Chapter 10

Runaway Mate
Please log in to read the full chapter

Siwon went still at the sight of Sungmin. He blinked once, twice and shook his head to make sure he was not having a nightmare. His eyes met Sungmin's for a second and he was taken aback by the anger in them. 

As soon as they were inside the house Sungmin excused herself to the bathroom. She took her time looking for the bathroom. And finally found one in a first floor room. She closed the door and leaned against it taking a deep breath to calm down. Her day was getting more and more disastrous, firstly her best friend abandoned her, then her mate finds her and on top of that she gets to meet her Ex. 

"Wonderful!!!" She exclaimed staring at the ceiling. "Kim Heechul you're gonna pay for this when I see you next time." Sungmin growled angrily before sighing. 

"Are you sure Rella was not there?" Hangeng asked as they all settled down on the living room. 

"Yes, Hyung. We checked the whole building and the surrounding areas twice and even waited for an hour to see whether she would turn up. But there was no sign of her." Kyuhyun said shaking his head.

Hangeng nodded his head sighing in defeat. Siwon placed a reassuring hand on his shoulder. 

"Gege, maybe Minnie will know where she's?" Zhoumi said trying to cheer him up. 

"I don't know where she is." Sungmin said coming back into the room. 

Everyone's attention turned to her. "Don't lie." Hangeng warned narrowing his eyes at her. 

Kyuhyun stood up to stand next to Sungmin protectively.

"Geng, please calm down." Siwon said in a gentle tone. He didn't want this to turn into fight between Hangeng and Kyuhyun.

"I'm not lying." Sungmin said shaking her head. 

"You two left together. You should know where she's." Hangeng said in a serious tone. 

"We split up because she wanted to be alone. We're supposed to meet at the motel but she didn't turn up and Kyuhyun caught me. So I don't know where she is now. " Sungmin lied. Hangeng glared at her making her fidget."That's all I have to say. Excuse me." Sungmin excused leaving the room. 

"You know that your mate's lying, right?" Hangeng asked raising his eyebrows at Kyuhyun .  

"I know." Kyuhyun nodded his head looking apologetic. 

"Then go and ask her. I want to know where Rella is." Hangeng demanded getting impatient. 

"Hyung, I just got her back. I don't want to push her. Give her some time." Kyuhyun said looking at Hangeng worried. 

"What do you mean?  She's the only one who knows where Rella is and you want to give her time?" Hangeng asked raising his voice. 

"Geng... " Siwon called him to calm him. Kyuhyun and Zhoumi stared at Hangeng in alarm. 

Hangeng stared at Kyuhyun for a moment. "We're leaving. I can find my mate on my own. I don't need anyone's help." Hangeng said getting up.

"Gege.. Please. Let's talk about this." Zhoumi pleaded desperately taking hold of Hangeng's hands.

"Talk about what? Your Alpha made it clear there's nothing more to talk." Hangeng said furiously shaking Zhoumi's hands away.

"Hyung, I didn't mean it like that. I just wanted to give her some space. Today was hard on her." Kyuhyun explained trying to calm Hangeng. 

"How long are you planning to give her space?  And what do you expect me to do in that time?  Wait until you convince your mate to tell the truth? It's my mate out there. I don't even know how she's faring. And you want me to wait?" Hangeng asked incredulously. 

"No, Hyung. Just hear what I have to say?  Please.. " Kyuhyun asked coming to stand in front of Hangeng to stop him from leaving.

"What more is there to say? " Hangeng asked back.

"I have another plan. I found Minnie because someone called me yesterday night with her whereabouts. Maybe that person will know where Rella is." Kyuhyun explained. 

"Do you know that person?" Hangeng asked getting hopeful. 

"No, I just know that the person is a female. But I have her number in my phone. We could track her and find her location." Kyuhyun said. 

"That's a brilliant idea, Kyu.  It may work out." Siwon said clapping Kyuhyun on the shoulder. 

"And if it doesn't work out. I swear I'll make Minnie tell the truth. I won't hesitate even a second more. " Kyuhyun promised Hangeng who nodded his head in agreement. 

 

 

Heechul was still standing pressed up to the wall when Seungri walked in. 

"You're Alpha Hangeng's mate?!" He asked disbelief in his tone. 

"Yeah. Is that a crime here?" Heechul asked in a small voice. 

"Kind off. I guess since Seunghyun Hyung and Alpha Hangeng doesn't see eye to eye." Seungri said shrugging. "But don't worry I'll protect you." 

Heechul's eyes widened in alarm. "Oh.... So he's angry at me?" Heechul asked getting worried.

"No one's angry at you. Just because our mates had a petty fight few years back doesn't give Hyun any right to be angry at you." Jiyong said shaking her head. 

"Petty fight?" Heechul asked curiously. 

"Yeah, it's really silly if you ask me." Jiyong said laughing. "They both went to college together and were best friends or something. Then they both went and liked the same girl. She chose your mate and that made Seunghyun bitter. They had a fight and haven't talked to each other since then." Jiyong explained shrugging. 

"Hangeng fell in love with  someone?" Heechul asked frowning. 

"Don't get jealous. It's in the past and I think the girl left for China in the end." Jiyong said smiling at Heechul. 

Heechul offered a smile back even though on the inside she was seething with jealousy.

Just then Taeyang came into the room at the moment. "Seunghyun wants to talk to you. He's in the living room." He said to Heechul. "Alone." He added when he saw Jiyong walking with Heechul. 

"I want to be there. He can it up." Jiyong said sticking her tongue out at him. Taeyang just rolled his eyes groaning. 

Seunghyun raised an eyebrow when Jiyong walked in with Heechul. He then turned to glare at Heechul. 

"Stop it. You're making her uneasy." Jiyong scolded as she sat down on the sofa pulling Heechul next to her. 

"What's your name?" Seunghyun asked. 

"Rella. "Heechul answered back staring at the floor. 

"So I assume you're running away from Hangeng?" Seunghyun asked leaning forward. 

Heechul nodded her head in confirmation. She was afraid if she open he'll notice that she's lying. Jiyong stared at Heechul noticing her hesitation. 

Please log in to read the full chapter