4_ Full moon

Sacred
Please log in to read the full chapter

“Mommy?… mommy.. can I..?”

The little brunette glanced up at his mother expectantly.

“Kwangmin, it’s late and I’m busy. Go to sleep”

His mother replied tiredly, not looking away from the stack of papers, trying her best to focus on the work she need to complete. She could have done them much earlier, if not because her younger son had been crying the whole day and she could not bear to leave him like that.

Sobs.

The young mom rubbed her temple and sighed loudly. Needless to say, her heart still stirred at the soft crying sound.

“Kwangie..”, she plead, “I really need to finish my work. Can you go to bed first, honey? I will join you in a while, alright?”

The little one bit his lips and nodded, hugging his teddy bear tightly against his chest. Kwangmin felt guilty for crying so much and annoyed his mother, but at least she had agreed to sleep with him.

Obediently, the brunette went back to his room and climbed onto his queen-sized bed, waiting for his mother. No matter what, he could not sleep alone. The room had become too big for one person.

 

 

 

“Kwangmin?”

The brunette got a little startle at the soft call, turning his head to the side and realizing his twin was already awake.

“Um yes? What’s wrong?”, Kwangmin asked cluelessly.

“That’s my question. I woke up and you were just staring into space for a whole minute” the elder twin asked, pulling the blanket up to cover the younger’s chin, “What’s wrong?”

The brunette turned his body, snuggling into the slightly older boy’s chest, “Youngmin.. Can you tell me about our mother?”

“Mother?” the elder echoed, his voice cautious, “What about her?”

“I mean… I haven’t seen her. At least not after awakening. And dad never mention her”, Kwangmin explained, glancing at the blonde, “I know she left the castle long ago but I still wonder how she is now… Also…”

“… Also?”, Youngmin pressed on.

Kwangmin sighed, biting his lips, “I think I dreamed about her… but I can’t remember anything as soon as I wake up…”

Youngmin raised an eyebrow comically, “But you are sure that you saw her in your dream?”

“Umm.. Maybe?”, Kwangmin thought he could not have come up with a lamer response even if he tried, “Okay nevermind, let’s talk about something else”

Youngmin could not hide his giggle and earned himself a pillow on the face.

“Stop laughing!”

They ended up having a huge pillow fight, only stopping once the bed were filled with feathers and both boys exhausted, from laughing too much.

“Ok, let’s call Minwoo to clear this up and have breakfast!”

Kwangmin announced, and was about to leave the bed but the elder twin stopped him, again.

“Wait”, said Youngmin, “Feed on me, Kwang”

“Whattt??”

The brunette squeaked, “..again?”

Youngmin laughed out loud and pulled the younger back on the bed.

 “But I did it to you just yesterday… And we are still hunting later. There is no need…”

“So?” Youngmin rolled his eyes, “I want you to. So stop complaining”

The brunette bit his lips.

“I was not complaining..”

 

 

 

 

-------------------------------------------

 

"Oh no oppa. I dropped my lucky stone in the wood"

Jeongmin stopped on his track as his little sister cried out in panic.

The little girl clutched her neck with both hands, face showing pure horror. "Oppa what do I do? Oh my God Oppa! Mommy is gonna be so mad!"

"Shhh Eunnie!" Jeongmin hushed my sister as she started tearing up, "Do you remember where you might have dropped it?"

"I don't know... Maybe somewhere near the waterfall? We spent the most time there"

"I see" the blonde boy sighed, knowing it would take at least a couple of hours to find the little pendant. It would be troublesome to go back there, but it was the last gift their late father had left them, so it was not a question whether to give it a try or not.

Looking at the sun, he might still be able to make it back before sunset.

"Alright Jieun. Just go home, tell mom I will be back for dinner"

 

 

 

-------------------------------------------

 

“Have a good hunt, young masters!”

The two guards wished the twins and opened the forest gate for them.

Kwangmin was having the best mood ever. It happened that after the Council members visited their father 3 days ago, Youngmin was suddenly free from his work duty. The blonde had been staying with him almost 24/7 everyday, only leaving his side during his combat training or hunting time.

“Kwang let's stay close for today”

“Ehh?” the younger turned to his twin, puzzled by the unusual suggestion.

From what Kwangmin had been taught, vampires hunt alone. It was not a habit, but rather a courtesy. Even though they don’t kill animals for feeding (in order to maintain food source), it was never a pretty sight to see someone’s face stained with blood.

“Just for today” Youngmin told him, face serious, “Because it’s full moon”

“Full moon?”

The blonde nodded, “It’s the most dangerous time to hunt. Werewolves got a resurge of energy on this day, so we have to be careful. Stick together.”

“Okay, sure”

Kwangmin said casually, completely ignorant to the fact that a wolf might jump out of nowhere and tear his throat open.

 

 

So the two brothers browsed through the forest together. Kwangmin was too thrilled about having the elder twin coming along, that he insisted on bringing Youngmin to see all of his favourite spots -

Please log in to read the full chapter