Prologue

Sacred
Please log in to read the full chapter

"AHHHHHHHHHHHHH"

 

Kwangmin winced at the piercing scream, trying to hold down the young soldier who was convulsing and screaming non-stop. The brunette was just casually practising sword with this young soldier a minute ago, and then suddenly the fellow vampire went mad on him. All soldiers in the arena were alerted by the noise and turned to them in puzzlement.

“His eyes have turned silver!”

Kwangmin shouted, immediately realized what had happened.

As the brunette lost his focus for a split second, he tripped on his own legs and almost felt down. The mad boy did not miss the opportunity and immediately charged at his neck. Fortunately, others had ran to his assistant, knocking the berserk guy with a sword handle and dragged him away from Kwangmin.

"Young master, are you alright?"

A middle-age man asked worriedly, holding his hand out for him to take. Kwangmin nodded and stood up as calmly as he could. It took five other people to restraint the irate vampire, until finally the medic arrived and shot him unconscious with a heavy sedative dose.

It was not the first time Kwangmin had witnessed someone going through the Changing. It was a normal stage every vampire had to go through once in their life. Even though the process was not pretty, it’s supposed to be a happy sign, telling you that that your body had matured, and ready for the vampire blood to take over 100%. During this cross-over process, young vampires were kept in coffins for three days, and three nights, until their violence drive stopped. After that, they would wake up with a new gifted ability, and also stopped aging altogether.

Looking at the friend who was taken away for his “sleep”, Kwangmin sighed and picked up his sword, all his enthusiasm for a good fencing practice long forgotten. No matter what people said about the Wake, he felt horrible seeing someone going through it. Just the thought of how he used to experience the same thing, being locked in a coffin, and screaming like a mad man in there, made him shivered.

Of course Kwangmin had no memory of the process. He obtained his Pyrokinesis power fairly recent, and the cross-over did things to your brain that made you temporary forget your past. Wonderful, did it not? As time went by, the memory would slowly come back. However, it was horrible enough to wake up knowing absolutely nothing, except for the bit that you drink blood to survive.

It’s annoying, but everyone had to go through that.

There was a rumour that Werewolves also had something similar, but no one cared about them anyway.

 

 

Before returning to the castle, Kwangmin passed by his favourite weapon room.

“Good to see you again, Kwang! How was training?”, smiled Jonghyun brightly as he saw the brunette’s face.

The swordsmith was one of the very few around who called Kwangmin by his name, except his family, and Minwoo.

“Thanks hyung. It was fine”, the said boy returned the smile and gave his beloved sword to the elder, “Key was busy so I have to practise on my own”

“Well. Isn’t that a good thing?”

The swordsmith joked, and had Kwangmin burst out laughing.

Everyone knew how strict his fencing trainer was. His father was the one who insisted on hiring Key to be Kwang

Please log in to read the full chapter