Sharing Parents

Colorful Rainbow

Note:

As usual, The Blue font color represent what the twins thinking.

 

Chanyeol was a Mama Boy. He wouldn’t share his beloved Mama to anyone else. Well, except his twins. But it was like he owned his Mama by 75% when his twins got the rest 25%.

 

Being the maknae in his family, Chanyeol got a lot of attention by default. It’s not like Yixing who was born 5 minutes earlier was neglected at all. Because his calm nature, Yixing was handled by his father and the grandfathers more while Chanyeol was handled by his mother and the grandmothers.

 

Because of that, Chanyeol was a bit possessive about his mother. He wouldn’t let his mother left him alone, although he was okay if his twins accompany him. Even his father couldn’t get in touch with his mother if Chanyeol was around.

 

That time, Luhan brought his family on a small picnic at the nearest park in their neighbourhood. It was a beautiful park near the Han River with a lot of trees and flowers. It’s a late spring, so the weather was perfect for family outing.

 

Chanyeol was enjoying this trip a lot. He’s clinging to his mother so his mother was carrying him all along the way while his father was carrying his twins.

 

“Waaaaaawawawa” Chanyeol was babbling while pointing his tiny finger at something. Minseok saw what his son trying to say.

 

“It’s a butterfly, Chanyeol. Bu… tter… fly... It’s pretty isn’t it?”

 

“Waaaawawawa” Chanyeol let out another babble sound.

 

Minseok chuckled when he see how Chanyeol tried to imitate him. He pecked the boy’s head and make the baby laugh.

 

Chanyeol loved it when his mother did it to him. It made him feel like he got all of his mother’s attention on him.

 

Meanwhile, Yixing was totally bored in his father embrace. He felt a big regret that he didn’t bring his favourite unicorn plushie, Mr. Hornie, with him. Yes, beware when you read it because it’s not Mr. even though they somehow similar when you read them.

 

“Look Xing! It’s Sunflower!” Luhan showed the baby the flowers that grow at the park.

 

Yixing looked at it and still felt un-amused. He already knew how the shape and the flower’s name. He only interested in something new, so he can learn what it was called and how its shape looked like.

 

He just gave his father a small nod because he didn’t want his father felt like he didn’t enjoy the trip. He enjoyed it because it’s a rare moment that their family had an outing like this.

 

Yixing just let out another sigh when his father pointed out some cherry-blossom trees that grew along side the pedestrian way. “Look Xing! Cherry-blossom!”

 

“Please, Ba. I already know that word for 3 months. Could you just give me another new word? If only Mama was the one who was carrying me. But Chanyeol always has Mama with him. Hmmm…”

 

*

 

Chanyeol felt bored. He had his dinner, he had a nice bath, he had his favourite pyjamas, he had his favourite giraffe plushie with him, but he still felt so energetic. Meanwhile his brother was way too calm for one year old baby.

 

He kept rolling himself around his box but he still felt his energy so high. He let out a small sigh before crawl to his brother box.

 

“Yo! Sleep already?”

 

His brother didn’t give an answer.

 

Weird.

 

His brother usually replied him. He tried to climb to his brother box. He threw his pillow to his brother box and carefully climbing the box. He threw himself to his pillow and landing successfully on his brother’s box.

 

He saw his brother was breathing weakly. He touched his brother and felt burn. Something was wrong.

 

“MAAAAA!!!!!!!” Chanyeol screamed out loudly.

 

The parents came right after Chanyeol screamed.

 

“What happened, Chanyeol?” his mother looked so worry.

 

Chanyeol pointed out his tiny finger to his brother. “Xing… Xing…”

 

The parents were amazed. Chanyeol just let out his first word.

 

Chanyeol felt so frustrated when his parents were silently standing there when his brother was in danger.

 

“XING… HOT!!!”

 

Finally his mother seemed understand what he was trying to say because his mother came to check his brother.

 

“Oh my, Yixing got fever! Luhan! Bring a basin of cold water quickly!”

 

His father was quickly stormed out to the kitchen while his mother was carrying his brother. For the first time in his life Chanyeol was not envy to his brother being in his mother embrace.

 

When his father came back bringing a basin of cold water, his mother quickly instructed his father to call their family doctor. “Call doctor Choi! I’ll try to reduce his temperature.”

 

His father quickly carrying Chanyeol with him before made a call to the doctor. For another the first time in his life, Chanyeol felt it was okay when his father carrying him. It slightly felt different when his mother carrying him. His father gave the more secure feeling, like he was being protected by a strong power. While his mother gave more a nurture feeling, like he was being wrapped by a warm blanket.

 

That night was a quite big chaos for the family. Luckily, Yixing’s fever was caused by having too much sunlight when they had outing in the morning. The fever was going down in the morning. Yixing still felt a bit warm, but not that hot anymore.

 

“Yo brother.” Chanyeol called his brother.

 

“Hmmm…” Yixing just let out a small sound. He still felt unwell.

 

“Next time, just say it if you want to have mother attention. I don’t mind being with Baba for a while.”

 

“Hmmm…” Yixing just gave similar answer before fall asleep again.

 

That day, Chanyeol was playing a lot with his father when his mother cared for Yixing. Chanyeol didn’t mind it at all. Sharing their parents’ attention was not that bad.