Four

Thanks for the memories

I wiped the beads of sweat trickling down from my forhead, bending forward, to catch my breath. I walked over to the benches that lined the practice room and gulped down my water. I pulled my phone out of my pocket, my heart stopping the moment I turn it on. Three missed calls from my Dad and two text messages.

 Well, .

Taking a deep breath, I open the messages.

From: Dad
Minseok where are you? Come home now.

From: Dad 
Minseok, you better not be at that dance studio. I want you to come home now and study.

I shakily slipped my phone back into my pocket and leaned against the wall. Dance was my escape from the hardships in life. My mother enrolled my in dance classes when I was seven and I had taken a liking to it ever since. It was my passion, and I wanted to pursue it. However, my Father strongly disapproved. He thought it was a waste of time energy that could go towards my studies. He wanted me to become a doctor or engineer.

 I was tempted to stay the night at the studio but, the longer I was away from home the angrier my father would be. Maybe I could lie? Thats it! I'd tell my father I was studying with a friend from school, and if he asked who, I'd use Luhan's name. Confident my plan would work, I quickly collected my things and ran back home.

"Where have you been?" My father's bellowed, his voice echoing throughout the house, sending shivers down my spine. My mother stared at me disapprovingly and told my sister to go to her room.

"I was studying." I answered, trying to conceal the truth.

"With who? Is it one of your idiot friends from school? Minseok how many times have I told you, they are bad influences!" He paused to think for a moment before starting again, "Why can't you be like Tao? He's such a good kid, bringing home good grades and making his parents happy."

I tried not to yell back at the comment about Tao. He was a good friend but the fact that I was always being compared to the the his goody two shoes personality got on my nerves. "It's not someone you know, I met him recently. He lives in our complex though. His name is Luhan."

"Next time bring him here to study, I need to meet this Luhan." He got up and left the room.

I sighed in relief, my lie had worked. This meant I'd have to have Luhan over tomorrow, so we can "study". I felt butterflies in my stomach, cheesy, I know. It was weird, I had never felt this way towards anyone before. Part of me knew this was wrong, liking another guy, but another part was curious. I'm not gay? Am I?

I took my phone out and ran my fingers over the buttons, typing out a message to Luhan.

To: Luhan
So I lied to my dad saying that I was studying with you. He wants you to come over tomorrow so he can meet you.

I walked to my room and plopped on my bed, staring at my phone blanky. To my surprise, Luhan had immedietly replied.

From Luhan:
What were you actually doing

To Luhan: 
Dancing. I have a huge performance coming up that I've got to practice for.

From Luhan
Ooh! Do you think you can show me some moves.

To Luhan:
If you come over tomorrow.

From Luhan: 
Done! :) See you tomorrow!

A/N

I'm sorry! I know I promised a longer chapter but I have been stuck in writers block. I know where I want this story to go because I'm writing this based off past occurances in my life, but it's a little hard puttng it into words. Please bear with me!