a wheel chair as Mi Rae carried his bags. Yoonhee silently left the room as Suho pushed Chanyeol into the lift and Baekhyun took the bags from Mi Rae.

Is she the one who broke Channie’s heart? Mi Rae thought to herself as they got into the car to go home. At the dorm, the boys held a little ‘Welcome back’ party for Chanyeol, who for the first time in weeks looked relaxed and happy.

After the party she went up to her room and took out the letter she had received earlier along with the box. She read through it again-

Dear Mimi,

 Congrats on your engagement to Chanyeol. I’m so proud of you!! The internet here is awful, hence the old-fashion handwritten letter. The wedding is on the 04th of October, right? I’ll try my best to make it.

 Love Chae 

It was from Chaeyeol, her best friend who had disappeared along with DBSK. The way she had addressed her- ‘Mimi’ meant that it wasn’t a casual letter, but an actual Mission. Although she wasn’t an agent herself, she had been taught all about their methods of communication and to read the signs when she had stayed with them.

However, what engagement was she talking about? Getting married to Chanyeol on the 4th of October, which was more than a year later? Confused, she took out the box and opened it. Inside, nestled in cotton, was a necklace with a pear shaped pendant. The words ‘Neoreul Wihae’* were engraved on its surface. Yunho had ensured that she knew basic self defense and always carried a beacon with her, should anything go wrong. She realized that since the necklace was a gift from Chae, it meant that wearing it would allow DBSK and Chae to track her movements. She just stared at it, open mouthed when realization struck her. 4th of October, i.e, 1004 is verbally read out as ‘chunsa’, which meant Angel. Mission Angel?

 

..............

Hey guys, remember it was originally a short story so it will be pretty quick paced..
Please comment if you like it!!

 

Rae