33%

Challenge

            « Aaaaaaaaaah !! » Yongguk heard an annoyed yell coming from the work room. He got up from his chair, where he was reading, and went towards the room. When he made it to the door he peeked his head through it. What he saw made him chuckle. There, was sitting his girlfriend with her head flushed against the desk before her, her arms lifelessly hanging on both side of her body. He could make out the shape of her laptop behind hers and behind loads of paper. He called out her name but only got a grunt as an answer which made him chuckle once more.

            “Having some problems with your paper?” He asked stepping into the room, walking towards her.

            “Problems?! Ooooooh nooooo! I don’t have any problems here, with this bloody paper! Everything is unicorns and rainbow right now!” she said with sarcasm filling her voice while springing upwards quickly which made Yongguk jump in surprise. She grabbed a handful of the papers that were surrounding her and continued her rant. “Look I have everything under control here!” and as fast as she had sprang up, she let go of the papers and face planted onto the desk once again. “I can’t do this.” She ended up saying.
            Yongguk went all the way to her, crunching down and pulled the chair towards him. She turned to look at him which gave him the opportunity to see some tears falling down her cheeks.

            “Aish. Don’t be so hard on yourself. There’s no need to cry about this.” He told her with a sweet smile, wiping away her small tears. He then placed his hands on her thighs, his thumbs moving in a circular motion, in a soothing way.

            “I can’t write this freaking paper and if I don’t I’m going to fail and I can’t fail. This is my last year in that awful place, I don’t want to mess it up. And I will by the looks of it. It’s so useless.” She started rambling again, her eyes watering once again.

            “Hey, Jin, Jin, Jin, you are not going to fail.” She rolled her eyes at him and wiped the single tear that fell out angrily.

            “Of course you’d say that. You are my boyfriend so you have to say stuff like that. But the truth is that I’m going to fail and I’ll never be able to leave that place and…”

            “Jin.” He cut her off. She didn’t answer nor did she look at him. “Jin, look at me.” He took her hand in his to squeeze it a little, hoping it would make her look his way. Thankfully it did. “First of all, you know I’d never lie to you just to make you feel better about yourself and second of all, how much will this paper count for your final grade?”

            “33%” she answered with a pout on her lips.

            “33%?! You are freaking out for 33%”

            “Yah! You are supposed to comfort me, not make me feel worse!”

            “Sorry, sorry” he raised his hands as to say he surrendered. “What I mean is that you shouldn’t pressure yourself for so little.” He stood up and pulled on her hand so that her body would follow his movement. He wrapped his arms around her into a warm hug. She had her arms around his waist as she looked up to him with a sincere look in her eyes.

            “You know how much I want out of university. So you know I can’t fail. Not so close to the end.”

            Yongguk knew how much Jin wanted to be done with her degree. She never liked what she was studying but wanted to at least finish her three years so she didn’t end up with nothing. He knew that it took a tool on her mood from time to time and that he had to be there for her. He also knew that since this was her last year she would end up pressuring herself to no extent as she got stressed about not being able to pass and finally be free to do what she really loved.

            “I do. But I also know that you tend to put a whole lot of pressure on yourself and that never worked for you.” He gently kissed the top of her head as she rested her cheek against his hard chest.

            “Well you are one to talk.” She muttered making him laugh.

            “Maybe not but I am still right.”

            “Niahniahniah!” she responded childishly.

            Yongguk smiled, tightening his arms around her and they stayed like that for a little while. Then he got an idea so he started pulling Jin with him towards the front door. He gave her her jacket and took his own before taking her hand again and then lead her out of their building.

            “Where are we going?” she asked, walking next to him.

            “We are going to have some ice cream and have fun on the swings near the ice cream trunk!” Yongguk said with a bright smile on his face.

            “Is this for me or is this just because you really wanted to go to the park?” Jin asked mischievously. Yongguk looked her way. He loved when she got playful like that. Her eyes always sparkled, making her look full of life and mischief.

            “Well I did really want to go play.” He threw back, teasing her. She opened in shock, then frowned and shoved her elbow in his ribs. They laughed together until they reached the ice cream truck. After they had their ice cream in hand, they walked to the little playground not that far away. They played like the five year olds they are, for almost two hours, before they decided to go back to their home.

            Once inside, Yongguk took off his shoes and jacket, then turned his head towards Jin. She looked up, feeling his stare on her, met his eyes and smiled at him. He felt butterflies in his stomach as she did it. He loved the effect she had on him after all these years by her side.
            He broke out of his thoughts when he saw her starting to walk back to the work room. He quickly caught her hand, spun her towards him and brought his lips on hers. She was surprised at first but went with it. Yongguk’s hands slid down her sides and around the small of her back. While Jin’s wrapped around his neck. As time passed by the kiss got more and more heated. Yongguk pulled her up and she wrapped her legs around his waist, not breaking their lips apart. He slowly started taking her to their room, he put her down and was guiding her to their shared bed when she stopped.

            “What about my paper?” she asked him with one hand around his neck and the other one against his frantic heartbeat.

            “You can worry about those 33% tomorrow.”

 

***

Wrote this since I was actually going crazy because of a paper I have to do ^^

Please comment and subscribe :)