The First Five Years Guideline

Colorful Rainbow

The Twin 1st Year

 

 

Minseok felt so blessed. He has the best husband. Yeah, his husband’s easy-to-distract-habit is somehow still there sometimes. Minseok seemed already getting used to it because that trait makes Luhan being Luhan he knows for years. His parents and his parents-in-law really are the BEST. Minseok needs to caps-lock it. The grandparents help him raised the twins. The grandmothers always come to his house exactly after Luhan and the grandfathers went to work. The grandmothers also help him to do some house cores and to take care the babies. The grandfathers always spoil the twin with so many gifts. The grandfathers help to watch the babies when he and the grandmothers have something to do like cooking, shopping, gossiping, etc.

 

 

Don’t forget about the babies. His twin like the best combo he ever imagined. Yixing is a very well behave baby. He’s not easily crying. He is closer to his father and the grandfathers. That actually makes Minseok worry A LOT. All the bad traits seemed come from the fathers for God’s shake. Chanyeol is a very energetic baby. He just can’t stay still for a moment. He kind of has Luhan trait which is easy-to-distract. Give him a new toy and he’ll forget the old toys. Fortunately he is closer to Minseok and the grandmothers. It assured Minseok that Chanyeol will grow well and fine. The good things come from the mothers of course.

 

 

His twins are having their birthday tomorrow. The grandmothers already prepare the food they will cook and some stuffs while the grandfathers busy to spoils their grandsons. Luhan is still working at his office. His brother, Baekhyun, is still busy finishing his fashion show in Milan but he had already booked the flight right after the show ended. His brother in law, Sehun, is kind of busy with his job as a new lawyer but he promised to finish his job before the party. Yeah, they only will hold a family party for this event.

 

 

“Minseok-ah!” His father-in-law called him while carrying a crying Chanyeol.

 

 

“Yes?” He took Chanyeol from his father-in-law immediately and the boy is suddenly stops crying and then babbled some unclear words. “He was suddenly crying when we played.”

 

 

Minseok who knows his son’s trait just smile. “He’s hungry. I bet Yixing is also hungry. Mom! Help me to support the twins. It’s their meal time.” Minseok went to his bedroom while carrying Chanyeol. His mother came after that carrying Yixing who looks so dazed off. Minseok then took off his clothes and started -feeding his twins with his mother’s support. It’s not easy to -feed the twins at once.

 

 

The grandfathers then help his mother-in-law to rearrange some furnitures. The boys are sleeping after they have their meals. “Mom, can you help to prepare the dinner? It seems the others still busy to rearrange something. I’ll help you after the twins are in a deep slumber.” His mother then gave a kiss on the boys forehead. “Sure! We’ll have an amazing dinner with the new recipe I found.”

 

 

Minseok just smile. He really has amazing parents and parents-in-law.

 

 

*

 

 

The Twin 2nd Years

 

 

“Chanyeol! Stop splashing the water!” Minseok can hear his father is scolding his son yet he just let it be. The twins are having a bath time and the grandfathers help him to bathe the kids. Minseok’s father took Chanyeol while Luhan’s father took Yixing.

 

 

The laughter from the bathroom filled out the entire house. The grandmothers still busy to pick what clothes should their grandson wearing after bath. Minseok is enjoying his afternoon tea and let the crowd from the grandparents-grandsons uninterrupted.

 

 

A sudden kiss lands on his cheek. “Enjoying your tea, My Queen?”

 

 

Minseok feels so engrossed. Luhan keep calling him ‘My Queen’ right after their best they ever had when they almost got break up years ago.

 

 

“Geez. You and your cheesiness. Tsk~”

 

 

Luhan just laughs. “Oh, come on. You like it, don’t you.”

 

 

Minseok just frowns. “You come home way too early.” He tried to avoid his husband’s cheesiness.

 

 

“Why? Can’t I have some quality time with my wife and family?”

 

 

Finally, his husband easy-to-distract habit is very helpful in this kind of situation.

 

 

“No, it’s just weird to see you at this time when the sun still shining so bright.”

 

 

Luhan just brought Minseok in to his embrace and kiss him softly. “I need some quality time too, you know?” Minseok just laugh. It’s been a while when they have some times like this.

 

 

Their so-called-quality-time get interrupted when Minseok’s father yelling from the bathroom. “Minseok-ah! Get us some towels and Luhan’s clothes! Chanyeol successfully drench our clothes!”

 

 

“OMG! MY EYES!” Minseok’s mother screamed out when he saw his son and his son-in-law still kissing. Luhan’s mother just gave them the warn look. “You still have to wait a bit until the twins bigger. You’re gonna be in a mess when having 2-year-old twin toddlers bouncing everywhere and new born baby.”

 

 

Luhan just shrugged while Minseok run to bring the grandfathers the towels and changing clothes.

 

 

*

 

 

The Twin 3rd Years

 

 

Minseok is watching his twins play at the playground nearby. Chanyeol seems so happy and keep bouncing all over around while Yixing is busy playing with his Unicorn plushie at the corner of the playground alone. Minseok begins to worry with Yixing’s personality. He’s not too sociable, so he almost has no friend. All the kids play well with Chanyeol. Don’t tell me he got my coldness and Luhan’s forgetful trait.

 

 

When they’re going home, Chanyeol is busy telling his mother who is who and how they play while Yixing just follow his mother who hold the twins’ hands. It makes Minseok worry a lot. Yixing was actually the first who could speak the clear words while Chanyeol was still babbled something when they’re still babies.

 

 

“Lu, don’t you think that Yixing is too quiet for his age?” he finally told his husband his worry.

 

 

His husband just gives him a pat on his hair. “Don’t worry too much. Sehun was kind of like that when he was at Yixing’s age.”

 

 

It doesn’t make him feel better. “What if something wrong with him?”

 

 

“Something like what?”

 

 

Minseok seems hesitate. “It’s just something I learned from college. It is developmental disorder called autism.”

 

 

Luhan looks lost a bit but then he comforts his wife. “You worry a lot. You’ve been a good mother for the kids.”

 

 

Minseok still feel insecure. “But…”

 

 

Luhan shut his wife with a kiss. “Let’s check him tomorrow. It’s about their routine check-up, right? If Yixing has it, then let him be. That’s mean we must work harder to raise him.”

 

 

They finally have Yixing checked at the hospital. The kids have no problem with their health. The doctor just makes Minseok sure to check the twins’ diet since both of the kids hate vegetables. He is still waiting for Yixing’s result because the test takes longer and his worry just growing bigger. The child psychologist said they need 2-3 days to analyze the result.

 

 

3 days later, the child psychologist told him that Yixing is perfectly fine. His IQ score is 150 and what makes Minseok more surprised that Yixing is actually good in non-verbal language. The child psychologist suggested him to make Yixing learn to write so his son can express his mind by his writing as Yixing actually can write. She also suggested him to make Yixing learn to read more complex stories and try to make Yixing learn another language because Yixing is too good in that area so he needs to properly watch Yixing’s psychological development.

 

 

Minseok feels so relieved but also confused. How can he manage to make Yixing learn all of those things while Chanyeol keep bouncing all over?

 

 

Luhan seem to know his wife’s worry. “Don’t worry. You have a husband and father-in-law who fluent in Chinese, Korean, English, Spanish, and French. Don’t forget about your mother-in-law who is an ex-teacher too!”

 

 

*

 

 

The Twin 4th Year

 

 

“Chanyeol! Stop running! Wear your clothes first!” Minseok yelled at the laughing boy who is running all over the room. “Luhan! Catch your son! He’ll catch the flu if he’s not wearing clothes! Fast!”

 

 

Minseok helps Yixing wearing his dress while his husband busy to catch Chanyeol who is faster than his father.

 

 

“Mom.” Yixing is suddenly speaking.

 

 

“Yes, son?”

 

 

“The Deer King and The Frozen Queen have a unicorn and an elf. They might wait the new addition to their story. Will the unborn prince bring more happiness? Will the unborn prince bring another disaster?”

 

 

Minseok lost in word. How can a 4 years old kid have this kind of words and imagination?

 

 

“Believe me My Queen. I saw the stars kept changing its shape. Mars kept shine brightly while Mercury seemed a bit slower than it used to be. The lightning, the thunder, the storm, are either bring destruction but bring a new hope. They stabilized the electron and clean up the blue planet.”

 

 

Okay. Minseok seems want to add something more. He thinks Yixing is reading books too much.

 

 

*

 

 

The Twin 5th Years

 

 

“Chanyeol-ah! Give that eyeliner to Uncle!” Minseok’s brother, Baekhyun, yelled at Chanyeol who is running away with his eyeliner. “NO! Uncle looks scary with this thing on your face!”

 

 

Yixing is sleeping soundly in Sehun, Luhan’s brother, arm. Yixing seems in a deep slumber because he didn’t mind when his Uncle keep pecking his forehead.

 

 

The Uncles are accompanying the nephews because Minseok is going to giving birth and the grandparents are waiting the newest grandson. Don’t ask about Luhan. He got his hair pulled and his skin scratched like the previous time when Minseok gave birth to the twins.

 

 

Baekhyun finally manage to catch Chanyeol who keep running in the house after 15 or so minutes. “Catch you little devil!” Baekhyun hugs Chayeol tightly and tickle him. “Aaaaaaaa Uncle NO! hahahahaha”

 

 

It made Yixing awake. Sehun just shake him slowly to make his nephew back in his sleep. Baekhyun gave him an apologizing look while Chanyeol shut his mouth.

 

 

“The Thunder…” Yixing whispered.

 

 

Sehun seems so confused. “Thunder? Having a dream about thunder, Xing?”

 

 

Yixing looks at his uncle eyes. “The thunder is coming. The Deer King and The Frozen Queen are surrounded by lightning. The storm finally comes to sweep the Blue Planet. The Dragon Clan and The Dew Goddess are happy. The Tanned-skin Dancer and The Earth Mother are also happy. The Elf will calm down with The Lightning while The Unicorn is being freed.”

 

 

The Uncles confuse with what Yixing has said. Chanyeol is still giggling because his uncle still hugs him tightly. What the hell is this kid saying?

 

 

Meanwhile in hospital, the grandparents look so relieved when Minseok finally moved to his room. Minseok feels so tired but comparing to the previous giving birth process, this one is a bit easier because he just has 1 son to deliver this time.

 

 

The nurse comes in and brings his newborn son to him. “What do you want to name him?”

 

 

“Jongdae. His name is Jongdae.” Minseok smiles weakly.

 

 

Luhan and the parents are smile happily.

 

 

Meanwhile at the house, the uncles cheers up when the grandmothers called them that the baby was born. “Yeol! Xing! You’re finally a hyung!” Baekhyun scream in happiness.

 

 

Chanyeol seems a bit confuse. “Hyung? What is a Hyung?” he looks at Yixing. “Ge, you know what that means?”

 

 

Yixing just gives his blank expression to Chanyeol. Chanyeol who knows his twin brother so much is in disbelief. “How can it be? It can’t be the same! Like I call you ‘Gege’ even you were born 5 minutes earlier? Well, this baby was born 5 years after me, you get that point though.”

 

 

The uncles just don’t believe what they heard.

 

 

Note:

The first story is a guideline for what happen during the first 5 years on their family. Hope you enjoy it! :D