Chapter 20

Runaway Mate
Please log in to read the full chapter

Heechul walked aimlessly through the forest. She was fuming mad that she didn't even realize that she was moving closer to the pack border. 

"Jerk!! Idiot!! Brat!!" Heechul cursed as she stopped walking to kick away a rock. "Did he really think I'm that stupid?" She asked herself in anger. Her Wolf kept her silence knowing their mate wronged them. She stilled when she heard a crunching sound behind her. She turned around to stare into the forest. 

"Who's it? Hangeng?" Heechul asked frowning. But she didn't get any reply. She sighed and was about to turn around when she heard the sound again.

Heechul was surprised when three men emerged from the forest. 

"Look what we found." One of them said smiling at Heechul. 

Heechul could tell that they were wolves. "Who are you guys? Don't you know that you're trespassing." Heechul asked back frowning. 

"Calm down, gorgeous. If you haven't noticed you're not in the Tan pack territory anymore. This is no man's land." The second one said smirking. 

"Well, it's kinda our land now. So you are the one trespassing." The third one added. 

"Then I'm sorry. I'll go back to my pack." Heechul said turning back. 

But one of them caught her by her wrist pulling her to a stop. "Oh.. Come on, beautiful. Don't leave yet.  What's the rush, let's get to know each other. It's not everyday we get to meet someone as beautiful as you." The man said in a husky tone making Heechul frown in disgust. 

"Let go of me, jerk!!." Heechul shouted pulling her hands back. "Don't touch me. You'll regret it. I'm not kidding, my mate will personally make sure of it." She warned taking a few steps back. 

"And who's this mate you're talking about?" One of them asked snorting. 

"My mate is Hangeng, Alpha of the Tan pack." Heechul said smugly looking at her abductors. 

A look of fear crossed the features of the three men on hearing Hangeng's name, which made Heechul proud knowing that her mate had that effect on people. 

"You're lying. He never announced that he had found his mate. We would've known." The one who seemed like their leader said raising his eyebrows. 

"He is planning to introduce me to the pack this week." Heechul said back. 

"I think she's telling the truth, Hyung. Let's not take a risk. Alpha Hangeng is someone we should never cross." The one standing next to the leader reminded with a slight fear in his tone. 

The leader took a step forward and caught Heechul's wrists as she tried to take a step back. "She's probably lying. Even if she's saying the truth and she's really the mate of Hangeng. I don't care. Don't you think she's worth the risk." He whispered his face close to Heechul's. 

Heechul struggled to get free as snuggled his face against her mark. But he tightened his hold on her. 

Heechul knew she had to do something or else the rogue will do something with her. So she did the only thing she could do. She kneed him in the crotch. 

The man let go of her and took a few steps back growling in pain. Heechul used this as a distraction and ran back in the direction she came from. From her peripheral vision she could see that the three of them had shifted. She pushed herself forward as a long howl was heard behind her. 

"!!" She cursed as she ran fast as she could. She truly regretted not mating with Hangeng at the moment. If she had mated with him she would've been able to send him a mind link about the situation. 

Heechul could feel that they were gaining on her and pushed herself to run faster. Her Wolf was fighting to get out, but Heechul knew there's not enough time for her to shift. Heechul groaned as she tripped over something and fell on the ground. Soon she found herself surrounded.

The Grey coloured Wolf whom Heechul knew was the leader walked to Heechul baring his teeth in anger.

Heechul thought of Hangeng's face as she closed her eyes. "I'm sorry." She whispered and braced herself for the attack, but it never came. She opened her eyes to see her attacker lying a few feet away from her with a large black wolf on top of him snarling in anger. 

Heechul stared at the magnificent creature fondly. "Hangeng." She called making him turn his head to look at her. Eventhough his expression remained menacing his eyes softened as they fell on Heechul. 

"Noona!!" Hongki shouted in relief as he came out of the trees followed by Onew, making Heechul turn to face him. 

"I'm fine." She assured not heeding the pain on her wrist and ankle as Hongki pulled her up gently. Heechul stared around to see many others both wolf form and human form had came out of the forest. 

"These are all our pack members?" Heechul asked in awe. 

"Yeah.." Onew said smugly smiling at Heechul's expression. 

The two other wolves knew they were in trouble as they saw their leader lying unconscious on the ground. But Siwon and Eunhyuk were fast enough to stop them from escaping. 

Hangeng turned his attention back to the wolf under him as he stirred. He almost had a heart attack when he saw the wolf trying to attack his mate. He vowed that he'll personally make sure that this rogue will regret it that he even thought of hurting Heechul.

"Bring me my clothes." Hangeng mind linked Onew who walked to Hangeng and placed a pair of jogging pants in front of him. Hangeng took it in his mouth and walked into the forest to s

Please log in to read the full chapter