Figured it out!

Mission- Uncover moles

Check out previous chapter which has a list of words~

............................................................................................

“CHEEEEENNNNN I NEED HEELLLPPPP” Mi Rae screamed on the top of her voice. Within a second, Chen was by her side, looking a little confused. He raised one of his eyebrows and she smiled sheepishly in return. “Can you tell me about that very important agent whose cover was blown around 3 months ago?” He nodded and led her into the room he and Lay shared. “Why are you asking this all of a sudden? I thought I had explained that to you along with how DBSK’s mission became a huge failure.”

“Yes, you also told me that in order to protect all other agents, DBSK had to stage a split. It not only helped protect the identity of the NDI head but also created enough chaos for all physical proofs of their activities to be destroyed and for DBSK to cover their tracks.”

“Exactly; due to this, all our training activities had come to a standstill.  You do know that we are an ‘entertainment company’ on the outside, while in reality we receive high profile and specialized training to aid in activities related to protection of important personnel, uncovering of illegal and corrupt activities and control use of military weapons? Lee Sooman started the company to disguise our true training. He had an ingenious thought. Why do all agents need to be invisible? Sometimes, people miss things that are in plain sight. He used this common human misperception to place agents all over the world who could carry out their duties smoothly without any chances of counterattack due to their obvious fame. However after Jihoon sunbae’s death, it was found that the agent along with him was a mole. Since then, an investigation began within NDI. Suspicious people are immediately removed from the organization after they are tricked into revealing their true intentions. NDI has almost finished investigations, so it won’t be long before DBSK can have a comeback and meet you again. So don’t worry.”

“Chen, you said that they asked you guys to take of me while they tried to sort out everything. Is that why it is impossible to contact them?”

“You’ll never know who will intercept our communications. Except for a few cases that are updated ambiguously, there is literally nothing anyone can get if they hack into our systems as of now. Everything is being reprogrammed from scratch and only a few who have official reasons to excuse themselves from their ‘ Idol’ activities are actively involved in the reformation. Of course that means DBSK.”

“Wait; so there are some cases that were updated? Chen, I think Chaeyeol just attempted to pass some information to you guys through this letter she sent me. Can you please access the data and check if you can find anything remotely related to Angel?”

“Angel? How do you know that word Mi Rae?”

She showed Chen the letter. He carefully read the words neatly written on the sheet and looked up at her in surprise. He immediately retrieved his laptop and accessed the main site. He typed the phrase ‘A.N.GELL’ and opened the one and only file that showed up.

“A.N.Gell was the mission that caused agent Kim Jihoo’s death and the uproar that followed. There seems to be some changes made to this file. Let me read through this. Could you call the others by then?” said Chen as he focused on the document.

2 minutes later, the boys and Mi Rae were in Chanyeol’s room, as Chen explained what he had found. “It’s brilliant really! Even if someone accessed the document, they wouldn’t be able to figure out the changes. Since we know the entire data by heart, I found a few signs that seemed to be added later on. You are right Mi Rae. DBSK sunbaes and Chaeyeol did send us a message. They found who the last mole in our organization is. However, this one is tricky. We need to confirm whether or not it is her. The moment we confirm her identity as the spy, DBSK sunbaes will take care of things from wherever they are.”

“Her? It’s a female agent?”

“Nope, she’s a female trainee. And her name is Baek Yoonhee.”

She turned to exchange looks with Chanyeol, eyes widened in shock.

……………………………………

“Luhan? Can you tell me again as to what we are doing here?” asked a flustered Mi Rae.

“Rae~ if you are engaged, then you need to wear a ring, right? It’s perfect! The trainee will find out about your engagement to Chanyeol and will try to keep in contact with him in order to continue spying. We are banking on your acting skills. You just have to be able to annoy her as a loving fiancé who has Chanyeol’s favour. No better way to make her lower her defenses than jealously.” He replied as they entered the jewelry store.

“Good evening Mr.Lu. It’s always a pleasure to have you here. How may we help you?” said the manager himself.

“I’d like to buy an engagement ring for the lady. Tell me Rae, what would you like? Oppa will buy it for you.” He said, gazing at her with a look of pure adoration. Mi Rae felt her cheeks become red as customers and sales persons alike began to compliment them, calling them a ‘perfect match’.

“We are not-” she started to correct their obvious misconception, but was interrupted by Luhan, who said “I know right? She’s the one to blame for all the heartbreaks I caused. Please keep it a secret though, for nobody knows about it yet.”

With difficulty she stopped herself from punching him. This deer faced innocent looking dude could surely act really well. She coughed and decided to help him, smiling shyly. “I don’t want anything fancy, Lulu…. Something small will do. You can get me a big ring for our wedding, yeobo*.” She added the last bit, hoping to get revenge for his words before. To her horror, he took it to his advantage and cuddled against her, making her freeze in her place. At home this was normal (the boys except for Lay and Kris, were skin-ship monsters), but out here it was definitely weird hugging someone who was not him.

It was the longest hour in her life. All thanks to Luhan, of course.

 

......................

Yay! You are beautiful reference!! <3
Please keep in mind that I've mixed fiction and reality (obviously) so all that I type may sound convincing but they may not be real. 
Also I want to warn and apologise in advance- If I touch upon any sensitive topic, I really mean no harm!