Crash?

Mission- Uncover moles

“Oh? When did I fall asleep?” Mi Rae asked herself as she sat up on the sofa, a blanket falling to the ground. The clock read 5:30 pm. She saw Xiumin sitting down, watching T.V. When he saw her get up, he gave her a bag inside which there was a box and a letter. “You got this by post. Before you ask, Chanyeol woke up an hour ago, ate and left. He said something about clearing things with someone.” She thanked him and walked to the kitchen, offering to make some tea. She dropped the bag on the kitchen table and then switched the kettle on to boil water. She was standing on her tiptoes, trying to reach for the mugs when she slipped and pushed one of them to the side. It fell on the floor with a crash and she felt her heart stop for a minute. She felt a dull signal go off in her gut, and experienced one of those this-is-a-bad-omen feelings. Xiumin immediately ran into the kitchen and stared at the ground in shock. “Are you hurt anywhere? Go sit down, I’ll help.” saying that he started clearing up the mess. She sat down at the table and absentmindedly fidgeted with the bag. She took out the letter and began to read it. By the time she finished, her heart was beating very fast and her breathing was uneven. “Who is it from, Mi Rae?” asked Xiumin.

 Before she could reply to him, Kris came running down the stairs, Lay and Tao at his heels. “We have to leave immediately. Chanyeol got into an accident and he is being taken to the hospital right now. It was a stranger who answered his phone” said Kris is a slightly panicky voice. As they got into the car, Mi Rae lightly tapped Kris’ shoulder and asked him “When did it happen?” “Exactly 5 minutes before I called Chanyeol’s phone.” He replied and got into the driver’s seat.

………………………………

He was sleeping when we got to the hospital. He had injured his calf due to the collision with an incoming motorbike while crossing the road. The motorcyclist had tried to pass a red signal; hence he was legally responsible for paying for the damages. The injury was a serious one and the doctor prohibited Chanyeol from training for at least a month. Hearing that he had cried, for he felt like a burden to his fellow members who would definitely struggle in his absence. However since it was a comeback including all 12 members of EXO, it was decided that the schedule be pushed back by a month, allowing Chanyeol to participate after he fully recovers.

 It was way past visiting hours, but being friends with people who ranged from idols to the sons of hospital owners definitely had its perks. Mi Rae had refused to go home until she could speak to Chanyeol, hence Lay and Xiumin had offered to stay with her while Kris and Tao left to inform the others about the changes in their schedule. It was about 2am when he opened his eyes and focused on his surroundings. He found Mi Rae sitting on the couch, attempting to read a Manhwa*. She sniffed slightly and said to herself “Brilliant, I have developed a cold. Do I just pop in next door and borrow some med- Channie! Are you conscious or is this you sleep-talking?”

“I didn’t say anything for you to call it sleep-talking.” He replied, beckoning her towards his side. Mi Rae looked at him expectantly, hoping that he had managed to do what he had initially set out to do before the accident. However his expression was enough for her to figure out that the talk hadn’t gone as well as he wanted. “I met her….. It seems she only dated me because I’m an idol; someone with looks, name and fame, hence perfect boyfriend material.”

“She said that directly to you? You didn’t over hear some conversation or anything, right?”

“Mi Rae, she said that directly to me. I couldn’t believe it at first. What angers me the most is the fact that she is least bothered about this relationship. It’s as if I’m the only one who took it seriously. I thought she would understand since she is a trainee herself-”

“Park Chanyeol, did you take it serious enough for you to be so distracted that you didn’t even notice a motorbike coming your way? Has this girl affected you so much that-”

“I’ve decided to forget it all, Rae. I’m tired of blaming myself for everything. It’s hard enough that I have to be the perfect idol for our fans; I don’t think I want to have such confusing problems to deal with as well. However it doesn’t mean that I will be able to recover within the blink of an eye. I put all my hopes on this girl. Is it wrong to want help in forgetting everything? Mi Rae, didn’t we help you a lot these past weeks?”

“Chan, my situation is different. I don’t even know where anyone is, what they are doing or why they are missing! How would you feel if one fine day every single person you knew was suddenly missing without any explanation or prior warnings? You would feel hopeless and you would start wondering if you were that despicable a person that everybody just left. In your case, I will never let you think that way. If anyone is at fault it’s her, not you. Although I would suggest that you be a little understanding, you still have every right to decide when to stop. So whatever your decision is, I’m here for you, okay? Cheer up Chan. What will you tell your cousin when he comes back? Yoochun will be horrified if he hears that you almost died because your fan girl did not have true feelings towards you. What?! Don’t give me that look. I know that she is a delusional sasaeng-fan girl, who else could possibly be interested in you?”

“You come here. Who would be interested in me is it? You dwarf, come here!!”

“You think I want to die young? No way am I coming close to you!”

“Yah! You- aaahhhhh my leg! It hurts!!!”

“Chanyeol! Are you okay? Should I call the- ack. WHAT ARE YO- HAAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH”

“Now look who is talking.” *tickles*

Meanwhile at the door- “It’s good that Yunho sunbae asked us to take care of her for a while.” said Lay to Xiumin, who replied “If Chanyeol is the mood maker of the group, then she is the one who controls his moods. Should we up to her then?” Lay just smiled.

“Come on Mi Rae. We have to go home now. Kris will stay here for tonight and will bring the others here tomorrow. He is on his way here with the car so let’s go down, auw?”

“Okay Lay-shi. Good night Chanyeol and I will definitely have my revenge later.”