9_ Carnivores

Sacred
Please log in to read the full chapter

 

“Listen, Kwangmin.

If anyone ever tries to make you remember,

come back to me right away”

 

 

 

Youngmin POV:

“Why are there so many people?”

My father asked immediately when we stepped down the stairs, seeing the troop already ready where they were in front of the entrance. From the corner of my eyes, I could see Minwoo letting out a relief breath.

“We don’t think it’s wise for you and the young master to come to the wolves’ headquarter with only a few escorts, my Lord”, Commander Lee explained.

”We are not going for a fight, and we don’t want to start unnecessary tension”, my father told the general, “Choose ten of your best men and the rest should go back to training”

The chief bowed at the firm order, “As you wish, my Lord”

In the end, 10 best soldiers were selected to come along and the rest had to stay behind.

 

“Youngmin, if you have something to say, say it”

My father sighed as our group started entering the forest.

I shrugged, just wanting to get going quickly and not wasting time arguing, “If you have decided, it’s not like what I say matters to you”

“Smart boy”, he nodded, tapping my shoulder, “Anyway trust me. I know the Werewolf’s leader. He is not someone who would want a fight”

 

 

 

--------------------------------------

 

Donghyun POV:

"…Somewhere near the border, hyung"

I nodded at Taemin, recognizing the same familiar smell. Finally, we could pick up that young vampire’s scent.

"There are two humans near him...", said Taemin, sounding alert and worried.

"Remember not to do anything rush", I reminded the guys as we picked up the pace, "Take my cue. We shall observe them first. If there is any sign of violence, rescue the human quickly. Avoid  unnecessary fight with that vampire. Understood?"

"Understood", echoed the pack.

We must not screw this up a second time.

 

 

 

"Kwang.. Wait! We should check if something went wrong"

I held my breath at the voice, stopping behind a tree and gesturing for the rest of the pack to hide. They each took their position around the approaching group of three

"I’m fine guys! I just really need to go..."

Came Kwangmin's voice, trying to break away from the humans who somehow managed to hold him back.

"You look really pale. Why not stay another day to make sure you are alright?", the other slightly taller human said, worry laced in his voice.

"But I need to go… And I need to be quickk..", whined the vampire.

Spell?

My ears picked up on the word and I glanced at Taemin. He nodded back, confirming the same thought.

-Wizards.

So they were probably the ones who helped Kwangmin escape yesterday. But how did they know each other? And why were they fighting?

I obviously had no idea. I only knew that we must bring that boy back before he disappeared without a trace again.

 

“Okay then… if you insist… Take care, Kwangmin”

The older wizard finally said with sigh, releasing the vampire from his constraint with some strange spell.

“Thanks hyungs. I may come back to visit if I-”

 

Kwangmin’s words were stuck in his throat as I stepped out of my hiding place, making my presence known. The rest of the troop followed my lead, surrounding the group of three.

“What… What are you-”

The vampire looked like he had stopped breathing (either out of fear or another reason), a ring of fire appeared around the spot where he was standing. The two wizards held up their wands, but I spoke up before they could start doing any strange stuff.

“Wait. We don’t have any violent intention.”

I held up my hands, trying to sound as less menacing as possible. The other werewolves also transformed into their human form, a signal to initiate negotiation rather than fight.

 

“Kwangmin, you need to come with me”

 

 

 

 

--------------------------------------

 

Meanwhile, at the Bloodmoon Clan headquarter…

 

Youngmin POV:

We waited a few minutes before a group of werewolves finally showed up at the entrance of the giant cave. There were about fifteen of them, all in their wolf forms except for one. He was most probably the alpha.

"Long time no see, Hyun Suk"

He greeted, holding out a hand to my father, smiling briefly.

I felt a fire burning my inner wall at the fake friendly act. If he had done that to me, I would have slapped his hand away in disgust, not caring about the bunch of grumbling stinky dogs guarding around him. However, my father stayed calm and returned the gesture.

"Kyu Hyun, I believe you already know the reason of my visit?", asked my father, keeping his voice neutral, "I don’t know what business you have with my youngest son, but I believe you don't have the right to hold him captive for this long."

The old wolf nodded.

"Yes Yes. We know the limit of what the Tribunal permitted us to do. My troop only wanted to meet your boy, for some questions.

He paused for a second, then sighed, "However, they actually failed to get a hold on him. We actually thought Kwangmin had gone back to the castle last night, until the owl delivered your letter"

I could see pure surprise from my father's expression as the old wolf stated the very same explanation Donghyun had given to Minwoo. The butler tried to catch my eyes but I ignored him, leaving it up to my dad to decide what to do next. At his age, hopefully he knew how to read the wolves.

"Kwangmin did not come back", my father still kept his voice stable, though it was clear that anger was twinking in his eyes, “So, release him”

The werewolf alpha emphasized once again, "The kid is not with us, Hyun Suk. It's the truth."

"You send a troop of ten to chase after my son and you want me to believe that he escaped?", my father laughed humourlessly, "Then where could he have disappeared to?"

"We have no idea as well", the werewolf head sighed, "But Donghyun and the hunter pack is re-looking around the forest for-"

 

The wolf suddenly stopped mid-sentence, and all others around him shifted their attention towards the direction behind us.

My heart thumped, recognizing a certain presence coming close.

"Oh here he is ", said the alpha in a pleased tone, “with your boy I hope”

 

 

“Youngmin”

I let out a relieved breath hearing my brother’s voice, at least he did not seem hurt. Donghyun’s pack was also with him, but they kept a distance behind the brunette. Smart move I would say.

“You okay?”

I asked as the brunette came to my side.

“I’m fine. But what happened? They said you are all here. I mean you shouldn’t…” he couldn’t hide how uncomfortable it was to be standing so near to the werewolf’s castle.

I could not blame him. My neck hair had been standing the whole time.

“Everything is good as long as you are safe”, my father said, cutting the conversation short. Kwangmin nodded and remained silent then, catching the talk-later-when-you-get-home gaze from the old man.

“Thank you for finding him”, father said to Donghyun, before he turned back to the alpha.

“We shall take our leave then, Kyu Hyun”

However, the alpha raised a hand to hold us back.

“I’m glad the misunderstanding has been cleared up, though there is something else that we need to do”, he turned to his grandson, “Donghyun, don’t you have some questions for the little one? Why don’t you ask him now?”

I was calm. Whatever they wanted to ask, at least Kwangmin was next to me.

“Um yes. Just something straight forward”, Donghyun nodded, putting his hand in his pocket and took out a photo, “Have you seen this before?”

He held the photo for Kwangmin to see.

My heart did a little flip.

 

It was a picture mom took when he was still a human. His body was around 7 at the point of the picture, though that should be only three year ago. Most of his features were still the same and werewolves’ sharp visual sense would not miss out the striking resemblance. Of course, I was sure Donghyun was the only one who had met both of us and could conclude that the one more suspicious was Kwangmin, not me.

Stupid eagle-eyed carnivore.

 

“Hhmmm.. Is that me?”

After a second, Kwangmin turned to me and asked, obviously having no idea what to say about the picture.

“I don’t know”, I acted clueless, “We don’t have many photo”

Taking picture was not something vampires were fond of doing since our eyes could not stand the flashes. As long as Kwangmin did not blurt out anything unnecessary about his lost memory, he would be fine. Moreover, there was never a case of hybrid human vampire being born according to my father so they would not never be able to guess.

“I don’t think that’s Kwangmin. The kid is not a vampire, right?”, my father asked.

“Well, yes… but we have our suspicion”, Donghyun replied my father, “This human went missing after the incident and there was no data on his background. So maybe..”

“That’s not Kwangmin. I would say you find the correct person and ask rather than chasing my son”, the old man said smoothly, putting his hand on my twin’s shoulder, “Kwangmin has a rather late growth. He has barely left the castle since he was born.”

The wolf alpha chuckled when the brunette frown at my father’s words.

“Oh I don’t doubt how well you hide your kids, Hyun Suk. This is precisely why it was hard to ge

Please log in to read the full chapter