Chapter 23

Runaway Mate
Please log in to read the full chapter

Kyuhyun was already in the kitchen by he time Sungmin came down in the morning. She stood there not knowing what to do. 

"We'll be going early. Make sure you are ready by then." Kyuhyun said getting up from his chair not looking at her.

"I already packed everything. Ryeowook said I can get changed there." Sungmin said back. 

Kyuhyun just grunted in response before turning around and walking to her. "Where did you sleep last night?  In the closet?" Kyuhyun asked stopping in front of her. 

"I'm sorry. I didn't mean to." Sungmin said in a small voice. "Please, don't be mad."

"I'm not sure it's anger I'm feeling. I'm more dissapointed." Kyuhyun said staring at her. 

"I'm sorry." Sungmin mumbled not knowing what else to stay. 

"Why are you sorry, Minnie? Did you do something wrong? Stop saying sorry. I'm getting tired of hearing it." Kyuhyun said shaking his head before leaving. 

 

❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤

 

"Wake up, love."Hangeng whispered making Heechul squirm in her sleep. 

Heechul cracked her eyes open to find Hangeng hovering over her smiling widely. She felt like her chest is going to burst with all the happiness and love she's feeling. 

"I really hope all this I'm feeling right now is half yours. Otherwise something is really wrong with me cause I'm not this sappy." Heechul said rolling her eyes.

"I love you." Hangeng said pecking her forehead. 

"Sappy." Heechul said back trying not to smile. "How come I can feel your emotions and not have a mind link with you?" Heechul asked frowning. 

"It takes time for the bond to strengthen. You feeling my emotions means the bond is strengthening. Give it a few days and you'll be fully bonded to me. But we can always speed up the process." Hangeng said slowly running the tips of his fingers up and down her body making Heechul shiver. 

"How?" Heechul asked already breathless. 

"Like this." Hangeng answered pushing up her night dress. 

There was a knock on the door as Hangeng started to trail kisses down to her neck. 

"Someone's at the door." Heechul managed to say in between pants. 

"I don't care." Hangeng murmured and nibbling on her mark making Heechul moan loudly and tighten her hold on him.

"Noona..." Hongki called from the other side in between knocking. 

"Go away!! She's busy." Hangeng growled as Heechul pushed him back to get up from the bed. 

"Stop it. Oh my god!!! look at the time." Heechul cried, catching sight of the bedside clock, eyeing Hangeng in disbelief. 

"What?" Hangeng asked back grinning. 

"It's almost mid day. Why didn't you wake me up?" Heechul asked hitting Hangeng in the shoulder. 

"You looked tired." Hangeng said shrugging leaning in to her. 

"And whose fault is it?" Heechul asked rolling her eyes and pushing him away. 

"If I remember correctly you were the one who asked me not stop. Actually begged me." Hangeng's words made a blush creep up Heechul's face. 

"Hangeng!!!" Heechul cried out in exasperation. 

"Heechul.." Hangeng replied nuzzling her neck. 

"Oh.. Stop it. I'm out of here." Heechul said all but running into the bathroom her mate's chuckle ringing in her ears. 

Heechul walked downstairs to see Hongki and Taemin waiting for her. 

"I'm sorry guys. I overslept. Did you had breakfast?" Heechul asked smiling. 

"Noona, we're leaving today." Hongki said in small voice. 

"What?!! Why?" Heechul asked frowning. 

"Geunsuk Oppa is back." Taemin mumbled.

"That doesn't mean you have to go. Stay for a few more days." Heechul said looking at Hongki. 

"Taeminnie already missed three days class. Also I have to get back to my job." Hongki said shaking his head. 

"But you two just got here. I'll miss you." Heechul said. "I don't want you guys to go."

"We know that and we'll miss you too, Noona. But this time I'm happy to leave because I know you're safe here and nobody will hurt you." Hongki said hugging Heechul. 

"We're so happy for you, Unnie. Your mate is a very good person." Taemin added joining the hug. 

Hangeng was looking through his closet when he felt Heechul's hands wrap around his waist. He could feel her sadness through the bond they shared. 

"What's wrong, baby?" Hangeng asked concerned turning around to face her. 

"Hongki and Taeminnie are leaving today." Heechul whispered burying her face in his chest.

"Oh... Do you want me to make them stay? I can lock them up." Hangeng offered pressing his lips to her forehead. 

Heechul laughed at Hangeng's offer. "No, it's okay.  Taeminnie had already missed enough of her classes." Heechul said shaking her head. "But I feel sad." Heechul mumbled. 

"That's not good. I don't like you being sad." Hangeng said pulling back to look at Heechul. "How about this?  We can go to the party early so that you'll get enough time to catch up with your friend before anyone gets there." Hangeng offered. 

"We can?" Heechul asked hopefully. "I'm dying to talk to her."

"We can." Hangeng confirmed smiling at the happiness in Heechul's face. 

"You're the best mate ever." She said getting on her tiptoes to peck him. 

"I know." Hangeng said smugly pulling her in for a kiss. 

Heechul rolled her eyes at him returned the kiss with the same passion.

 

❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤

 

The party was held in the backyard of Kangin's pack house. None of the guests have arrived when Kyuhyun and Sungmin got there after an extremely silent and awkward drive of an hour.

Leeteuk was all smiles as she welcomed them. 

"I couldn't even remember your face. I was so out of it when we first met. Must be the anaesthesia." Leeteuk said smiling as she moved in to hug Sungmin. "But I knew you were cute." She added as she pulled back. 

Sungmin smiled despite herself at the cheerful mood of Leeteuk. 

"Where's Inha?" Kyuhyun asked for his neice. 

"She's with Kangin in the backyard. I swear he won't let her down even for a minute." Leeteuk complained in a fond tone. 

"Well, I'll take care of that." Kyuhyun said before walking inside. 

Leeteuk laughed showing her dimples. "Come on in. Wookie's waiting inside." Leeteuk said pulling Sungmin with her. 

Ryeowook was very excited to see Sungmin and pulled her into the room to get changed without even waiting a second. 

"You look wonderful." Ryeowook said clapping her hands after finishing Sungmin's makeup and giving her a once over. 

Sungmin was not so sure after seeing Leeteuk in her red dress she knew Leeteuk looked a ten times better than her. And not to mention Ryeowook who was practically glowing in her yellow romper. 

"Thank you." Sungmin said nonetheless offering Ryeowook a small smile. 

"Come on. The guests are starting to come. And I didn't make you gorgeous so that you could admire it yourself." Ryeowook said smiling. 

Kyuhyun was talking to Changmin and Yesung when the door to the backyard opened. He noticed Ryeowook pulling someone from the inside of the house. He felt his throat going dry at the sight of Sungmin who was walking behind Ryeowook. Sungmin was wearing a white flowy dress that reached till her knee. Somehow she reminded him of an angel. He knew his opinion is baised but damn his mate looked good in a white dress. 

"Wow!!  I didn't know Minnie went blonde." Changmin commented in an awed tone. 

Kyuhyun paid him no attention as all his concentration was on Sungmin who was approaching him slowly.

"Hi, guys." Ryeowook greeted as she reached them. Yesung pulled her to him and pecked her. 

"You look amazing." Kyuhyun breathed out as Sungmin reached him. 

Sungmin blushed and offered him a shy smile. Kyuhyun leaned in unable to stop himself to press his lips against hers. Sungmin tried her best not to pull back but everyone noticed the way she went still. Kyuhyun pulled back at the lack of response and stared at Sungmin. 

"Enough being cheesy, Kyu." Ryeowook said taking Sungmin's hand and pulled her away noticing the atmosphere. 

"That was awkward." Changmin said when Sungmin was out of hearing range."Did you guys fight or something?"

Kyuhyun didn't answer as he was trying to stop himself from going after Sungmin. He turned away and walked into the house to calm down. 

Changmin frowned watching his best friend. 

Kyuhyun came out after he made sure he was calm enough an

Please log in to read the full chapter