Goodbye childhood!

A Cosmic Joke or A Gift?

 

When he came back to the table I’m still munching the dumplings like there’s no tomorrow. I decided not to care that I looked like a hamster eating his dumplings. I’m hungry… and hunger can made you not care that you’re in a grand mansion with a beautiful creature in front of you.

I looked at him while munching all three dumplings in my mouth. I swallowed it and choke myself in the process so I grabbed the nearest water (actually its wine) and drank it straight from the bottle.

He looked so dumbfounded as if I killed a cat in front of him.

I stood up straight and walked towards him to close his gaping mouth.

I smiled at him like nothing happened.

“So… how’d it go? Can I leave now? Did you break the contract?” I said as if I didn’t hear a thing from the call.

Well… Jongdae advised me to play dumb when I want to know the personal opinion of a person.

He snapped awake from his state and sat where he was seated when I came. He started talking

“Oh… please sit Mr. Kim.” He pointed to where I’m seated a while ago.  I just comply because I wanted to eat more. It’s a rare opportunity to eat like a dog in the king’s table.

“Hi I’m Luhan.” He said when I’m seated.  He offered his hand for a handshake and I reluctantly took it. “You’re right. I’m sorry for the trouble those idiots caused you.  It has been a mistake because the one I asked was my ex-girlfriend Minseol, but right now I can’t do a thing… Pardon me for my decision but…” he cleared his throat. I’m not feeling good with how things are turning. “I-um..I need you to be my husband until I don’t know.”

It’s my time to leave my mouth hang open.

Maybe he saw the horror painted in my face so he quickly added, “Don’t worry; you can still live your life like before. I just… needed to get marry so my grandfather would surrender his shares and gave me the whole company. I will assure you to comply with your needs, I will even pay you If you want… just name the price.”

I painted more horror on my face hoping that maybe, he will get the message ‘yeah er, I don’t want that marriage thingy. Do I need to make it more obvious?’

“I want my previous status as a single man. Please give it back.” My voice was firm, fully dedicated of what I want.

“I-I can’t do that… Please? I worked hard for this company and my grandpa would not surrender if I can’t show him a- partner.” Luhan begged.

“Then pay for someone. I bet they will be glad. You’re handsome and rich. You can surely manage to get what you wanted.” That’s when he blushed. How cute! Wait- no Minseok, blind yourself from his charisma. Use the fork if needed.

“You think I’m handsome?” Luhan asked with an ugly (in fact it’s y) smirk on his face.

I felt a warm creep on my cheeks. Please let it not be a blushed. I’ll punish you mouth for saying immoral things. You’ll taste bell pepper when we get home.

Then Luhan chuckled. “You’re so cute.”

“Stop and shut up! Aren’t we talking about the marriage? Find someone else,” I yelped, still looking confused.

“But we’re married already. And grandpa already knows.”Luhan said, fixing his suit.

“How about me?” I asked,feeling defeated from what’s happening. “I’m just a simple kindergarten teacher and I don’t want that to change. I just want a simple life and build a beautiful family of my own. You may found my dreams too shallow compare to yours but that’s what I wanted. And I can’t do that if I’m already married.” My tears started to fall again. I’m slowly becoming a crying mess.

Luhan fell into silence. Then he looked at me with pleading eyes.

“I can give you those, just please can you wait until my grandpa surrendered the shares? Then I’ll file a divorce to bring your freedom back. We just need to convince my grandpa that it’s not a hoax.”

I did not speak so Luhan continued to explain.

“My grandpa is smart that’s why I decided to use my ex but those ing idiots bring… you.”

I guess arguing with Luhan was worthless. Besides, the man had decided. This inconsiderate selfish bastard how can he. I swear I’ll make our married life a hell.

How can I explain this situation to Jongdae and Kyungsoo? Can I bring Mr. Cactus and Ms. Rose with me?

How about my goldfish? Wait …I don’t have one.

There’s no point in fighting. Well, maybe I can get something with it. Besides, I always wanted to buy new soccer shoes, and last month bills were still unpaid. And I always wanted to give gifts to my adorable students.

Maybe it’s not that bad. I only need to say “Agreed”.

“Really?!” Luhan shouted in glee.

Did he say that out loud? Well good job mouth, more bell pepper for you.

“I-I agree to your proposition.”

With this statement, Luhan’s face lit up a hundred more watts.

“Yeah?Yeahs?!“ Luhan said almost too happy but  his face started  to contort to something scary I can’t even figure out if he’s happy or angry. I just nod to confirm. 

“So now that it’s settled, let’s make our love story like how we met at a café, our first kiss within that day because you can’t resist me. The way I proposed to you in your work making all your workmates jealous. Our wedding was a secret and simple because you wanted to, and our honeymoon-” Luhan announced so fast and eager, but when the word ‘honeymoon’ registered in my head, I snapped faster than I blinked.

“WHAT HONEYMOON?!N-NO HONEYMOON!!  I-I- I DON’T EVEN ING KNOW HOW IT IS DONE WITH A G-GUY!”  I can’t imagine how two guys do it. Where do they stick it in? Oh the horror! I don’t want to think about it…

Luhan just laughed at my outburst. His laughed was so ing melodic I want to cry for not hating him.

“Of course they stick it in the hole.” Luhan said like he’s just saying ‘hello’

There’s my childhood leaving me... Goodbye childhood! I’m glad I had you. Farewell!

 

 

I was about to start my cussing galore when Luhan’s phone rang. He looked at me like he’s asking me if he can answer the call. Of course I signalled him to ‘go, kill yourself, get out! Chase my childhood and bring it back to me or I won’t forgive you!’

When Luhan stood up and took a distance to answer his call, I tried to calm down my nerves with some dumplings left on the table.

Yeah, they stick it in the hole, so what (THE ! REALLY? HOW COME I DID NOT KNOW!), And how come that Luhan have prepared story already? And in a café? Really? That’s the most cliché story I ever heard.

Why not they met in an ice cream store, like Luhan was arguing with his kindergarten student Kyungsoo, offering a deal to my Kyungsoo that he gave him 100 dollar, because the man wanted the last scoop of avocado ice cream and my Kyungsoo doesn’t want to give in and I as a loving teacher gone to save my lovely student because Luhan looks like a e. It was more believable than a café story. And a kiss on first day? Really?! What’s this, an old drama series? The absurdity didn’t end at that, proposing on workplace… again…. I’m a ing kindergarten teacher! What will my students think if they saw that! Let’s forget the honeymoon part. The end.

I was swimming in my thoughts (of how two guys do it) when Luhan came back face as pale the porcelain kitchen set. I don’t know what happened but I became worried for him. He said, “My grandpa wanted to see us… Now… He’s in the living room.”

I felt my blood drained from my face. We looked at each other for I don’t know how long then I decided to reach for his hand (although I really wanted to reach for his neck to strangle him). I’m still a good man after all.

“Come on… you needed to do this for you company right? If you messed up (I hope you will), I’m going to be there (and laugh at you). Maybe your grandfather was just worried for your love life (because he knows you’re a creep). Maybe he just doesn’t want you to be alone,” I said as if I’m talking to one of my students.

And then he smiled.

I nearly jumped on the creek of love to start my fall but thank goodness my brain slapped my heart to wake up.

“Then let’s go.”

 

 --

 

We walked while holding hands like a freaking newlywed.

Every part of the house was beautiful. It’s like a dream.

When we arrived in the living room, there’s an aged man (probably the grandpa) looking at the picture frames on the side table. He was smiling. He looked like a kind man, not so tall probably my size, but looked healthy (healthier than the lanky Sehun).

When he felt our presence, he smiled even more and suddenly walked towards us and hugged me.

I became stiff from the contact; I don’t know what to do. Then he let go from the embrace, looked at me and held me in my shoulder.

“So you’re Kim Minseok. I’m dying to meet you. Let’s sit. My knees were not that strong, you know.”

I nodded. I followed Luhan not letting go of his hand.

We’re seated on a grand sala set (everything in here was grand),Luhan and I sat next to each other and grandpa in front of us.

“Hello dear.” It’s grandpa breaking the silence and there’s Luhan breaking the ashtray. “Did Luhan introduce me already to you?”

“No, not yet… He’s been so nervous since I arrived here.” I said.

Wow, someone gave me a medal for not stuttering. Well, somehow, it felt so easy to talked to grandpa, like you don’t need to worry anything when talking to him.

“What an ungrateful child. Well, I’m Kim Junmyeun. You can call me grandpa Suho.” He extends his hand for a handshake and I gratefully accepted it.

“Hello grandpa Suho, I’m Kim Minseok… Minseok is fine.”

And then we talked about most trivial things like what’s my work, where do I live. My non-existent family. When I told him I’m an orphan, he just looked at me and said, “Well, you must be a brave man.” I like grandpa Suho already.

I know all this time Luhan has been listening to us. Because whenever I looked at his reaction, he looked so proud at me. I don’t even know why.

Then Luhan joined the conversation. It was fun until grandpa Suho asked about our ‘love’ story (like there was love in this story).

It’s mainly Luhan who was telling the story and me nodding and grandpa Suho smiling.

Apparently, we’ve known each other for almost nine months. We’ve met at the café one morning (just like the cliché story). He approached me while I am sipping my coffee, doing my lesson plan and because I forgot my wallet at the counter when I left, he, as a nice citizen, gave it back. Then I asked him to have a dinner with him as a thank you and because ‘he’s handsome’.  We kissed that night, and that’s the start of our glorious love story.

Grandpa looked like he’s enjoying the story. His eyes filled with mischief. Then he shifted his attention to me.

“So, I always wanted to see my grandson kissing someone. Could you kiss him in front of me? Besides, you’re married already.”

My heart skipped too many beats. Oh God, He’s testing us!

Unexpectedly, Luhan turned my face to him, facing him and swiftly he started pressing his lips on mine.

I don’t know when did I close my eyes but I snapped it open when I heard grandpa chuckling saying, “It’s fine already. You can stop. You made me feel jealous.”

I looked down. I can’t look at Luhan. My cheeks were so hot. Oh my gosh! It’s my first time to kiss with a man.  I felt a strange feeling in my chest… leaking the feeling to my stomach…then to my knees.

“Well then, I will be going. Minseok, son, if you needed something or if my grandson ever hurt you just call me ok I will be the first one to cut his phallus or castrate.  I hope you enjoy the night here.” That’s it and grandpa left.

We stood there not talking for another endless minutes.

But Luhan decided to break the silence saying words I least expected to hear

“I like kissing you.”

I looked at him realizing he was already looking at me.

 

 

 

 

___________________________________

Both chapters1 and 2 was edited :) 

Thank you jini_14 unnie for the beta. I love you already <3

 

Thank you for subscribes, comments and upvotes. <3

(^u^)