3_ Vampire Council

Sacred
Please log in to read the full chapter

 

"Get out! Who gave you the right to... GET OUT!!!"

 

Kwangminnie pressed his body against his brother as the two of them crammed inside the small closet. Their mother's screams echoed through the whole house, despite the heavy rain and thunder, making both boys cowered in fear.

What was happening?

Who were they hiding from?

"Kangmin.."

Youngmin whispered, "I think I should go out and help mom. You stay here."

"No!! Don't go" the brunette cried, gripping the blonde's shirt, "I don't want to be alone!~"

"Shh Kangminnie. I will be back”, Youngmin soothed his brother, trying to act brave like the good elder brother his mom wanted him to be, “It's not a good move if we both go. I will call if we need you to come out”

“But… Yong~”

“No but. Just wait for me here."

Having said that, the blonde pulled his shirt out of Kwangmin's grip and opened the lock as quietly as possible.

"Remember to yell if you need hel-"

Kwangmin reminded but the elder had already forced the door closed after him, keeping only the brunette inside. The small place suddenly seemed too big and the younger twin immediately regretted not following his brother.

The commotion at in front of their house became even more chaotic after Youngmin went to “help” mommy. The noises got louder, there were more screams, more pushes and pulls.

Yet, Kwangmin never heard his name being called, not even once.

In the end, he still decided to come out by himself. His poor little heart was beating so quickly it might explode if he stayed there any longer.

Just as the brunette openned the closet, he was startled by a sudden loud scream... The pained cry cut through the night like the slash of a sharp sword. And then, everything became quiet.

Absolutely quiet.

 

“Yong?”

Kwangminnie called, his innocent voice echoing in the now silent house.

 

“…Mommy?”

 

 

 

-------------------------------------------------

 

"Hyung"

Donghyun looked up from his half eaten breakfast as the second-in-command barged inside the hut. Lee Taemin, with a horribly serious face, came bearing a mess of papers and files as gift for the leader.

"What the hell are these?", grunned Donghyun when the younger presented the -load in front of him.

"Our spies managed to collect more the information about the victims of the massacre", Taemin replied, then added "You should take a look"

"Anything interesting?" The elder asked, clearly not in the mood to go through the pile of documents.

"Nothing much actually" The mushroom-haired male shrugged, "but the data must be valuable. I mean noone around the area could remember anything regard the victims, which means that someone had taken the trouble to alter their memories, which means that information about those victims is important, which means that we should-"

"Right. Right. Got it!", Donghyun agreed, just in time to stop Taemin's rants from causing internal bleeding to his sensitive ears.

Seeing that the younger would not leave until he started doing something productive, Donghyun stuffed the remaining piece of sandwich into his mouth and took the documents to his work table.

The silver haired male pulled out the photographs of the victims and relatives and went through them one by one. The table was quickly filled up with pictures, more than 100 faces, 17 victims, the others were either neighbours or relatives. All of them were of different ages, different backgrounds, having no similarity except for their poor fate. Most bodies discovered were torn beyond recognition. Most importantly, they were all dried in the end. The scene was the most disturbing Donghyun had ever come across. Just one look and he could tell it was the work of a bloodsucker in its blood craze. Yet, all vampire clans had denied responsibility for this attack.

Last week, the Tribunal had released its final judgement of the case, and to nobody’s surprise, it was a death sentence. Following this, the Red-eye pack had been granted permission to execute the criminal on the spot. It was a great news, except that Donghyun had been leading the search for months and could not find even a single suspect.

The most ridiculous thing to him was, even though the background of the criminal was as clear as day, the Tribunal still refused their request to investigate vampire's territories. One third of the judges were vampire representatives, so it was nearly impossible to obtain the 80% agreement vote.

Screw them.. Wait until I can tear down those bloodsuckers’ houses and…

Donghyun thought, staring so intense at the photos that Taemin could just imagine them burning into ashes.

Then all of a sudden, the elder’s expression and focus changed as his eyes spotted a familiar face among the mass of photographs.

 

"This brunette..."

“Who?”, Taemin caught on immediately, looking down at the photo that had sparked theelder’s interest, only to frown in confusion.

“You find this child suspicious?”, the younger’s tone was incredulous, ignorant to the fact that he was not much older.

“I think.. No.. I mean I met him yesterday, in the wood…” Donghyun picked up the photo to take a closer look, still couldn’t believe in his luck.

 

“…He is not a human”

The leader stated, finally taking his eyes off the picture, "Call the pack. We are paying the Capitol another visit"

 

 

 

-------------------------------------------------

 

Meanwhile, in Sacred...

 

"Kwangminnie!~"

Youngmin cooed, cornering the brunette, a cup of greenbeans in his hand, "Come on, just one bite. No indigestion i promise!"

The younger looked at him, face showing the obvious distrust to his brother's creepy antic.

"Never!"

Kwangmin quickly dived under the blonde's outstretch arms, running for his life.

The Scared folks watched as the twins chased after one another, laughing heartily. Despite their high status, the twins were still among the youngest members in the clan.

They still had a long time to grow, and a lot more things to learn.

 

 

“Thank you Mrs Kim!”

The old lady chuckled as the two thanked her in complete sync and gulped down the dr

Please log in to read the full chapter