Chapter 1

I Just Realized...

Yuri’s POV

I’m just lazing around in my bed waiting for my alarm clock to ring. I couldn’t really sleep, I’ve been thinking about so many things. Just then it feels like déjà vu.

*Flashback (3 months ago)

I’m just lying in my bed waiting for my alarm clock to ring. Today is the day, I’m officially in college. Today is the day I finally enter one of the most prestigious schools in Seoul Korea, SM University. I feel nervous, what if they don’t like me, but I know I’ll be fine as long as I have my best friend by my side, Yoong. He has been my best friend ever since we were little, we shared everything, from clothes, foods, gadgets to secrets, wishes and dreams but one thing I never told him was that I had a crush on him that eventually developed into love, I realized that when we were 10 years old. Actually I never told anyone for I know that they will say things like “You’re too young” or “What do you know about love? You’re just a little kid.”

How can I say it is not love that whenever I see him or he does something for me, my heart flutters and beats rapidly, I smile as memories of him and me flood through my mind, and whenever Yoong asks for advice when he wants his crush’s attention I feel like my heart breaks into a million pieces, I frown as the happy memories that were playing in my mind changes into heart-breaking memories. “We were inseparable and my feelings never faded away, it’s still there bottled up in my heart, I just didn’t have the guts to really tell him how I feel” I thought to myself.

“I couldn’t bear to say that I like you
Just being by your side like this was good enough

Yes, should I muster up some courage one more time?
Should I tell you how I feel?
You don’t even know my feelings and you just smile brightly

I’m telling you that I want you
I’m telling you that I’m calling you
Hold my hand, hold my hand
I’m afraid that I’ll lose you

I’m telling you that I want you
I’m telling you that I love you
Are you listening to my heart that’s for you?
It hurts just to look at you
Like this”

*Ring… Ring… Ring* “Ugh! This is going to be a long day” I groan as I stand up from my bed to start getting ready for the first day of school.

*Flashback ends

*Present day

“Yeah we were inseparable…” I scoff “until now.” He changed, he wasn’t the same person I fell in love with. Yoong became arrogant and worse he became a flirt. I just wish he didn’t change and he’d love me like I love hi- *KNOCK.KNOCK.KNOCK* My thoughts were cut short when I heard loud knocking on my door accompanied by a loud voice that came from my half-sister, Tiffany “Hey wake up, we’re going to be late if you don’t start taking a bath.” I look at the alarm clock in my nightstand and I was shocked, it rung 10 minutes ago, “Whoa, I spaced out more than I thought so” I stand up to get my towel.

She starts knocking loudly again and I opened the door abruptly before she starts yelling for the second time. “You are so loud Tiffany! You could wake up the whole building1” “Not my fault you wake up so damn late.” I glared at her. She just walks out, unfazed at my attempt to scare her. So I just start bathing, letting the water wash all my thoughts away even for just a little while. “I just hope this day turns out good.” I mumble to myself.

*Tiffany’s POV

I may act like I don’t care about her but the truth is she is really important to me, I am the only family she has now, since our mother died when she was 11 years old and I was 12 years old, her father became depressed because of the death of our mom he began to drink so we decided to go back to Korea immediately after we heard of Uncle Kwon’s condition. My father adopted Yuri because it worried him that Uncle Kwon might hurt Yuri when he wasn’t sober. Now that we are in college nothing changed between our relationship, we still fight but when other people hurt either of the two of us, the other one will always protect the other.

She has been worrying me for the past few weeks, the usually playful and cheerful Yuri who would always prank me is always in her room sleeping or listening to melodramatic songs. In school I would pass by the library and I would see her studying. For certain a doe-eyed handsome guy is the reason for that big change. She doesn’t know it but I can see it in the way she looks at him that she is in love with him. I felt a tap on my shoulder then I look at her. “You ready?” “Yeah.” She answers with a blank expression. “Are you okay?” I ask with a worried tone in my voice, she forces herself to smile and replies “Of course, Why wouldn’t I be okay?” She was obviously not but I nod not asking further because I know she will tell me when she is ready. We exited our apartment building and walked for about 5 blocks.

*Yuri’s POV

From the loud screams and squeals of girls I know for sure Yoong just entered the gates of the school. I sigh and I know Tiffany heard me as she turned her head at my direction. “Tiff I’m heading to class, I need to do some things.” She just nods but I caught a glimpse of her apologetic smile, for some reason I think she knows the situation I am in but I could care less because I trust and love her more than anything, I just don’t express it like the way everyone one else does. I turn around and start walking away wanting to block those ‘Be with me’ and ‘I want you’ from my ears and mind because it will only give me a headache all day long. “This is not what I hoped for this morning.” I breathed out rather heavily.

 

First Chapter done! What do you think? Subscribe or Comment. Thanks and Enjoy hehe :)