thirteen

Stronger
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Third person

 

Yoojin yawned when the history teacher talk, explaining how human can survive during the ancient world. She rested her head on the table for a moment but being distracted when Jimin tapped on her table. Jimin eyed her to look at the front since the teacher was too lurid towards to who take her class lightly. Yoojin couldn’t stand this anymore so she drank some of her water then focused back her eyes on the teacher.

She looked at the clock.

1:25 p.m.

She bit her lip, knowing that only 5 minutes left and she will go to her dreamland at home.

Jimin held his chin in his palm, trying to not fall asleep. Yoojin noticed how sleepy his eyes were because he kept on scratching his head then forced himself to be awake by playing with his pencils and even staining the textbook with his drawings. He then wrote some lyrics on the table then began to tap some tune of the song on his thigh.

Her eyelids couldn’t stand still and her head was slowly collapsed on the table. The teacher who had been eyeing them at the back called her name with her shrilled voice. Everyone in the class jerked up in shock and there were some of them, rubbing their eyes, probably just awake from their ‘nap’.

“Park Yoojin! Are you sleeping in my class just now?” Yoojin couldn’t form a word. Her palms were getting sweaty with hung open to form any excuses. Jimin hid his face in his hands, feeling slightly frightening with this kind of circumstance. Everyone was staring at Yoojin whose cheeks were starting to turn red. She bit her lower lip nervously and took a glance at Jimin who was avoiding all of this.

“Detention this Thursday!” She glared at her, gripping hard on her long ruler in her hands. And when she was about to turn around at the blackboard, the bell rang as a signal school session has ended for today. Everyone face lit up with relief and some sort of happiness, maybe History has ended. As the teacher stepped out of the classroom, everyone began to head back home.

“You must felt embarrassed just now, right?” A girl stood in front of her, smiling.

“Hyomin. Lee Hyomin.”

Yoojin flashed her smile at the girl with her pink watch and her big specs on. Jimin was already waiting outside, leaning against the lockers like usually and had his eyes shut perfectly. Hyomin followed behind her. Yoojin peeked at her while keeping her spec in the case. Why did this girl even following her? But when they stopped at Jimin, Hyomin’ face was never this delight before. Her eyes were sparkling and her lips curled upward, coyly standing in front him.

Being the evil Yoojin to Jimin, she elbowed him harshly making him lost in balance. He gazed at Yoojin in shock and lightly flicked her forehead. But Yoojin was more amused when Jimin got all abashed when he saw Hyomin standing in a shy kind of way. He throat felt dry all of sudden and coughed a few times. Yoojin laughed, face palming.

Hyomin who was intending to speak something to Jimin had being dragged away by Yoojin along the hallway. Jimin looked like he was just reading an English article just now because he stood rather looked very confused with a slightly frown on his brows.

“Jimin loves a girl who could make him sandwich in the morning.”

Hyomin tilted her head to face her heard Jimin’s name.

Hyomin never been in love before as she was known for her bookworm attitude in her class. She would spend her recess in the library and if she’s hungry she would sneak eating some buns. But when Jimin and Yoojin came as the exchange students here, Jimin was first one to make her feel shy all the time in the class and smiling widely. Just like how Yoojin felt towards Kyungsoo whenever they met or had a thought about him.

“Really?” Yoojin nodded in agreement. She adjusted her bag strap because she felt it was going to detach from her shoulder. Hyomin played her fingers, smiling and figuring what kind of sandwich she wanted to do for Jimin, tomorrow.

“How did you know I like-”

“I can tell when a person in love, Hyomin.” She smiled.

No, she never got into any relationships before. She just loves reading love stories and her parent’s was her favourite all time. She remembered when her mother told her how her father confessed to her mother by kissing her back in the basketball court, alone, and it made Yoojin squealed in high tone. And there was Jimin on the back, making odd faces and covering his ears with his headphone.

Back home at Busan, she had this stack of books all about love stories. At night, she would stay up late, reading some fanfiction in the internet. She loves how the author made the characters seemed real to her. When it comes to a sad ending, she end up crying in her own bedroom, silently not to wake Jimin up because if he did, he maybe be asking her why and thought how weird she was. But she already have an answer for that which was, “It’s a girls thing, you idiot.” Then she went back to sleep.

As they separated, Hyomin waved at her then her eyes trailed to Jimin that was looking at the kids in the field, playing soccer. Yoojin turned back and waiting near the bench, for Jimin to cling onto his arm.

“So, what wrong with that girl?” Jimin blurted out.

“Yah! She has a name, moron!” And hit his face, hard.

“And what’s her name then?” He slung his arm around her shoulder while raising his eyebrows. Yoojin rolled her eyes.

“Lee Hyomin.”

 

 

They walked out from the school and went straight to their stepdad’s restaurant. Jimin changed his outfit into a casual one while Yoojin waited in the kitchen, smelling the nice aroma from the food that being cooked.

Jimin had just started his part time job here. It’s because his mother wanted him to be more independent and diligent in everything he did. His mother knew him too well even how hard he wanted to hide something from her. And to add the fact, Mrs Park never had a thought on having a son but when she knew she was pregnant to a twin, a pair to be precise, his husband, Mr Park had never been this happier. As for Jimin, being the only son to her, he need

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter