My Kidnappers and Me

A Cosmic Joke or A Gift?

Minseok's POV

Those es on my neighbourhood woke me up on this ungodly hour 4:17am with their ing moans that are so loud it can reach the next universe.

Yeah es, I don’t have someone to pound on me every night but you don’t need to slap that to me every ing time you each other.

I gathered all my pillows and planted my head under it, hoping those freaking moans to disappear. Yeah, my luck was like a size of my molar teeth. Those moans seriously only got louder. I hope he broke his .

Those moans got disturbingly loud so I decided to get up and start my day on 4:20 in the morning.

After I cleaned up myself, I cooked (for myself alone), scanned some photos I have which was mainly all by myself because I literally don’t have anyone to share the moment to.

 

 

I was an orphan and I don’t have many friends. I only have Mr. Cactus, Ms. Rose, Jongdae and Kyungsoo. I don’t want to be a loner, in fact I wanted to have many friends but I don’t want to be pitied because of my past. I wanted friendship built not with pity.

I wanted my friends to see me as I see myself. I don’t sulk because I don’t have a father nor I don’t feel the warm embrace of a mother. I decided not to put myself in that zone, it hurts sometimes, but those don’t change a thing. I still don’t have a family.

I looked at those captured moments, remembering that even I’m basically alone I fill my shallow life with those memories.

Well, even Mr. Cactus and Ms. Rose have meaningful stories.

Mr. Cactus was a left over from a garden show. He was the last item and no one wants to buy him. The vendor just wanted to give it to me for free, but because I’m crazy, and I don’t want Mr. cactus to feel that I’m just forced to accept him, I insisted to pay, because I genuinely “want” Mr. Cactus. He is wanted.

Ms. Rose have more tragic story. She was an American rose planted as a gift for a girl but the girl didn’t want her so she tried to throw her. But before she did, I asked her if I can have the Rose and she gladly gave it to me like I just removed a thorn from her toes. What a .

Yes, I’m hopeless lonely like that.

Jongdae and Kyungsoo were the only real people in my life. When all were pitying me for my life, they just laughed at me, they laughed at my past… maybe not necessary ‘me’ but maybe they laughed at Lady Fate because when I asked them why were they laughing, they explained that I should laughed too because those challenges and struggles did not succeed to bring me down. It means I’m a winner. I won over the wicked humor the planner had made to my life. That I should be happy.

After that, I laughed and laughed while crying like a caveman (yes, it’s possible I did it) for the longest time in my life. They were the people who gave genuine smile without pity but empathy and I decided to keep them.

 After looking back my mellow dramatic life story, it’s only 5:05 am and it’s still freaking early.

As the rice cooker made a ‘ting’ sound, indicating my rice is already cooked, my door harshly opened revealing two mask men coming inside my apartment. They suddenly grabbed me and blocked my airways with a handkerchief with a weird smell. I tried to fight back but the smell made me dizzy and all went dark afterwards.

 

 

 --

“Please Mr. Kim… Wake up.”

A faint voice was calling me.

“Mr. Kim… We are so dead if you don’t wake up.”

Another voice said.

Someone’s rocking my body. I whined. Can’t they get it? My head got hurt so much like I wanted to break it.

I’ve been attacked! How dare you force me to wake up?

Wait… attacked. I’m kidnapped! Right I was kidnapped.

I shot my eyes wide open as I volt up. When my eyes successfully adjusted to my current environment, I’m in a jungle (naahh… it’s really an apartment full of dirty clothes lying in all directions and dirty everything). Then I saw a man (probably my kidnapper) who has this pretty bronze skin and plump lips, in other words, he was hot. But hold on, he was kidnapping me. I needed to get away from here. So, I decided to punch him in the abdomen because it will be a waste if I punched him in the face. He fell back crunching his stomach and someone laughed from behind.

I realized there was another person in the room (probably my other kidnapper). He’s a lanky boy, so handsome he looked unreal but looked arrogant.

“I told you he is strong…” The lanky one said.

“Shut up Sehun! Why don’t you just help me you worthless thug. Mr. Lu needed him!” The hot bronze skintone man said.

So, the lanky one was named Sehun.

Because it just hit me that I’m not tied or anything, I stood up from the dirty couch I’ve been sleeping in and grabbedSehun’s collar, becoming furious all of the sudden.

“Hey! Why did you kidnap me? Don’t you know I don’t have anyone to claim me and I don’t have freaking money! If you’re going to kidnap someone, try researching for their bank accounts first! You ing moron!” I frantically am shouting at him right now.

 “Wait,..Hey! Calm down Mr. Ki –“

I clenched harder at Sehun’s neck not letting him to finished talking.

“Calm down?! Do you expect me to calm down? I was kidnapped and you want me to calm down? Who’s in the right mind would do that?” I said, looking at him intensely.

I saw his face became paler than it was a while ago.

Before I can strangle him more, the bronze skintone man pulled me from behind. Sehun let out a few cough after I released my hands from his neck. The bronze skin tone man whispereds omething to my ear (like a creepy person).

“We’re sorry Mr. Kim. Well, first let me introduced ourselves I’m Kai and he’s Sehun. Actually, we don’t want to kidnap you. It’s just that… we needed to follow orders to be paid. And we really needed money at this moment. We haven’t eaten for this whole day. We’re broke.”

I relaxed a bit. At least they’re not that psychopath who will kill me after, they’re just broke.

“You can take off your hands now,” I said, behaving like a kid so that Kai will release his tight hold. And Kai blushed just like a teenager. “What order is that? Care to explain?”

 “Well…” Sehun started to explain, “Mr. Luhan needed a wife so he ordered us to get his ex-lover-”

“Wait, what?” I amended his speech. “A wife? Excuse me but do I look like a girl to you? And I’m nobody’s ex! In fact I have never been in a freaking relationship before!”

The two fell into silence and started to have a staring contest.

Then Sehun talked again, “Well, you’re Kim Minseok right?”

What’s happening was making me confused so freaking much like my confusion was the same as the size of nebula.

“You’re Kim Minseok and Mr. Luhan wanted you. And it’s too late to back out now. You already signed the marriage contract and the documents were already sent to the judge. So you’re Mr. Lu’s husband now.”

My brain forgot to function like I can't remember where I am and what happened to me an hour ago. Maybe the synapses became too wide that the impulses cannot pass through.

I’m shocked totally speechless. When the message sank in I can’t even shout. My knees began to turn like a jelly. I state in disbelief.

“I’m married? How? I don’t remember signing anything.” I stated, crying, my tears started to fall down like it’s the most natural thing my eyes can do.

Both Kai and Sehun looked down. Ashamed of what they did.

Kai explained, “This is your second day here. Last night… I’m really sorry Mr. Kim...” he kneeled in front of me. “I’m sorry… We drugged you and make you signed those documents.”

I kneeled along with him and said, “B-but… I really don’t have any idea who that Luhan is. I don’t even know him. I honestly don’t have any past relationship. If possible you were telling the truth, this will be my first. And I’m already married! “

I started to cry. I wanted to have kids. To build my own family with the person I love. But it’s all gone now. My greatest dream was crushed by an order.

I’m a mess. Maybe my mucus and tear formed a mixture. I don’t even care if I looked like an ape crying right now.

It’s unbearable. Maybe I’m a murderer on my past life because Lady Karma was constantly ing me. Maybe I killed these two in my past life, and I’m willing to kill them again of what they have done to me.

The two looked at me, panicking. Sehun drew comforting circles on my back while Kai who was kneeling in front of me started to cry too.

“I’m really sorry Mr. Kim, but we really needed the money. I know we’re selfish… but we needed to pay our debts or we might be killed,” Kai said with tears in his eyes, feeling guilty of what he has done.

I nodded. I don’t have the strength to get angry anymore. I just nod. That’s when Sehun started to cry too.

We were like fools crying on the floor, my kidnappers and me.

We were playing ‘who can cry the loudest’ when someone’s phone ring.

We suddenly stopped in crying for a moment and looked at Sehun because that’s where the sound came from.

Sehun said ‘it’s mine’ and both Kai and me signalled him to answer it.

Kai and I were dead quiet the whole time Sehun talked to the caller. When the call ended, Kai and I look at Sehun with expectant look.

“It’s from Mr. Lu. He wanted to see Mr. Kim right now.”

I suddenly became afraid. Who the is Mr. Lu? What if he’s a maniac?

After that, Kai and Sehun begged me to dress up even if I don’t want to. They can be so persuasive with their puppy eyes and my ears hurt with their whines, so I decided to comply. Besides, it’s Mr. Lu who I really needed to talk to.

--

Kai and Sehun let me wore a suit, feeling out of place because the two brought me to a large mansion.

 The place was an epitome of heaven. The landscape was oriental with some touch of western. The owner was freaking rich he can even use his money as toilet paper.

They guided me to the rooftop. I’m totally shocked to see an infinity pool on the rooftop. On the center of it has a small but cozy gazebo. There’s a bridge connecting the gazebo to the floor. It’s so strategic that I can’t run once I’m seated there.

After admiring the lovely place, I suddenly sited a man. He’s sitting in gallant and audacious posture, facing his back against me. So I can’t clearly see how he looks like.

Then we stopped and both Kai and Sehun looked at me with apologetic eyes.

“We can’t accompany you from here. We’ll just wait for you at the garden. Mr. Kim,”Kai said, smiling his best smile for me.

“Okay. I don’t forgive you yet but you can call me Minseok.” Just that and I gave them a small smile in return.

Oh I wish this crazy afternoon will end soon.

I entered the gazebo and looked at the man in suit. He must be… 

Wow…

He must be an angel. 

I expected someone who’s ugly (because he can’t get a wife) and old (because he is freaking rich already) but the one I saw was a son of goddess of beauty, no he must be beauty himself (it’s so weird because he’s a male).

The man looked at me with visible surprise in his face. Then he suddenly stood up not breaking the stare.

He must be so disgusted with my face because his face contorted to something I don’t know where came from.

When I can’t bear it I decided to back face and leave. But the man grabbed my wrist firmly.

 “W-who are you?” The man asked, staring at my face.

“I-Im K-Kim Minseok.” why am I stuttering? “I was kidnapped by Kai and Sehun and said that Mr. Luhan needed a wife, well as you can see I’m not a girl and I’m not someone’s ex so I am quite sure they were mistaken me as your ex. I came here to break the ing wedding they were talking about.”

“. . !” The man mumbled. “Sit. And please don’t leave. I needed to do something.”  The man said, feeling irritated from what’s happening.

He dialled someone from his phone and then he started to shout. I don’t care what he’s rambling about. I’m too hungry so I ate the food that’s calling me to eat them on the table.

There’s a dumpling! My favorite!

I managed to hear (or actually listen) to some of the words. It says:

 ‘BLAH, BLAH, BLAH! NOT KIM MINSEOK, IT KIM MINSEOL! BLAH, BLAH BLAH! WHAT?! ALREADY MARRIED?! BLAH BLAHBLAH! GRANDPA KNOWS?! BLAH BLAHBLAH! YOUSOMUCHIWILLKILLYOU!”

__________________________

there :)

Both chapters1 and 2 was edited :) 

thank you jini_14 unnie for the beta. I love you already <3